Neverending story events

Maitre

23 hours ago, SmilingPolitely said:

As far as I can tell, 01.01 was never digitally available on consoles. It's dated earlier than the console release (Jan. 2022), while 01.02 was released at the same time as the console versions released (Feb. 2022). I'm guessing 01.02 was a day-1 update, so anyone who downloaded the digital version started on 01.02.

Regarding your question, no -- the Ogre Dance, Bloodsong, and Queen Magda events never properly gave credit until 01.04.

This is great, thanks. 

It's a shame that the PS5 version can't be fixed (unless they patch it). But nice to know future players can at least get the platinum if they play PS4 version. 

I actually wanted to play this game but held of due to the bugged trophy, but i will try this method out, so i need to download the game and downgrade to version 1.02 and do most of the events and then update to 1.04 and get the last events, right?
can i play the whole game on version 1.02? or there are other trophies bugged on this version and 1.04 solved those problems?

10 hours ago, Axeman_Phoenix said:

I actually wanted to play this game but held of due to the bugged trophy, but i will try this method out, so i need to download the game and downgrade to version 1.02 and do most of the events and then update to 1.04 and get the last events, right?
can i play the whole game on version 1.02? or there are other trophies bugged on this version and 1.04 solved those problems?

Your last guess is correct -- 01.02 and 01.04 have separate trophy-breaking bugs. The trophy requires playing both 01.02 and 01.04. You must not upgrade to 01.04 until you've encountered every narrative event (to be safe). We do not know specifically which events were broken by 01.04.

You will start with verison 01.02. Not all games are like this, but Roguebook doesn't have a base version + patches on top. Instead, you download the entire game at version 01.02 or 01.04, etc.

• Like 2

I would be interested to know what events are bugged in the 1.04 version, because the below post implies that it's Bloodsong, Ogre Dance etc. It was posted in August 2022, so after the final patch. So I'm assuming it refers to version 1.04. But @SmilingPolitely seems to have proven that incorrect? 

I'm also kinda curious as to whether the 1.03 version works on its own (without having to switch between different versions). If anyone is trying version 1.03 alone, let us know the results! :D

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Just wanted to check by to tell that the downgrade solution are working great for PS4 :) I was one of the lucky people to get the plat on PS5 so I'm happy that i now can do the same on PS4.

I didn't test on 1.03, sorry finch ;)

I got the "Neverending story" today so now it's farming of gemstones, treasures and towers 

Edited by MissekatME
  • Like 1