Final Boss Second Phase

Gonzo7166

Does anyone have any helpful information or tips for the Final Boss Yang's second phase?

I just cannot seem to nail down a routine to get through him while only dying once or twice. His low attack leg sweeps and overall unpredictability are beating me down every time.

I have managed to get through all the other bosses without dying and even Yang's first phase. So up until now I felt confident about beating the game under age 25, but this fight might be what makes me give up.

Looking for any tips, tricks, or routines, even if they might be cheap.

I don't need to be told get good or to just keep trying anymore.

Well, i have find a easy way to beat second phase, it is not 100% effective but it is quite effective. Try to position the boss so that he follows you by the wall, then he bounces off the wall and jumps at you, which is easy to counter L1 + left analog stick and you have easy punish. He will run at you sometimes, but try to avoid a fast backward R2. From what I can remember, I only died once in the second phase of doing this method.

You can use focus for the whole game and suddenly on the last boss they decide that ... nope you can't use it ?  Very cheap.

Edited by SenpaiSlap

JUST DONE MINE. what i can say is look at his feet more than hands as hands are easier to defend. also if you keep him in far distance he will more often do the heavy 3 combo strike after you defend that punish him and go back to distance. as you mentioned before you dont want to hear just keep trying but this is the point of the game repetition and learning his moves.

I know you already completed the game, but here's some advice in case someone else needs it:

During first phase, parry the quick combos and avoid the other attacks, so that he can't break your structure. When you see him standing still, attack and avoid the two punches that come afterwards, then punish with a combo. When he quickly moves back, be ready to avoid his low attack.

Phase two, parry and avoid just like you did in the first phase. When he comes in with a regular kick and follows up with a punch, be ready to avoid his low sweep attack. If you fall use the L1 ground counter. When you see him waiting with a charged attack, taunt him with the right d-pad and he will come to you instead. Cancel the animation with R2. If he is far away, expect the triple glowing fists combo.

That's about it. Just practice and repeat until you're good enough.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

Having 3x Parry Impact is essential. All I did was was spam block to parry during his first phase.

On his second phase you can't get away with just spamming block but you can learn his patterns and spam block when needed. When he does his charged fist attack and the wall kick, avoid. The rest you can parry. Be aware of your structure bar though. Upgrading your structure bar x3 will help as well.

My advice. fight his second phase again and again until you got most of his patterns down.

My first time probably took me 11 times to beat him. I played yesterday and was shocked i only died once.

• 2 weeks later...