Save transfer PS5 to PS4?

N1ELS96-

Heyo Peeps,

Im working towards the PS4 Platinum (Im probably not alone ^^) on PS5, but obviously the PS5 version is 100x better then PS4 30 FPS Crap, ive seen that most AUTO-POP so thats not the problem.

But im hoping after you got the Platinum on the PS5 Version, you can go back on the PS4 version and auto pop all trophy on there. I dont want to go back on PS4 version to get all the trophys again after playing the PS5 version, so hopefully you can save transfer. ?

• Like 2

Doubt. I'm going to discuss this issue as a Master of CS. Read the last line if bored.

I don't think SP saves are transferable back whatsoever. The PS5 doesn't allow you to use a USB stick at all and cloud will probably not go from PS5 to PS4. I assume there is differences in the save file structure that requires saves to be imported using a save translator. This save translator is most likely only developed to go from PS4 to PS5 since PS5 most likely introduces more variables and such that the PS4 won't support.

MP most likely won't work, but there is hope for it. It wasn't possible on PS3 -> PS4, but if they have changed the system to allow it to work, then maybe. Low chances of that happening i assume since there is most likely database differences and such an import/export would allow multiple database entries that has to be maintained.

What I am trying to say is that there isn't any official Sony support for it. Your only hope is if Rockstar prioritized this thing and spent their precious time on developing such changes.

Edited by anton1453
  • Like 2

Story mode and online transferring only works one way. PS4 to PS5 for both story mode and online characters. 
Keep in mind that once you transfer your Online character to the PS5 version it will be gone on the PS4. 
My advice is to 100% the online portion first on PS4 and then transfer to the PS5 version. Story Mode is different since you can do everything once again if you don’t mind, or transfer a 100% save. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, n1c0live said:

Story mode and online transferring only works one way. PS4 to PS5 for both story mode and online characters. 
Keep in mind that once you transfer your Online character to the PS5 version it will be gone on the PS4. 
My advice is to 100% the online portion first on PS4 and then transfer to the PS5 version. Story Mode is different since you can do everything once again if you don’t mind, or transfer a 100% save. 

I want to transfer online but I want to do sp all over again so you think that’s possible