Neverending story events

Maitre

See all this talk about gems… you can cheese them pretty easily. Find one mine, open it and look at the two options. Pause, exit to main menu, continue… re open mine… repeat.

I got my gem trophy AGES ago but still 150 towers and treasures to get ?

and I see never ending story being the one that makes me throw in the towel.

On 11/06/2022 at 4:27 AM, missmisstreater said:

See all this talk about gems… you can cheese them pretty easily. Find one mine, open it and look at the two options. Pause, exit to main menu, continue… re open mine… repeat.

I got my gem trophy AGES ago but still 150 towers and treasures to get ?

and I see never ending story being the one that makes me throw in the towel.

Ah, sneaky. That certainly helps cut down on the grind if it doesn't get patched out! 

I believe a similar thing with narratives was patched out – I would open a narrative, see what it was, then quit out. You could then sometimes 'change' the narrative by fighting enemies, lowering your health etc etc. To get more favourable ones. But I tried it a few times recently and it wiped all my progress! So I'm wondering whether they patched it out (rather brutally, I might add). 

7 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Ah, sneaky. That certainly helps cut down on the grind if it doesn't get patched out! 

I believe a similar thing with narratives was patched out – I would open a narrative, see what it was, then quit out. You could then sometimes 'change' the narrative by fighting enemies, lowering your health etc etc. To get more favourable ones. But I tried it a few times recently and it wiped all my progress! So I'm wondering whether they patched it out (rather brutally, I might add). 

It’s not patched out, but the conditions for it seem to be hard to work out. I had one change between loads last night and figured if I revealed it with a big ink pot (pre save) that’s what did it… but that didn’t seem to be it.

there’s certainly a way to spin the wheel again, I’ve just not worked it out!

13 hours ago, missmisstreater said:

Finally got Rain of Fish… still no trophy… ?

Yeah, this happened to me. That said, I did get Rain of Fish using my 'quit to menu' tactic when opening narratives. So I wonder if it maybe didn't count it. 

Either way, I've played the game for like 250 hours, so I needed a break haha. I'll probably return to it when DLC comes out. And then I'll hopefully get Neverending Story then too. But it's soul-destroying just playing on the lowest level over and over again without knowing whether or not the trophy is completely bugged for me :D 

37 minutes ago, missmisstreater said:

Finally got Rain of Fish… still no trophy… ?

99.9% sure I have them all now. Must be a bug for me too 1f64c-1f3fb.png

When did you first start playing? A few people I've spoken to who started playing before the first couple of patches seem to be experiencing a bug with Neverending Story. 

• 1 month later...

After nearly 120 hours of playtime and getting all except this trophy I can state 99,9% sure that Neverending Story trophy is bugged and unobtainable at this current moment of writing.

There are two events that doesnt register/track/count whatever you wanna call it: Ogre Dance (Sorocco's event) and Bloodsong (Seifer's event). 

First of all, like many of you I started writing down with pen and paper which events I was getting, once I got my 40th event the trophy didnt pop; "ok" I said, " let's try another thing ".

So I decided to keep track of how many many events I was getting per chapter (also which ones) and once I finish my run check if my list matched with the Score stats page.

For example: 2 / 3 /3 

After many hours and runs I saw that every time I was getting Ogre Dance or Bloodsong the Score stats page reflected 1 less event. So, for example, If I was getting in act 3 Ogre Dance, Bloodsong and Gates of Pandora, in the Score stats page only counted 1 event.

I decided to wipe out all my save and data and start all over, only to get the same results.

I even tried all possible combinations of heroes to get this events ( Sorocco + Sharra, Sorocco + Seifer, Sorocco + Fugoro, etc)

I also tried choosing all the different options the Events have to offer.

None of this worked.

So, how is possible that some guys managed to get this trophy? I've a theory that theses events back in time werent bugged, but others like Rain of Fishes were, after one patch they solved that event but broke those two, so some guys who already got them managed to get the trophy. As I'm  saying this is the only explanation I can think of, especially considering no one who has started playing for the first time after last version/patch has managed to get the trophy.

Well, I hope this wall of text ( srry for its lenght and bad grammar, english is not my native language ) helps someone.

• Like 3

@Metapower

Thank you for taking the time to write this. Great detective skills.

I don’t know how involved they are in those issues. Or if reaching out to fix this trophy will help. I really hope they do…

Edit: big thank you to @missmisstreater  and @Finch_III too. You basically made a guide to this trophy and without this thread I’d be completely lost. 

Edited by WhisperingDusk

11 hours ago, WhisperingDusk said:

@Metapower

Thank you for taking the time to write this. Great detective skills.

I don’t know how involved they are in those issues. Or if reaching out to fix this trophy will help. I really hope they do…

Edit: big thank you to @missmisstreater  and @Finch_III too. You basically made a guide to this trophy and without this thread I’d be completely lost. 

No problem dude. I never did get the platinum because mine seems glitched, but hopefully it helps anyone else trying to get the Neverending Story trophy.. 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 10:19 AM, Metapower said:

After nearly 120 hours of playtime and getting all except this trophy I can state 99,9% sure that Neverending Story trophy is bugged and unobtainable at this current moment of writing.

There are two events that doesnt register/track/count whatever you wanna call it: Ogre Dance (Sorocco's event) and Bloodsong (Seifer's event). 

First of all, like many of you I started writing down with pen and paper which events I was getting, once I got my 40th event the trophy didnt pop; "ok" I said, " let's try another thing ".

So I decided to keep track of how many many events I was getting per chapter (also which ones) and once I finish my run check if my list matched with the Score stats page.

For example: 2 / 3 /3 

After many hours and runs I saw that every time I was getting Ogre Dance or Bloodsong the Score stats page reflected 1 less event. So, for example, If I was getting in act 3 Ogre Dance, Bloodsong and Gates of Pandora, in the Score stats page only counted 1 event.

I decided to wipe out all my save and data and start all over, only to get the same results.

I even tried all possible combinations of heroes to get this events ( Sorocco + Sharra, Sorocco + Seifer, Sorocco + Fugoro, etc)

I also tried choosing all the different options the Events have to offer.

None of this worked.

So, how is possible that some guys managed to get this trophy? I've a theory that theses events back in time werent bugged, but others like Rain of Fishes were, after one patch they solved that event but broke those two, so some guys who already got them managed to get the trophy. As I'm  saying this is the only explanation I can think of, especially considering no one who has started playing for the first time after last version/patch has managed to get the trophy.

Well, I hope this wall of text ( srry for its lenght and bad grammar, english is not my native language ) helps someone.

This is possibly true. I was participating in a thread on Steam about Neverending Story, and (apparently) the X-Box version of the achievement was also bugged. And it was Bloodsong, Ogre's Dance and Queen Magda that were broken on that version. Weirdly, it sounds like they've updated the PS version with the same bugs as a previous X-box version. They were not being counted as completed on the X-Box version, where apparently there is a counter to track your progress. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Rain of Fish on PS5. Obviously an Aurora+X team. Got Aurora under 20/30 HP by using Greed is Good (Wealth+3) Epilogue modifier, and was lucky enough to get RoF after 5 drop runs on Chapter 1. 

The only event I doubt having had now is Forbidden Library, all others I remember. For what I can see, you need Seifer on your team and be on Chapter 2/3 to get the event, with Seifer not being full HP. Is this correct or can Forbidden Library be encountred on all chapters with either character?

Edited by KapperHelmut

On 25/8/2022 at 5:10 PM, KapperHelmut said:

Just got Rain of Fish on PS5. Obviously an Aurora+X team. Got Aurora under 20/30 HP by using Greed is Good (Wealth+3) Epilogue modifier, and was lucky enough to get RoF after 5 drop runs on Chapter 1. 

The only event I doubt having had now is Forbidden Library, all others I remember. For what I can see, you need Seifer on your team and be on Chapter 2/3 to get the event, with Seifer not being full HP. Is this correct or can Forbidden Library be encountred on all chapters with either character?

Regarding Forbidden Library event, I dont think it's one of the rare ones, I got it more than a dozen of times, so big chances you already have found it but dont remember. If I remember correctly I got it always on chapter 3 and with all characters.

I just saw that another guy managed to get the platinum of this game, I checked his profile and saw he started playing just after the game's release; that confirms my theory that the people who got those events prior latest patch were/are able to get the trophy while anyone who started playing afterwards are unable to.

On 29-8-2022 at 10:56 AM, Metapower said:

Regarding Forbidden Library event, I dont think it's one of the rare ones, I got it more than a dozen of times, so big chances you already have found it but dont remember. If I remember correctly I got it always on chapter 3 and with all characters.

I just saw that another guy managed to get the platinum of this game, I checked his profile and saw he started playing just after the game's release; that confirms my theory that the people who got those events prior latest patch were/are able to get the trophy while anyone who started playing afterwards are unable to.

You're right, I just got Forbidden Library. 

Geuss I'll just do a quick run every day until the trophy gets fixed, if ever, I still need 300+ towers of sight so I'm good, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/08/2022 at 9:56 AM, Metapower said:

I'm hoping more DLC comes out at some point. Having already put in 250+ hours into this game, I don't think I have the energy to keep playing on the off-chance that the Neverending Story trophy is fixed haha. At least with DLC, I can be working towards other trophies and new content. 

Until then, I'll forever be stuck on 97% haha. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 9:56 AM, Metapower said:

Oh, and just to clarify, I don't think this is quite right regarding who has been able to get the platinum. 

My current theory (which seems to be correct based on who got the platinum and when) is that anyone who bought and played the game at launch was locked out of the trophy due to a glitch. That includes me and quite a few other people in this thread who have been playing since Day 1 (February). Based on some chats I've had on Discord, I think it was the Aurora Unlock event. 

I believe this glitch was resolved in the first major patch (early April, I believe). Then, a second patch was introduced – I think in June/July – that introduced a new glitch for the trophy. So anyone who started playing after that update is also locked out of the trophy.

So my current hypothesis is that it was possible to get the trophy if you started playing after the first patch (April) and completed all the requirements before the second patch went live (June/July). There is one user who got the trophy in August (after the second patch). My guess is that they had managed to collect the events that became glitched after the second patch during that sweet spot in April-July. They probably only needed a few un-glitched events that weren't affected by the second patch. 

Edited by Finch_III

I think Finch_III is right ,i have get the  rain and fish today I cleared this round just to be safe,and i start play this game at AUG,i am sure I get the other 39 events.but can't unlock the Neverending story,and i have the error report and Gems are no longer counted,I was so confused that maybe to give up.

1882cab448ea9d86.jpg

IMG-20221015-145940.jpg

IMG-20221015-150944.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, Finch_III said:

If you do get Rain of Fishes again, could you photo it? I’d be interested to know what Act, what pairing you had, plus maybe health etc. I’m wondering if there’s a specific trigger that I’m missing. 

I know one of the options in the event is gaining health. So wonder if it only shows up if you’re low on health. Or something like that. 

Ok, having now grinded the skytowers / stones, this is the only achievement blocking me from the platinum, so I guess I'm done unless there's a patch. Using the list above, I can confirm that I have seen all the events, but no achievement. As discussed, Queen Magda seems to be a problem - whenever I saw it, my counts were off on the end of run summary. If it's relevant, I only started playing (on PS) in July. 

As for Rain of Fish, I think the low health theory is correct - which explains why it's so rare, as usually you'll have been healed by the teapot at end of combat so whilst wandering around the map won't be in a suitable state to trigger it. I only got it twice:

• First time, I was deliberately testing the theory using greed is good - it triggered in Act 2, with Aurora on 3 HP. I also had magic carpet, which I think was being considered as a requirement, but that is not the case, because...
  • just recently I got it in act 1, with Aurora on 5 HP, during an epilogue 15 run that was not going well :-) Didn't have the carpet, but had revealed the entire map with the training event.

Has anyone managed to get it with HP 6 or higher? It would be particularly interesting to know if 8 is too high, as that means you need to walk a very careful line between getting damage on Aurora, but not having her die. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/10/2022 at 1:11 PM, Wntrmute said:

Ok, having now grinded the skytowers / stones, this is the only achievement blocking me from the platinum, so I guess I'm done unless there's a patch. Using the list above, I can confirm that I have seen all the events, but no achievement. As discussed, Queen Magda seems to be a problem - whenever I saw it, my counts were off on the end of run summary. If it's relevant, I only started playing (on PS) in July. 

As for Rain of Fish, I think the low health theory is correct - which explains why it's so rare, as usually you'll have been healed by the teapot at end of combat so whilst wandering around the map won't be in a suitable state to trigger it. I only got it twice:

• First time, I was deliberately testing the theory using greed is good - it triggered in Act 2, with Aurora on 3 HP. I also had magic carpet, which I think was being considered as a requirement, but that is not the case, because...
  • just recently I got it in act 1, with Aurora on 5 HP, during an epilogue 15 run that was not going well :-) Didn't have the carpet, but had revealed the entire map with the training event.

Has anyone managed to get it with HP 6 or higher? It would be particularly interesting to know if 8 is too high, as that means you need to walk a very careful line between getting damage on Aurora, but not having her die. 

I'm hoping they bring out a new patch at some point in the future. It's kinda annoying having it stuck on 97% forever haha. 

But yeah, I think Rain of Fish seems quite specific to low health on Aurora. Weirdly, I've always had the Magic Carpet when I've got the event too, but that seems to be a coincidence. 

As you mention, the best way to get it to trigger is to have the Greed is Good condition. What I do is uncover all the scrolls I can – clear the map of baddies etc, then collect gold until Aurora is basically on 1-3 health. Then collect all the scrolls and hope for Rain of Fish. 

That way, you should only have the boss left at the end of the map. And you can always use health potions (or Aurora's teapot in-battle) to recover health. Obviously, your partner might be a bit screwed for health if you use the teapot and don't have the bonus where it heals both. 

Edited by Finch_III

• 2 months later...