Unable to play EU region bought game on my US account

rvdizecw420

A game came out recently with EU and US version of both PS4 and PS5.  I bought it from the PS5 first with both my main US account and a EU account.  After getting the platinum for both versions on PS5, I went to my PS4 to platinum them again.  No problem downloading on the US account but when I went to my EU account to download the game from the PS4 and then went to switch to my US account to have the trophies count for my main US account, it said:

Cannout use the content. 

This content can be used only by the following users, who have a license for it.  If you want to use the content, purchase it from PlayStation Store.

Is this new?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks

I’ve only “bought” free games or redeemed codes from other stores, and have bought two physical games from other regions. Have never had an issue with any of them before. 

I hope this is not a new thing, or else Sony is (in principle) going back on their “no region locking” thing. And I’ll personally be more than a little furious if i can no longer play physical games I’ve bought from other regions on my main account. 

• Like 1