Is the Initiation DLC included in the season pass or not?

Ivotas

Hey guys, I've been avoiding dodging this game for two many years because of the online requirements but in the end, I do feel like giving it a go after all. However, I'm not really sure what to purchase at the PS Store. I would like to try to get 100% trophies meaning, I need to get the "Cold, Cold Heart" and the "Initiation" DLC. But from what I can see on the German store it doesn't look like the Season Pass get's me the Initiation Pack. So just to make sure to not waste any money I'd like to ask if anybody could tell me what would make more sense. Purchase the two DLC individually or can I actually get them with the season pass. Thanks in advance.^^

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You can unlock the Initiation DLC trophies without owning the DLC with a glitch here: 

Don't buy the DLC, just use the glitch. 

I heard about the glitch. I might use it anyways. But that begs the question, is the DLC not worth it at all? From what I understand there's also a bit of a story mode, right? No matter how short it is, when I play a game I want to get all the story it has.

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You might need another german player to chime in, the german store description for the season pass omits the description for initiation compared to the UK or US store which explicit state that it is included

That's what I was hoping for. It took me quite a while to actually even understand that "Die Anfänge" is the "Initiation" DLC. The German store specifically points out that you don't need to buy Cold, Cold Heart stand alone if you have the Season Pass so that you don't pay twice. Under normal circumstances this would mean that, if it doesn't say anything like that for the Initiation pack, then it's not part of the Season Pass. But I already had experience with incorrect store discriptions about season passes on the German store before, so I'm more cautious about it now. I hope I'll someone who's had experience with it will be able to provide some info.

Anways, thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

Just now, Ivotas said:

I heard about the glitch. I might use it anyways. But that begs the question, is the DLC not worth it at all? From what I understand there's also a bit of a story mode, right? No matter how short it is, when I play a game I want to get all the story it has.

That's what I was hoping for. It took me quite a while to actually even understand that "Die Anfänge" is the "Initiation" DLC. The German store specifically points out that you don't need to buy Cold, Cold Heart stand alone if you have the Season Pass so that you don't pay twice. Under normal circumstances this would mean that, if it doesn't say anything like that for the Initiation pack, then it's not part of the Season Pass. But I already had experience with incorrect store discriptions about season passes on the German store before, so I'm more cautious about it now. I hope I'll someone who's had experience with it will be able to provide some info.

The only story based DLC is Cold, Cold Heart, Initiation is just re-doing all the ranked and campaign challenges again with a Bruce Wayne skin basically, it's pretty pointless and if you could get those medals in the base game you've already proven yourself enough and can just use the Initiation glitch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

according to the wiki, it's a story about bruce learning to fight before he became batman

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The only story based DLC is Cold, Cold Heart, Initiation is just re-doing all the ranked and campaign challenges again with a Bruce Wayne skin basically, it's pretty pointless and if you could get those medals in the base game you've already proven yourself enough and can just use the Initiation glitch. 

53 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

according to the wiki, it's a story about bruce learning to fight before he became batman

I also heard that's it's a story about Bruce learning to fight, which I actually kinda find intreguing. But do I understand it correctly that this happens completely just via the means of challenges? That would really suck. I was hoping for at least a little bit a story component. Again, thanks for the feedback guys.

13 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

I also heard that's it's a story about Bruce learning to fight, which I actually kinda find intreguing. But do I understand it correctly that this happens completely just via the means of challenges? That would really suck. I was hoping for at least a little bit a story component. Again, thanks for the feedback guys.

It's challenges that are themed around that, but they have hardly any story compared to the kind of story you'll get in Cold, Cold Heart or the base game. Honestly not worth the money when it's 90% repetitive challenges. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It's challenges that are themed around that, but they have hardly any story compared to the kind of story you'll get in Cold, Cold Heart or the base game. Honestly not worth the money when it's 90% repetitive challenges. 

100% agree.  It's been a long time since I played that DLC, but I remember it being very disappointing compared to the expectation I had based off of the description. Cold, Cold Heart was cool though.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sergen said:

20 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

100% agree.  It's been a long time since I played that DLC, but I remember it being very disappointing compared to the expectation I had based off of the description. Cold, Cold Heart was cool though.

Thanks for the info. Checked Youtube now after that explenation and you guys are absolutely right. I'd rather watch the entire "Rite of Passage" video for those little tidbits than buying the DLC. I guess it's just Cold, Cold Heart then with no Season Pass. That certainly saves me some money. Much appreciated feedback guys.^^

• Like 2