How long does it take to complete every MP trophies? (DLCs too)

1: Since the Hacked XP lobbies have been effectively erased and the solo LAN XP exploit only works with an unpatched vanilla copy of the game, you're looking at 50-60hrs+ to hit max rank and prestige but in that time, you will easily get all the other online trophies done. Due to how hard (if not impossible) many of the trophies are to get legit, I strongly recommend boosting everything from the get-go. The Main game MP trophies have to be done in Public matches but everything else can be done in private lobbies.

2: The MP can be accessed either via the Main Menu without ever starting the story or via the in-game MP menu after completing a mission or two. Do note though that the Undead Nightmare MP trophies have to be done via the Undead Nightmare menu, since there's no way to access them in the main game from what I remember (though please correct me if I'm wrong).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

I wish I was able to give a specific number for you but it’s been awhile since I’ve done them so I can’t remember exactly how long it took.

Most of the multiplayer trophies can actually be unlocked very quickly when you’re ready to do them. In fact the vast majority of them can be done solo or with a partner, and the guides here on PSNP are pretty detailed with methods for each one.

The challenge and time commitment for RDR1 multiplayer mostly comes from the time it will take to recruit other players and organize groups for the trophies that require numerous people (3-8 people). The rest is mainly grinding hideouts for XP. Realistically you can probably expect to spend a couple dozen hours screwing around online, waiting for groups to organize etc. in order to fully complete the multiplayer portion of the game (XP grinding not included).

To answer your other question, yes you can jump right in to multiplayer immediately. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

I wish I was able to give a specific number for you but it’s been awhile since I’ve done them so I can’t remember exactly how long it took.

Most of the multiplayer trophies can actually be unlocked very quickly when you’re ready to do them. In fact the vast majority of them can be done solo or with a partner, and the guides here on PSNP are pretty detailed with methods for each one.

The challenge and time commitment for RDR1 multiplayer mostly comes from the time it will take to recruit other players and organize groups for the trophies that require numerous people (3-8 people). The rest is mainly grinding hideouts for XP. Realistically you can probably expect to spend a couple dozen hours screwing around online, waiting for groups to organize etc. in order to fully complete the multiplayer portion of the game.

To answer your other question, yes you can jump right in to multiplayer immediately. 1f642.png

The Kingpin DLC trophy needs 10 players unfortunately, which makes it a royal PITA to get :(.

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

1: Since the Hacked XP Lobby lobbies have been effectively erased and the solo LAN XP exploit only works with an unpatched vanilla copy of the game, you're looking at 50-60hrs+ to hit max rank and prestige but in that time, you will easily get all the other online trophies done. Due to how hard (if not impossible) many of the trophies are to get legit, I strongly recommend boosting everything from the get-go. The Main game MP trophies have to be done in Public matches but everything else can be done in private lobbies.

The solo LAN method that gives triple XP requires an unpatched vanilla version of the game, but there’s a double XP method that works on all copies of the game AFAIK.

Check Someonew’s comment here:

The game has an XP bug on the LAN mode, it gives twice XP for everything you do, not just hideout completion, common kills, challenges, and wanted chains too.

It doesn't always work selecting LAN normally, I normally sign out PSN, then start the game in the single-player mode and select LAN at Start Menu, that way it always works.

A warning, the game extra XP doesn't appear on the stat table when holding the D-pad down button, but it appears at XP count on the multiplayer tab on the start menu and on the XP bar that appears in the below part of the screen.

This way is extremely simple to set up and I used this method back in June 2021 and it worked perfectly for me. I believe I have the GOTY edition. ?

Edit: Also regarding Kingpin, I think you only need 8 people + yourself. Still a royal pain in the ass to organize though.

Edited by dieselmanchild

How are the RDR1 servers matchmade?  Are they P2P?  I’m surprised they are still up.  I played it back on my X360 since I don’t own a PS3.  I’ve thought about using the new PS+ when that launches to stream RDR1 and complete the series on my profile here.  Not sure how great that is to play - I recall hearing the PS3 version performed poorly compared to the 360 version (very common for multiplats back then).  Is it better on streaming?

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

1: Since the Hacked XP Lobby lobbies have been effectively erased and the solo LAN XP exploit only works with an unpatched vanilla copy of the game, you're looking at 50-60hrs+ to hit max rank and prestige but in that time, you will easily get all the other online trophies done. Due to how hard (if not impossible) many of the trophies are to get legit, I strongly recommend boosting everything from the get-go. The Main game MP trophies have to be done in Public matches but everything else can be done in private lobbies.

2: The MP can be accessed either via the Main Menu without ever starting the story or via the in-game MP menu after completing a mission or two. Do note though that the Undead Nightmare MP trophies have to be done via the Undead Nightmare menu, since there's no way to access them in the main game from what I remember (though please correct me if I'm wrong).

10 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

The solo LAN method that gives triple XP requires an unpatched vanilla version of the game, but there’s a double XP method that works on all copies of the game AFAIK.

Check Someonew’s comment here:

This way is extremely simple to set up and I used this method back in June 2021 and it worked perfectly for me. I believe I have the GOTY edition. 1f642.png

Edit: Also regarding Kingpin, I think you only need 8 people + yourself. Still a royal pain in the ass to organize though.

Thank you all for these really detailed answers! Sadly i didn't know that all the Hacked lobbies have been removed.. i'm afraid i'll have to skip this game as i don't really plan on farming xp for 25-50hrs.

I'm happy that this particular topic is being useful to other people too :)

5 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

How are the RDR1 servers matchmade?  Are they P2P?  I’m surprised they are still up.  I played it back on my X360 since I don’t own a PS3.  I’ve thought about using the new PS+ when that launches to stream RDR1 and complete the series on my profile here.  Not sure how great that is to play - I recall hearing the PS3 version performed poorly compared to the 360 version (very common for multiplats back then).  Is it better on streaming?

It P2P because all the dedicated server stuff was patched out years ago after GameSpy went tits up and took the MP for a lot of games with it. I had a lot of stability, lag/frame-rate and connection issues when going for the Plat/100% a few years ago and that was with a retail copy of the GOTY Edition so heaven only knows how awful it would be via PS Now.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It P2P because all the dedicated server stuff was patched out years ago after GameSpy went tits up and took the MP for a lot of games with it. I had a lot of stability, lag/frame-rate and connection issues when going for the Plat/100% a few years ago and that was with a retail copy of the GOTY Edition so heaven only knows how awful it would be via PS Now.

Yikes.  I’ll wait with baited breath for a current-gen remaster, in that case.

It’s a bummer that the P2P performance is poor, but at least that keeps the game alive.  It’s over a decade old and if it had dedicated servers it would have been shut down ages ago.  Max Payne 3 was shutdown on PS3 recently, though curiously enough the MP is still up on the PC versions. 

10 minutes ago, Lyukaa said:

Thank you all for these really detailed answers! Sadly i didn't know that all the Hacked lobbies have been removed.. i'm afraid i'll have to skip this game as i don't really plan on farming xp for 25-50hrs.

I'm happy that this particular topic is being useful to other people too :)

When I last played back in June, the hacked lobbies still existed, but they were extremely rare. I wasted quite a few hours over that period actively hunting them every day and I only encountered them twice. Both times the hackers in the servers started entertaining themselves by griefing me and keeping me away from the corpses so it wasn’t a viable method at all in the end. Shame too. Cuz it would make the lvl 50 grind completely obsolete!

10 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

When I last played back in June, the hacked lobbies still existed, but they were extremely rare. I wasted quite a few hours over that period actively hunting them every day and I only encountered them twice. Both times the hackers in the servers started entertaining themselves by griefing me and keeping me away from the corpses so it wasn’t a viable method at all in the end. Shame too. Cuz it would make the lvl 50 grind completely obsolete!

Damn that's a shame... if there was a method for not synching your trophies on ps3 i would give it a try as this game looks absolutely amazing

On 2022-04-26 at 9:51 AM, Lyukaa said:

Damn that's a shame... if there was a method for not synching your trophies on ps3 i would give it a try as this game looks absolutely amazing

If you don’t want the incomplete game on your profile but want to just experience the story and whatnot for fun, you can make an alt or guest account like @DrunkenEngineer said and play without having to worry about it. It would be worth it to experience the campaign at the very least, as it is undoubtedly a last-gen classic and super fun to play. As you guessed, it is a pretty amazing game!

I really hope that Rockstar remasters this game eventually. If they clipped the multiplayer, just focused on the main story content with a few graphical touch ups and stuff, slapped on a platinum trophy and sold it at a reduced price of like $30-40 or whatever, I’m sure there would be a large number of people like you and myself who never played the game back in the day and would immediately buy it up for an opportunity to give it a shot. 

There are probably many other people whose entry point into the series was with RDR2 over the past few years, or people who no longer have a PS3, or just plain and simple RDR fanboys and veterans who would just love any excuse to come running back for a chance to play it again on modern consoles. It’s super easy $ for Rockstar, so why the hell not?

Until then though, I can only say that in my opinion it is a game that is completely worth the time and effort to platinum, even if the multiplayer trophies are a pain in the ass. It’s an amazing game overall, and the boosting process is made much smoother if you join a large group of likeminded players, like I did last summer. The whole thing breezes by pretty quick if you’re playing and chatting with other people while you’re working on the game. And with the double XP LAN glitch (the one that can be performed by anyone, on any copy of the game) the grind to level 50 actually goes by a LOT faster than you would expect.

I put this game off for several years because like you I just couldn’t be assed to deal with the headache of all the multiplayer shit. But in the end I caved when I stumbled across a large boosting group here on PSNP, and joining them gave me the kick in the ass I needed. In the end I am very glad I decided to jump in when I did because I ended up enjoying it a whole lot. ?