Tips for Deicide and Glorious Battle Trophies

Data_Messa

Hey all!

Yesterday I did both of these trophies, while Deicide trophy can be challenging, without Artifacts its really up to RNG to get the Elite bosses to spawn, hence the reason I write this post. Some people already mentioned this in other threads, but you can easily make Elite bosses to spawn with the Artifact of Honor, which makes ALL enemies elites. Still beating the boss can be tough with this method, since fighting elites from the get go is obviously more dangerous. Personally, I picked the Artifact of Command to make sure I get my early items I need, also I done this with the Bandit, since I felt like thats my best Survivor. Probably also picking Artifact of Glass makes this task a bit easier, but you potentially become too squishy, I have to actually try it later, if it is easier this way or not.

Getting Glorious Battle is actually much more easier than it sounds. According to my experience, getting it just by playing regularly is highly unlikely, so I tried to get it by letting myself get beaten up to low HP as suggested in the guides. The problem was that the enemies are either too weak (mostly on Drizzle) or too strong (Monsoon) to exactly get to the desired HP level without dying and getting the teleporter to charge at the same time. There is a more reliable way to get this though, which almost entirely removes this danger factor of the trophy. Aaaand the method is: just jump down off the map. The benefit of this, that if you fall down multiple times you get hurt, but won't actually die. So you can damage yourself down to 1 HP, then let the teleporter to charge up completely to get the trophy. Also don't forget, if you leave the proximity of the teleporter, it will stop charging. So basically: kill the boss, get to like 95% with the teleporter, fall off the map a few times to get low HP and complete the charge.

I hope these tips will be useful for at least some of you, and have an easier time to get the plat (arguably Deicide is the hardest one to get).

Edited by Data_Messa
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

I managed to get this trophy the other day. I was trying to get the same map, boss and spawn location that @psycho_clank314 shows in his video but the RNG gods would never grant me my wish. 

How I managed to do it though was somewhat similar. If you follow the guidance in the video and instead it spawns a Vagrant, go to the exact same place and have a character with a long ranged attacks. The Vagrant won't fly up there and you can shoot it whilst dodging it's shots with little effort. 

If you get hit, just run up the hill a bit and let your health regenerate. Patience is the key. 

I did it using the Commando. My thanks to @psycho_clank314 for the video that helped unlock that rare moment of inspiration I had :) 

* Edit - I had the Artifact of Honour enabled. That's quite important! 

Edited by crouchingotter

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Deicide is laughably easy with the Loader and her scrap barrier ability. You don't even need any items, just the Artifact of Honor.

• You don't need any items. Seriously. The Loader's scrap barrier will keep granting you a barrier as long as you're wailing on something.
  • That said, still activate the Artifact of Command and if you happen to get a white item, choose the Soldier's Syringe to increase your attack speed.
  • Run straight for the Teleporter on the first stage and activate it right away. If you get the Beetle Queen or Stone Titan you're pretty much golden because they stay on the ground and are slow, you can just stand behind them and punch away.
  • If you get a flying boss (like the Wandering Vagrant), it's admittedly going to be more difficult. Try to use your gauntlet to stand on top of it and keep punching.
  • If you get a less desirable boss and fail, just keep trying until you get the Beetle Queen or Stone Titan as your boss.

That's all you need to do. I got the trophy after only 10 minutes with this method. I didn't have any items.