Any tips for this game why is it tricky?

Can someone send tips are there any better things to do for each lvl once your lvl 50?? Heard once you hit Dahl Headlands it's best to start skipping side missions any place good to grind or lvl up? Looking for someone to give advice??  Hope to learn the ins and outs

Edited by Stevieboy

Don't skip any missions, else you will be hideously underlevelled for the end game DLC stuff, namely Crawmerax and the Underdome (though for your sanity, you will want to use the splitscreen exploit for the Underdome trophies). Once you have the Hyperion Gift Shop unlocked in the Claptrap DLC, farm it for Legendaries and sell the junk for cash. BL1 is very rough round the edges when compared to the sequels, plus the PS4 version has a ton of technical problems caused by the botched remaster that aren't in the PS3 version.

8 hours ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Ok thx i just get a bit tired finishing the stuff its trickier to 100% then tales

Compared to the sequels, BL1 is a joke to Plat and even the DLC trophies aren't that bad once the Underdome is out the way and you keep certain trophies in mind whilst playing :).

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Can someone send tips are there any better things to do for each lvl once your lvl 50?? Heard once you hit Dahl Headlands it's best to start skipping side missions any place good to grind or lvl up? Looking for someone to maybe 100% or give advice you can also message my psn whenever give me more help.1f44f-1f3fb.png  Hope to learn the ins and outs

The melee Guardian enemies can be farmed easily for experience. This is what they look like:

Spoiler

QAqUjTN.png

You can farm them on playthrough 1 to easily get to level 40+ and in playthrough 2, doing runs of the Eridian Promontory and only defeating this specific enemy can also level any weapon proficiency from 0 to max in about an hour or two in playthrough 2. It's important to only target the melee enemies though. While it is boring, in my true 100% run of the game where I leveled all weapon proficiency and did all challenges & missions, these guys were the best exp source. Once you can get here on playthrough 2, you can also just farm these guys until you're at the cap level in the game fairly easily. The best weapon to use in such a farm is the Orion.

A fun fact about them also, the challenge pertaining to Guardians is bugged and only the melee Guardians count for the challenge (both normal and badass versions).

Vendor XP Glitch

When in doubt just use the vending XP glitch, granted this will take away from your experience if it's your first time playing. But if you come up short it's still useful. I personally didn't have to farm for any legendaries to clear content, there are a number of skeleton keys (I had 20) that are still redeemable with a Shift account. Get to level 61, upload your save to the cloud / USB, roll 20 keys for free 61 gear. If you don't get anything you like, revert your save and try again.

Edited by Skurkitty
Fixed video link.

18 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

When in doubt just use the vending XP glitch, granted this will take away from your experience if it's your first time playing. But if you come up short it's still useful. I personally didn't have to farm for any legendaries to clear content, there are a number of skeleton keys (I had 20) that are still redeemable with a Shift account. Get to level 61, upload your save to the cloud / USB, roll 20 keys for free 61 gear. If you don't get anything you like, revert your save and try again.

Vendor XP Glitch

Wrong link, that one goes to a music video. EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Wrong link, that one goes to a music video.

Fixed it, must have fat fingered the wrong link from my YouTube history. ? You can snip the incorrect link from your quote if you want to avoid confusion. Thanks for letting me know!

Edited by Skurkitty