Found an excellent 100% walkthrough

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 0:37 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Before I continue, I wanted to say that if you really like this type of game, to do an entire playthrough completely blind. Following a step-by-step walkthrough from the beginning will remove a huge amount of the enjoyment and surprise factor. In my humble opinion House of Ashes is the best of the Dark Pictures anthology so far and it really goes on some interesting twists and turns.

Anyway - I found a fantastic step-by-step walkthrough for the game over at TrueAchievements - I used it after doing a blind playthrough myself and I can vouch for it being pretty efficient and well laid out and it will get you the platinum if you follow it diligently. The same person did one for Little Hope as well which again, was very well set out.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Dark-Pictures-Anthology-House-of-Ashes/walkthrough

Worth a look if you are going for the platinum in HoA!

I see the Man of medan PS + is on there Just downloaded this to my library ... Can I play it solo or not? I heard yes and no confused?  

On 19/06/2022 at 9:13 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I see the Man of medan PS + is on there Just downloaded this to my library ... Can I play it solo or not? I heard yes and no confused?  

It's been a couple of years since I played it, but from what I remember, there is only one truly online trophy for the platinum. You have to do a full online co-op playthrough for the 'Learning to work together' trophy. I'm not sure if that's changed since the release, but I ran a full playthrough with a friend to get it out of the way in the end.

Oh, also - There is technically another co-op related trophy called 'Like that movie with the ship' where you need to complete movie night mode, but you can actually do that solo with a second controller.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

It's been a couple of years since I played it, but from what I remember, there is only one truly online trophy for the platinum. You have to do a full online co-op playthrough for the 'Learning to work together' trophy. I'm not sure if that's changed since the release, but I ran a full playthrough with a friend to get it out of the way in the end.

Oh, also - There is technically another co-op related trophy called 'Like that movie with the ship' where you need to complete movie night mode, but you can actually do that solo with a second controller.

ok thks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/19/2022 at 9:13 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

No. There are a couple of trophies which can only be obtained via Shared Story mode which is online.

12 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

No. There are a couple of trophies which can only be obtained via Shared Story mode which is online.

Just to correct this, there's only 1 trophy that has to be done in Shared Story, and that's to complete shared story. 

You can get every other trophy solo with the Curator's Cut. 

On 11/30/2023 at 2:56 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Just to correct this, there's only 1 trophy that has to be done in Shared Story, and that's to complete shared story. 

You can get every other trophy solo with the Curator's Cut. 

You can max the relationship between the brothers via the curator's cut on solo? I couldn't get that but it could be cos of RNG?

50 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

You can max the relationship between the brothers via the curator's cut on solo? I couldn't get that but it could be cos of RNG?

Yeah, there's a thread on how to do it, but honestly it's super easy to do in Shared Story (since you have to play it anyway) in the first scene of the game.