The Elder Scrolls Online "The Arrival" Trailer

Chambers35

This is what pissis me off! Companies make these AMAZING trailers full of CG and it will be NOTHING like the game! The game itself will be your standard MMO (which all r balls anyways) and STILL charge u $15 a month ONTOP of the $50 a year for a PSPlus account! Trailers should show ACTUAL gameplay so we as consumers can actually get an idea of what we REALLY r going to be playing! Also spending THAT much time (MMO r usually HUGE) on 1 game is insane. I try not to spend more than 2 months on any 1 game. I usually move on from a game after a month and will come back to finish off at a later date. What r your thoughts on trailers full of CG that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay of the game? Also, what do U think of MMO's?

• Like 1

An Elder Scrolls MMO sounds awesome but there are too many great games coming out (and in my backlog) to pay $15 a month for a single one. Guild Wars is a free to play MMO and they seem to be doing alright, why can't other developers follow that model?

Parker

• Like 1

An Elder Scrolls MMO sounds awesome but there are too many great games coming out (and in my backlog) to pay $15 a month for a single one. Guild Wars is a free to play MMO and they seem to be doing alright, why can't other developers follow that model?

Parker

Exactly! Guild Wars seems to be the only ones doing it right by offering NO monthy fee! These companies make tens-of-millions in profits from every game! Is it really that hard to ONLY make a few million in profit and show the consumer that u can relate to them?!? Edited by Wojo77

This is what pissis me off! Companies make these AMAZING trailers full of CG and it will be NOTHING like the game! The game itself will be your standard MMO (which all r balls anyways) and STILL charge u $15 a month ONTOP of the $50 a year for a PSPlus account! Trailers should show ACTUAL gameplay so we as consumers can actually get an idea of what we REALLY r going to be playing! Also spending THAT much time (MMO r usually HUGE) on 1 game is insane. I try not to spend more than 2 months on any 1 game. I usually move on from a game after a month and will come back to finish off at a later date. What r your thoughts on trailers full of CG that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay of the game? Also, what do U think of MMO's?

From what I've seen they've only released 1 CGI trailer in two parts and alot more in-game footage specific stuff. You may personally not spend a tonne of time in an MMO or see value in it, but millions and millions of others do :) some people see it as a hobby or a viable alternative to having to spent 60 bucks a month on a game which lasts 8 hours. There is merit in both.

Exactly! Guild Wars seems to be the only ones doing it right by offering NO monthy fee! These companies make tens-of-millions in profits from every game! Is it really that hard to ONLY make a few million in profit and show the consumer that u can relate to them?!?

I think the subscription method in MMOs keeps a number of things running from content development to customer support. You can tell the difference between a F2P and a subscription model. At least, that is how it seems anyway. If for example something like World of Warcraft went free to play, the customer support would be less refined (Blizzard would inevitably make job cuts) and the game content and development would also feel that pinch too. Having subscriptions means alot of things are kept running at optimal capacity (if done properly) - more game content with higher quality and more frequently + knowing that you actually get to talk to a well trained human being when you need help related to the game.

Edited by Captain_Cutscene

• 4 weeks later...