PS Move or PS Camera?

GizMo_The_Great

Just checking the general consensus over which works better. I'm using Move at the moment since I haven't got a camera yet. (holing out till more compatible titles are released).

When I used to play similar games on kinect I found them fun but it didn't really pick up the movements very well.

Obviously Just Dance became popular on the Wii so I'm assuming its originally designed to work best with a motion controller but I have no means of comparison myself.  

I think I read were the tracking is better with the camera, but it still not as good as the xbox one version.

My kids have been playing Just Dance on the xbox one for sometime and said it works a lot better than the 360 version with the tracking.

Edited by d3m0nd00d

• 5 months later...

i did some search and the answer was " it works better with the camera alone, the move controller is just optional use it only if you wants a Wii-like experience "

even though some people did say they have problems syncing the camera with the game blaming Ubisoft on that.

Thanks :) Just asked because I don't want to play with a move controller XP

• 8 years later...

I know this is an old thread but for the 3 people in the future who consider picking up this game. No the camera is not better on PlayStation.

In terms of tracking that is forgiving it goes:

Phone > Move > camera.

And phone isn't an option in this game.

To get the camera to work you need a really specific setup. In most cases the couch will get in the way. A problem unique to this game is that if you move around you may get moved to a different coach as it thinks you are a new player. So you loose the progress gained on the other coach.

If you want to dance freely without a controller in hand sorry to say it but maybe it's time to switch to team green.

But really the ps move isn't that bad usually. Ok I lied. The tracking in JD 14 while definitely better than older games on PS3 is still crap compared to moder JD games (18-22).

Have fun. While it may now be an unobtainable platinum. JD14 has some really unique features and maps exclusive to this game. That is worth checking out. Especially if your a long time JD fan.