How is this game?

Hi, ive looked at some reviews but still don't know how this game is balanced between rpg and action. Is it more like god of war or devil may cry (the first ones) or more like witcher? from what it seems to be, i think its path linear action game, with few rpg elements, but nothing more

It’s not an RPG. As the doctor says, it’s more like Arkham Knight. I’d say it’s more like a fighting game. I personally hated it! I love the setting but the game wasn’t to my taste at all. You’re constantly swarmed with multiple enemies and building up combos is a major part of the gameplay. If that’s your thing, go for it, but it isn’t an open world RPG! 

13 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

Hi, ive looked at some reviews but still don't know how this game is balanced between rpg and action. Is it more like god of war or devil may cry (the first ones) or more like witcher? from what it seems to be, i think its path linear action game, with few rpg elements, but nothing more

You should play Shadow of Mordor first because I believe Shadow of War is a sequel, and it is a far cry from God of War and Devil May Cry. It really is a simple game once you grasp the Nemesis System in it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

It’s not an RPG. As the doctor says, it’s more like Arkham Knight. I’d say it’s more like a fighting game. I personally hated it! I love the setting but the game wasn’t to my taste at all. You’re constantly swarmed with multiple enemies and building up combos is a major part of the gameplay. If that’s your thing, go for it, but it isn’t an open world RPG! 

ok ill remove it from my library then :-) hoping was an open world rpg but even if not so "open world" at least more rpg than fighting. the word "combo" its enough for me for ignore this game

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

You should play Shadow of Mordor first because I believe Shadow of War is a sequel, and it is a far cry from God of War and Devil May Cry. It really is a simple game once you grasp the Nemesis System in it.

well this one was free on ps+ and dlcs are on sale (lowest price ever) so this is the only option

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

the word "combo" its enough for me for ignore this game

Don't think "combo" like in Batman Arkham games or even fighters, because they're harder to perform. While I haven't played Shadow of War myself, I can assure you that nothing is frustrating in Shadow of Mordor -- and I guess it also applies to War. :hmm:

3 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Don't think "combo" like in Batman Arkham games or even fighters, because they're harder to perform. While I haven't played Shadow of War myself, I can assure you that nothing is frustrating in Shadow of Mordor -- and I guess it also applies to War. :hmm:

yes i understand its a cheap combo system like simply spawning a button and getting 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc combo counter up, but its something that i hate on an rpg game, because actually its not even an rpg...

• Like 1