Platinum obtainable + potential platinum-breaking glitch.

Andrea9281

6 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

Today 2k released the final requirements for the Unicorn ball. It's a series of 9 agenda challenges that will take the average player 45 minutes to an hour to complete. The agendas require specific players but all have plenty of cheap variants available.

Also, the new dark matters in packs will make gemologist more widely obtainable since previously you had to have an astronomical amount of MT to be able to reach 3000 cards and get Gary Payton.

The platinum is currently unobtainable if you are trying to stack. The unicorn trophy will pop on one stack but not both. I tested this only from PS4 -> PS5. If someone else wants to check the opposite direction it would be helpful I suppose.

That sucks, hope they fix it soon. 

15 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

The platinum is currently unobtainable if you are trying to stack. The unicorn trophy will pop on one stack but not both. I tested this only from PS4 -> PS5. If someone else wants to check the opposite direction it would be helpful I suppose.

This is exactly what I was mentioning somewhere before as possibility. The game counts unlock and not possession of the card. I would advice creating a ticket to 2K, while they still caring about 2K22.

I would also mention that Disco Ball might be obtainable only until 31th December 2022. Other All-Star Lifetime Agenda has that ending date, but it might apply to both.

• Like 1

If anyone else is submitting tickets for this, please let me know if you get a more charitable response. I got the following garbage:

dTWou9k.png

I would encourage everyone to respectfully raise awareness about this on Twitter, Reddit, and in the 2k support chat. But needless to say it is looking pretty fucking bad. This will be my last 2k game. As much as it has become my favourite series by far over the past few years, this kind of design is simply unacceptable.

Edited by Andrea9281
  • Like 2

I kept pressing for answers and finally someone with sense answered. A big thanks to Gabriel for passing the information along, but we are not out of the woods yet! If you haven't submitted bug reports for this please do so; every voice added has the potential to push this up the priority queue for the development team.

fGm0f2V.png

• Like 3

I think I was the most miserable, because when I opened the Unicorn card pack (without turning it over), the PS5 powered down. so that after I re-opened the game, the card had been obtained. Trophies are not available.

Edited by Raincy_Xi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can't get it from PS5-PS4 either.  There's someone with who has the PS5 platinum, but is missing the trophy on the PS4 version.  I was able to get gemologist on both versions without buying a Dark Matter.  I have the Dynamic Ratings KAT card, which is an amethyst by default.  Thanks to KAT going nuts the other day, his stats made him a dark matter.  

The same BS happened to me last year with the Weekend Warrior trophy.  It's one thing if I'm not skilled enough.  It's frustrating to not get a trophy because of a glitch.

Edited by grimydawg___

On 20/2/2022 at 2:00 PM, Andrea9281 said:

If anyone else is submitting tickets for this, please let me know if you get a more charitable response. I got the following garbage:

dTWou9k.png

I would encourage everyone to respectfully raise awareness about this on Twitter, Reddit, and in the 2k support chat. But needless to say it is looking pretty fucking bad. This will be my last 2k game. As much as it has become my favourite series by far over the past few years, this kind of design is simply unacceptable.

Wow!! ? this is part of the reason why i stopped quite some years back. I thought rockstar support was rubbish, I had 3 tickets with 2k and none of them even looked at / resolved or responded to post their initial canned text response. 

This is a new low kind of response, though surprised they didn’t ask you to start a new character or delete / reinstall the game at a bare minimum. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good news 2K has fixed the unicorn ball trophy for current gen

If you got the trophy first on current and 

https://nba.2k.com/patch-updates

• Addressed an issue preventing the “Somewhere over the…” Trophy/Achievement from being unlocked on PS4 /XB1 when the Unicorn Ball is obtained on PS5/Xbox Series X|S.
Edited by YinNYK
  • Like 1