Tips for Greatness

Snerlord

So after spending the nearly 4 weeks going for the Gold Greatness Trophy. I thought I'd share some tips or pointers I learned along the way.

So when I started this. I was Originally playing for Fun. Like most. Then I went for Silver Trophy Case. Which was Pretty Easy. To Speed things up (Because 82 games + Playoffs is a lot)
I would recommend. Only playing the first period or until you get a Hat Trick, which is pretty Easy on Rookie.  Then sim the remaining of the game.
9/10 you will win. Doing this will get you 246 Points (+ whatever you get during the Sim). Which is enough to win the Calder Trophy. Doing the same in the Playoffs will also get you to the Stanley Cup. If you ever get to an Elimination Game. I'd recommend playing it, so you wont be knocked out of the playoffs. Also I'd recommend playing the final game in the Stanley Cup. Doing so will Pop Silver Trophy Case, Bronze The Franchise.

Now the fun part.
Simming 24 season until the Year 2045-46. Which will take 12 hours alone. Each season takes about 30-40 mins. Just because of all the conversation you have during the season.  During this Stage I would play one game during the season. Typically the first game of the Season. Play Full 20 mins Periods, Set the Gameplay sliders in your Favor, go to town.( this gets boring fast)  I would Average 40 Points a game for my player. Simming the remainder of the season would typically net me another 80-100 points. Ending each Season with 120-140. Do this until the Final season 2045-46 at this point you should have a around 2750 points. Just about 100 away from 2857. I then would Sim until the final month of the season. there you will be close. Play one or two more games and Gold Greatness is yours. Finish simming the season and you will also get SilverGolden Years.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips.  I am doing the same trophies for NHL 21.  I’ve been playing 3-minute periods on Easy with sliders in my favorite and probably average 20 points a game.  I simmed the rest of the first season after 30 games or so and did not get much.

I’ve done another ~25 games in the second season so have over 1000 points. Sounds like that is enough to sim the rest.  I was not sure if once you got old, they cut your minutes or force you to retire or drop to minors.  But if you can go to Season 24, that sounds promising.  Too bad the simming  is so slow.

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

I was not sure if once you got old, they cut your minutes or force you to retire or drop to minors.  But if you can go to Season 24, that sounds promising.  Too bad the simming  is so slow.

I never had any issue with this. i did start to notice points dropping a tad. but not crazy enough to stop.

• 4 months later...

Hey I'm playing 23 and was wondering if I could apply these tips. Could you clarify.
1)  Season 1 - Play game until 3goals and then sim
2) Win Playoffs
3) Sim 24 seasons 2045 (1game a season - 40pts)
4) Final season make sure you are at 2500+
5) Play/sim as needed

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 5:09 AM, Ryudoz said:

Hey I'm playing 23 and was wondering if I could apply these tips. Could you clarify.
2) Win Playoffs
5) Play/sim as needed

Yeah it most certainly should work on 23. nothing was changed in be a pro.

I however haven't tried it. because this was just a drag.

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, Snerlord said:

Yeah it most certainly should work on 23. nothing was changed in be a pro.

I however haven't tried it. because this was just a drag.

Actually I think the retirement age was changed in NHL 23. I heard from several people that it can happen randomly between seasons 20-23

On 23/10/2022 at 9:09 AM, Ryudoz said:

2) Win Playoffs
5) Play/sim as needed

Just so you know, retirement in NHL 23 happens earlier than previous games. My guy retired after 23 seasons. Some ppl have retired in less.