Neverending story events

Maitre

On 09/05/2022 at 7:28 PM, Maitre said:

So far i got all those events too before .. which ones are we missing ?

We're only missing Message in a Bottle (which I'm presuming you've already had as it's pretty common?). 

That and Aurora 'Unlock', which is essentially the first time you unlock Aurora by getting her teapot ... 

If you've had Message in a Bottle, plus all the others, then it's possibly bugged. I still haven't had Rain of Fish. And I've got 500 gems cleared... :(

Edit: Oh, I did hear that on X-Box, three achievements were bugged (Queen Magda, Ogre Dance and Blood Song). Those three weren't counting towards the achievement on X-Box. They were fixed in the latest patch (April 14th), but players had to collect those three narratives again. 

If the same problem was happening on PlayStation, you might need to get those three narratives again – if you haven't done so since the patch, that is. If you've seen them all recently, it's probably bugged.

EDIT: I've added Message in a bottle. The thread now has all narrative events apart from Aurora's Unlock. 

Edited by Finch_III
Further info

19 hours ago, Maitre said:

Well that s#cks, i hate the feeling the i might be wasting my time 

Might be magda

Yeah, it's pretty brutal. I mean, it's bad enough that I've not had Rain of Fish in over 200 hours of play. The drop rate on the event is clearly bugged. It's not even a good event! I hope they fix it. 

But it would be worse if the trophy is still bugged after that. If it helps, I've always got Queen Magda in Act III I believe. 

EDIT: Looks like they patched in an update yesterday. I can't find any notes on the changes they made – I played for a few hours, but didn't notice anything. Hopefully, Rain of Fish has been sorted out. It would be nice to be the first person to get the platinum! 

Edited by Finch_III

16 minutes ago, Maitre said:

Ill try getting the fishes and blood song again

If you do get Rain of Fishes again, could you photo it? I’d be interested to know what Act, what pairing you had, plus maybe health etc. I’m wondering if there’s a specific trigger that I’m missing. 

I know one of the options in the event is gaining health. So wonder if it only shows up if you’re low on health. Or something like that. 

5 hours ago, Finch_III said:

If you do get Rain of Fishes again, could you photo it? I’d be interested to know what Act, what pairing you had, plus maybe health etc. I’m wondering if there’s a specific trigger that I’m missing. 

I know one of the options in the event is gaining health. So wonder if it only shows up if you’re low on health. Or something like that. 

Already wrote it on the one i posted ... act 1 sorrocco with aurora

1 hour ago, Maitre said:

Already wrote it on the one i posted ... act 1 sorrocco with aurora

Yeah, I saw that. Could you do the same if you get it a second time? I'm wondering if it's bugged in a certain way (i.e, it's more common with certain pairings or conditions etc). 

23 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Yeah, I saw that. Could you do the same if you get it a second time? I'm wondering if it's bugged in a certain way (i.e, it's more common with certain pairings or conditions etc). 

Okie doo

• Like 1

I can confirm that "Neverending story" NOT are bugged anymore, If it have ever been :) it popped for me today.

The one i was missing was apparently "Kobold Merchant" as it popped when i found that.

Now i just need to finish all the farming ones ??

Edited by MissekatME
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MissekatME said:

I can confirm that "Neverending story" NOT are bugged anymore, If it have ever been :) it popped for me today.

The one i was missing was apparently "Kobold Merchant" as it popped when i found that.

Now i just need to finish all the farming ones ??

Ah, thanks for letting us know. 

Pretty sure it's bugged for me and Maitre. I got Rain of Fish today, and it didn't pop. I suspect that people who've been playing it since launch (I.e on the original unpatched versions) maybe are locked out of it. I'm going to maybe check them off my list one more time maybe, but after that, I'm not really sure what I can do. 

I could possibly delete all my data and start again. It took me 50+ hours of farming to get Rain of Fish once though hahaha. I'm not sure I have the energy for that again! 

30 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Ah, thanks for letting us know. 

Pretty sure it's bugged for me and Maitre. I got Rain of Fish today, and it didn't pop. I suspect that people who've been playing it since launch (I.e on the original unpatched versions) maybe are locked out of it. I'm going to maybe check them off my list one more time maybe, but after that, I'm not really sure what I can do. 

I could possibly delete all my data and start again. It took me 50+ hours of farming to get Rain of Fish once though hahaha. I'm not sure I have the energy for that again! 

I don't even remember getting Rain of Fish. It must have been before I found this thread and started taking notice about which events i had seen. 

I have been playing since 02 May, not sure if that's pre or post patch ?

5 minutes ago, MissekatME said:

I don't even remember getting Rain of Fish. It must have been before I found this thread and started taking notice about which events i had seen. 

I have been playing since 02 May, not sure if that's pre or post patch ?

That's before the latest patch, but after the first one. Ah well. 

I could delete all my save data haha. Not sure I'm ready to start the game from scratch though ...

On 15.5.2022 at 9:43 PM, Finch_III said:

That's before the latest patch, but after the first one. Ah well. 

I could delete all my save data haha. Not sure I'm ready to start the game from scratch though ...

Haha, i would hate to lose my save too

Any tips for the gem trophy?

Atm. I got 131 skytowers, 78 treasures and 274 gems to go. So I will be farming gems long after finishing the other 2 ?

On 21/05/2022 at 1:48 PM, MissekatME said:

Haha, i would hate to lose my save too

Any tips for the gem trophy?

Atm. I got 131 skytowers, 78 treasures and 274 gems to go. So I will be farming gems long after finishing the other 2 1f61e.png

Yeah, unfortunately there isn’t much you can do about the gems other than grind them out. 

There is a treasure that means the ‘runes of sight’ always pick gem stones. If that’s in the shop or on the map, make sure to go for that. 

An event or two also highlight gems on the map. 

But as far as I know, there isn’t a way to cheese it. It really is a grind haha. 

Edited by Finch_III

Oh, also, just to confirm.

I wiped my data and started again. Collected all of the 40 narratives again, but no trophy pop. Wrote them all down and ticked them off as I went along, but nothing. 

Pretty sure that trophy is just broken for people who got the game at launch. 

On 22.5.2022 at 5:01 PM, Finch_III said:

Oh, also, just to confirm.

I wiped my data and started again. Collected all of the 40 narratives again, but no trophy pop. Wrote them all down and ticked them off as I went along, but nothing. 

Pretty sure that trophy is just broken for people who got the game at launch. 

Oh, so sorry to hear that ? so much time wasted for you. Hope you atleast had some fun ?

2 hours ago, Maitre said:

Maybe its an event choice that prevents it from registering ... like maybe you to trade a card for the ogredance to register o_0

Possibly. I’ve gone for most of the choices I think. Meh, I think I’ll wait for DLC or something and give it another go. 

Infuriating it’ll be on 98% until then, but I don’t have the energy to keep playing it over and over in the hopes something triggers it hah. 

8 hours ago, Maitre said:

Lets hope they add event tracking to the ps5 trophy set ... no likely.

Or add events/card tracking to the compendium.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the developer's Discord. 

The whole point of trophy tracking on PS5 was for stuff like this, so it's a bit annoying that it doesn't have it. Particularly as the X-Box version tracks the events for this trophy, so people knew which ones weren't tracking properly. 

A shame, as I was hoping to be the first person to get the platinum, but I suspect people who started playing after the most recent patches will be the first people to get the plats. I'll settle for just being able to get it at all haha. 

8 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Yeah, I mentioned that in the developer's Discord. 

The whole point of trophy tracking on PS5 was for stuff like this, so it's a bit annoying that it doesn't have it. Particularly as the X-Box version tracks the events for this trophy, so people knew which ones weren't tracking properly. 

A shame, as I was hoping to be the first person to get the platinum, but I suspect people who started playing after the most recent patches will be the first people to get the plats. I'll settle for just being able to get it at all haha. 

Seems like I'm first :) but you can still be first on this site. I'm not included in leaderboards so good luck! :)TEYCzXf.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Ah, congrats! It's a long slog for those gem mines! 

It felt like it took forever ? but it helped to keep starting over if I didn't get the compass on the map, the store or the free starting artifact. That helped a lot. It also helped to know that there only are 2 gem stones per chapter always.

Thank you! :)