NG+ Death March From a DLC Save File

Flynnerigan

31 minutes ago, Flynnerigan said:

I'm not sure if this is a well-known exploit, if you will, but I said I'd share this anyway.

For those that don't want to grind through the early levels of Death March, there appears to be an exploit that will save you time and effort. From the main menu, you have the option to start a New Game, selecting either of the two DLCs. This will throw you into the game at a specific level, giving you the option to spend your skill points how you please. After I finished the DLC, I cheekily selected NG+ and my DLC save file to see if it'd work and to my surprise, it does work. I started a Death March NG+ at level 49. It seems the DLC save file recognises your game as complete and allows you to start from where you left off. Furthermore, you can complete the DLC on a low difficulty and then proceed with NG+ on Death March if you so please.

It's not well known, I've mentioned it here and there a few times, but not many have seen it.

One of the DLCs gives you better stats and gear, but the quick way is to start the one that gives better stats (think B&W?), straight away make a save, then quit and you will be able to go straight into NG+ Death March with the save.

You don't need to play the DLC for more than a few seconds, just make a manual save on it!!!

• Like 4

So Witcher 3 actually gets harder based on level. The higher your level the harder it gets. This even applies to easy difficulty. Death March fresh is easier than Death March NG+. Fresh might be harder for those first few levels when you have nothing but everything else is going to be much easier... not that it’s a hard game anyways but ya know, path of least resistance and all that lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

So Witcher 3 actually gets harder based on level. The higher your level the harder it gets. This even applies to easy difficulty. Death March fresh is easier

than Death March NG+. Fresh might be harder for those first few levels when you have nothing but everything else is going to be much easier... not that it’s a hard game anyways but ya know, path of least resistance and all that lol.

It doesn't work like that in this instance

With genuine NG+, you would start Death March fresh with it kinda hard, then it would get easier, but then go back to kinda hard again once you start NG+, so yea, of course makes NG+ look harder.

Except here we are not doing this, here we either start fresh on NG or fresh on NG+, so BOTH will be difficult to begin with as per standard. So whether you start fresh on NG or fresh on NG+, its still going to be hard to begin with, but then it will get easier in both scenarios as you progress.

It's different here to your usual NG > NG+ because you are completely jumping straight into either FRESH!!

So because either route will be difficult to begin, you gotta ask yourself if you don't mind doing it of course;

----- Do you A ---- Start with the game hard with NOTHING.

----- Or do you B ---- Start the game hard at level 34.9, have 20k, have 50 or so skill points, have tonnes of equipment, tonnes of ingredients, tonnes of potions, tonnes of mutagen, have legendary blueprints appear, PLUS MORE.

In normal circumstances, if doing NG > NG+, yes NG+ would seem like the more difficult choice because you are doing hard NG, getting easier and then jumping to back to early hard in NG+.

This isn't a normal circumstance, you are doing a fresh NG+, so even if NG+ seems harder, its not because no matter what, the game will begin hard, only you either start with OP gear or ZERO gear.

Path of least resistance in my opinion because forget about the difficulty for a moment which doesn't factor anyway because off points above, it's path of least resistance because all the bonkers stuff you start with, removes HOURS from the game grinding and you literally can get all the best skills straight away!!!

If you give it a go mate you will see, it's pretty crazy starting the game in this way xD

Not for every1 though of course!!

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I see what you're saying. But the way enemy scaling works on NG+ is weird. A wolf that takes 3 hits to kill on NG takes 6 hits on NG+. And yeah, that might not seem like much but when we're talking about Imlerith taking three times as many hits for no real reason since you're jacked by then anyways, it starts to be a little more clear.

Sign builds become nigh unusable post level 85 because of the crappy scaling. I absolutely love the game but balancing numbers wasn't exactly their strong suit lol.

Edited by KingGuy420