Differences with Flashback?

I wasn't aware this was coming out - and there's precious little information on it. From what I gather, they added more games to the two volumes of the anthology and split those that were included in the Flashback Collection between them (because of course). No idea whether there was any sort of remastering done or if they will be identical to the Flashback version.

More Turrican = good. But 35 euros per volume is... enthusiastic (unclear if the digital version will be cheaper - Flashback was pricey too). Would have been interested in the documentary and soundtrack included in the Ultimate Collector Edition, but 200 euros is also... high. Like, wth are they thinking?

Turrican Anthology Vol. 1

• Turrican (Amiga) (also in FLASHBACK ed.)
  • Turrican 2 (Amiga) (also in FLASHBACK ed.)
  • Super Turrican (SNES) (also in FLASHBACK ed.)
  • Super Turrican Director's Cut (SNES)
  • Mega Turrican Score Attack (Genesis/Mega Drive)

Turrican Anthology Vol. 2

• Turrican 3 (Amiga)
  • Mega Turrican (Genesis/Mega Drive) (also in FLASHBACK ed.)
  • Mega Turrican Director's Cut (Genesis/Mega Drive)
  • Super Turrican 2 (SNES)
  • Super Turrican 1 Score Attack (SNES)

There is tons of differences:

• Map Feature (display a map and your position with a button press)
  • Map Layers - turn on off different map layers (enemies etc)
  • Realtime Map (display a map that scrolls with the game in realtime, instead of a background image)
  • Overlay Map (Draw Map data over the game, making invisible things visible - Augmented Reality style)
  • Play all games with Original Emulated, Original Remastered or Turrican Soundtrack Anthology music
  • Play every game with your preferred controls style (Amiga, Console, Modern etc)
  • Modify game behavior (Add wheel jump to games that didnt have it, change the behavior of the CyberFist etc)
  • Play all the Amiga games in 50 and 60Hz
  • Unlockable Cheats
  • Unlockable Jukebox for each game + Bonus Jukebox
  • Unlockable Gallery with never seen before Concept Art
  • Manual Scans for all games
  • Better Rewind support (Adaptive)
  • Selectable Covers for each game
  • Support for 5 languages

I will do a livestream of all games/features on Saturday the 14th here:
    https://www.youtube.com/WorldOfLongplays

The reason it was split in 2 volumes was due to Switch Cart size limitations and fitting all the Studio music on it.

Edited by ScHlAuChi
  • Like 2

On 9.5.2022 at 5:48 PM, ScHlAuChi said:

• Realtime Map (display a map that scrolls with the game in realtime, instead of a background image)
  • Overlay Map (Draw Map data over the game, making invisible things visible - Augmented Reality style)
  • Play all games with Original Emulated, Original Remastered or Turrican Soundtrack Anthology music
  • Play every game with your preferred controls style (Amiga, Console, Modern etc)
  • Modify game behavior (Add wheel jump to games that didnt have it, change the behavior of the CyberFist etc)
  • Unlockable Cheats

The reason it was split in 2 volumes was due to Switch Cart size limitations and fitting all the Studio music on it.

I just stumbled upon this. More trophies for Turrican games is good news in my book. ;) Maybe you can answer a couple of questions: When will the collections hit the psn store? Can't find them atm, only Turrican Forever is there. Hopefully cheats still disable trophies? Still no C64 versions of Turrican I and II? :(

P.S.: Also, when will you start streaming today? ;)

Edited by Platisfaction

On 14.5.2022 at 11:23 AM, Platisfaction said:

I just stumbled upon this. More trophies for Turrican games is good news in my book. ;) Maybe you can answer a couple of questions: When will the collections hit the psn store? Can't find them atm, only Turrican Forever is there. Hopefully cheats still disable trophies? Still no C64 versions of Turrican I and II? :(

P.S.: Also, when will you start streaming today? ;)

PSN Store pretty soon I think, but cant say for sure as I have nothing to do with that stuff.

Sorry, saw this post too late, stream already happend :)

I actually didnt play that well yesterday, interacting with the audience didnt help the concentration ;)
All the other Turrican games couldnt be included due to unsolved or unclear rights issues :(
There is actually a Turrican Discord that you can find here: https://discord.com/invite/yD5cgWuAmp

Edited by ScHlAuChi
Added Discord link
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

My Strictly Limited Collectors of PS4 Turrican Anthology 1/2 came in days ago...so much better on top of few little nuggets of included extra games and trophies. The map features, real time screen size, redbook or emulated soundtrack and regular or newer studio remake music change on the fly, plus the documentary blu ray I got are all very cool. I purchased Turrican Flashback on cheap earlier this year not knowing how long SLG would take....but that is obsolete to me now and will sell on ebay. If you are a BIG Turrican fan, I'd say this is an easy must getting Anthology 1 and 2. I know post was from May, but between the physical copies shipping now and digital stores having them- I figured it was good to answer and recommend to anyone in the present on the cusp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BungieBanHammer said:

My Strictly Limited Collectors of PS4 Turrican Anthology 1/2 came in days ago...so much better on top of few little nuggets of included extra games and trophies. The map features, real time screen size, redbook or emulated soundtrack and regular or newer studio remake music change on the fly, plus the documentary blu ray I got are all very cool. I purchased Turrican Flashback on cheap earlier this year not knowing how long SLG would take....but that is obsolete to me now and will sell on ebay. If you are a BIG Turrican fan, I'd say this is an easy must getting Anthology 1 and 2. I know post was from May, but between the physical copies shipping now and digital stores having them- I figured it was good to answer and recommend to anyone in the present on the cusp.

Would you be able to confirm how long the documentary is on the blu-ray please? And if there are any other extras on the disc?

Also what's on the CDs with collection you purchased? (Not a full list of songs but an idea of what was put on the disc(s)).

Sure, I finished watching the documentary it's 99 minutes, 1080p stereo. 9 Parts go chronologically through the formation of team early on to Super Turrican 2 and lost prototypes and beyond. Everyone but Manfred Trenz is on it (seems like he disappeared from all the guys on the scene after Turrican 2 and is isolated, just vibe I get). Also comes with a bonus longplay from World of Longplay which I did not watch. That's really the only "extra" on blu ray per se. 16 tracks of redbook goodness on CD, plus SLG gave a little extra bonus CD which only has 3 tracks of remixes on it (think was a thank you for waiting so long for these dam preorders lol). The soundtrack takes a little of best from all the Turricans. Album curated by Jan Zottmann.Then theres posters, sticker sheets, pin w logo, postcards, acrylic art, and a nice 150 plus page hardcover art book for all the Turricans and concept art etc. Compared to some of the other sorry excuse for Collector Editions I have bought in past- this one felt much more worth it to me. Hope it helps!

• 8 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 0:48 AM, ScHlAuChi said:

• Unlockable Cheats

Thanks for this list. I am getting close (not that close) to starting Turrican Flashback flashback.

But I noticed today that Anthology I and II are on 43% sale, still feels pretty expensive. I am tempted though to get part 1.

Trophy list is similar, like literally icons are mostly the same.

So I'm thinking,

Pay more money for Anthology I, for a collection that is better (according to the list) but now I'm forced to get trophies for SNES Turrican, 4 games instead of 3.

I'm not familiar with SNES Turrican, infact I barely any experience with Mega Turrican tbh, although I have heard it's basically Amiga Turrican 3 in a way.

(I'm only really familiar with Turrican 1 and 2 on Amiga and since Mega Turrican mostly seems to be Turrican 3 anyway I think I can live without Anthology 2)