Authentic easy cheese

archangeltw_

On 6/28/2022 at 0:00 AM, JOT381 said:

Update 1.06 released yesterday has now disabled the ability to get the authentic trophy by pausing before exfiltration and changing difficulty.

If you still want to be cheeky about it first get every other trophy in the game, then back up your save file to the cloud just in case. Delete the game, turn off your networking, reinstall the game at its base version and use the difficulty swap at the end of each mission trick again. It will work on PS5 at least. You can't use your previous save file bc the versions won't match, but that way you can bring your save file back down again after updating the game eventually.

You can call it "cheating", but if game developers haven't figured out how to properly track difficulty related trophies after 14 years, then they shouldn't have them or they deserve to be exploited. I have beaten many games on the hardest difficulty legit, but this game did not interest me enough to bother. It was just way faster to get it the above way.

(This of course assumes you have the disc version - sorry digital players)

Edited by BodyChipper
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I was hoping a slightly different version of the co-op trick would work for me doing the other stack of SE5 trophies. I'm currently undergoing my Authentic run on PS4. Figured I would see if it was possible to save time when I do the PS5 stack by inviting an alt account into my game. The idea would be the alt account has a save file right before the end of each stage, then by using crossplay, when I do PS5 stack on the main account, the alt could act as the host and just load all the files for an easier Authentic run.

In the end though, it seems the game does not save at all in co-op, so the alt account cannot horde any save files. Oh well. Thought it would be a good time saver, but I'll just have to do them again. No big deal.  Thankfully constant saving is possible in this game, unlike SE4's trophies.

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, Veritas7Ax said:

I was hoping a slightly different version of the co-op trick would work for me doing the other stack of SE5 trophies. I'm currently undergoing my Authentic run on PS4. Figured I would see if it was possible to save time when I do the PS5 stack by inviting an alt account into my game. The idea would be the alt account has a save file right before the end of each stage, then by using crossplay, when I do PS5 stack on the main account, the alt could act as the host and just load all the files for an easier Authentic run.

In the end though, it seems the game does not save at all in co-op, so the alt account cannot horde any save files. Oh well. Thought it would be a good time saver, but I'll just have to do them again. No big deal.  Thankfully constant saving is possible in this game, unlike SE4's trophies.

Yep, for the dlc missions I played on my alt first, then invite both versions on my main account to get trophies. Damn, I played authentic twice at launch😂

Edited by archangeltw_

8 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Here's a thought - Why not just play through the campaign on Authentic? It's not that hard.

This, it’s actually not that hard since most of the mandatory objectives require you to do things that don’t involve having to snipe someone or otherwise put yourself at risk of a firefight. Like I’ve literally not had to snipe anyone or anything that couldn’t be handled through melee or a close range suppressor shot. I’ve done up to mission 6 and I’ve been able to stealth them all with minimal NPC interaction. It’s much easier than SE4 Authentic so maybe just worth doing rather than trying to find the weekly workaround.