Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry Standalone Announced

"Rise up against slavery with Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry, coming soon as a stand-alone title. Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate. Now, he has become a trained Assassin and an illustrious member of the Brotherhood. Forced to face his past, he sets out to free slaves and bring death to their captors."

So yeah, you'll be able to play the Assassin's Creed IV DLC without having the full game. Not sure why you'd want to do that but Ubisoft thinks you might :)
 Coming exclusively to both PS3 and PS4 on February 18th.

Edited by Chambers35

Definitely sounds like I'll get it at somepoint but random question (as someone who's only got as far as AC3 and only played the main PS3 games)... Isn't that kind of the same premise as AC Liberation is supposed to be about?

Let me guess, if Freedom Cry outsells Liberation they'll take it as a sign of the market to stick to male protagonists and not bother with female characters? Sorry if it sounds presumptuous, there's probably tons of differences between the 2 games, but based purely on a 2 minute video about the story it's the first thing I thought of. (Will still get both when I have the money/space in my backlog).

so how much? i guess we are looking at 20 bucks? 

i will buy this most likely. why?  because i sold my AC4 after getting all trophies, and the multiplayer not being able to be played..

one question, will it have the whole world such as in ac4 or is it not free roam? cause 20 bucks for a huge world, the ships etc sounds AMAZING.  

so how much? i guess we are looking at 20 bucks? 

i will buy this most likely. why?  because i sold my AC4 after getting all trophies, and the multiplayer not being able to be played..

one question, will it have the whole world such as in ac4 or is it not free roam? cause 20 bucks for a huge world, the ships etc sounds AMAZING.  

You do get a decent amount of places to explore, but nothing like the main game. And it said $14.99.

• 2 months later...

The standalone has a few more trophies, but that's really the only difference. Nothing too difficult.

Right, but the extra trophies it does have are already part of Black Flag, which is why they aren't listed for the DLC. I'll get 100% completion in not time on this. I think I have already liberated 300 slaves, and I am on mission 7, so it isn't too difficult.

Right, but the extra trophies it does have are already part of Black Flag, which is why they aren't listed for the DLC. I'll get 100% completion in not time on this. I think I have already liberated 300 slaves, and I am on mission 7, so it isn't too difficult.

Yeah. I think you pretty much have to be not trying in order to get the trophy for freeing 500 slaves.

• Like 1