Couple questions…

Zeep_Xanflorp92

On the map, there’s golden flame looking icons. Can someone tell me what exactly these represent? They come off of the fast travel points.

EDIT: I realized that I think it’s a loose way for the game to point you in the general direction you need to go. Little golden flame looking icons create almost like a connect the dots between camps leading you to the main bosses. 

Now for some other things:

1. statue that you light a flame on the creatures hand and it says “guide and gatekeeper for those returning to the roots”. Is it just pinpointing an items location? Blue beam comes off from the newly lit flame to a direction. 

2. Summoning Pool. Little stone statues that kinda look like Jesus on a cross, but it’s a hooded figure. I activate these and it’s something about “summoning pool is now functional”. Does it have to do with summoning signs for coop? Enables coop for that region?

3. Summoning Ashes. What dictates when I can summon? There’s times where it’s greyed out, even if I’m in combat and have full mana. 

Cheers

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

10 hours ago, Profeelgood said:

For the summoning ashes, I've noticed only certain areas will allow it. And there's a purple gate symbol to the left of the screen that will indicate when. As per where? Typically in the outer map sometimes and boss fights. 

thats what I’ve gathered as well. Summoning doesn’t seem to work in dungeons; which sucks. That was my main confusion. I can summon, I walk 5 feet then can’t. It’s weirdly inconsistent.

I’ve noticed when that icon pops up on the left side of the screen (doorway icon) is when you can. 

I looked at the “adventure guide” that came with the game and it wasn’t very helpful. 

Using “Small golden effigy” seems to be the way to send your coop sign to those summoning pools. Hope people catch on, I’d like some coop help with some of these area bosses. Being able to play with 3 others seems like a missed opportunity if we all play solo/duo like it’s a regular Souls game

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

1. Yes the statues guide you toward a cave/catacomb entrance.

2. When you activate a summoning pool you’ll start seeing summoning signs around it that players specifically sent to summoning pools (The main difference is the normal summon signs are from players that set them at that exact location wherein the summoning pool is for the whole game).

3. You can only summon spirit ashes when you’re near a rebirth monument (There will be a blue icon on your HUD above your skill that indicates if you’re nearby one)

3 hours ago, Mixtract said:

1. Yes the statues guide you toward a cave/catacomb entrance.

2. When you activate a summoning pool you’ll start seeing summoning signs around it that players specifically sent to summoning pools (The main difference is the normal summon signs are from players that set them at that exact location wherein the summoning pool is for the whole game).

3. You can only summon spirit ashes when you’re near a rebirth monument (There will be a blue icon on your HUD above your skill that indicates if you’re nearby one)

Appreciate it!

In regards to Spirit Ashes, make sure to progress the questline of the girl that gives you the Jellyfish.

Theres an item in a drop-down zone not far from where you kill the games first enemy in Stormveil Castle, it’s like a dining room. Once you have the item from the drop-down zone take it back to her and exhaust her dialogue, she’ll then move to Roundtable Hold.

Exhaust all her dialogue, then Speak to the Smith, exhaust his dialogue, return to the girl and exhaust her dialogue once more. Then re-zone and she’ll have set up shop and can upgrade your Spirit Ashes.

• Like 1