how hard would winning multiplayer matches be in 2022?

I saw this was on sale until tomorrow and I have never played a game like it.  Looks super fun, but I suck at multiplayer in every game.  It just stresses me out, whether I am winning or losing.

This game is several years old now, so I am guessing multiplayer is mainly hardcore fans?  Would it be realistic for a lower skilled person to win a match in each game mode nowadays, or is multiplayer even very active now?  I really wanna play the single player, and will do the multiplayer if possible.  But I get super stressed and end up playing way worse than I normally would (which is not super good in the first place)...

Is it worth trying?  or should I just not bother?  I will probably get it either way as it looks super fun, but I would very much like to finish the multiplayer as well (sooner than later).

There is only one trophy that requires some skill and that is winning a battle royal. You can just ask someone for a win, then start the match with just 2 people. Only takes a couple of minutes. Rest of the online trophies don't need any skill at all. Multiplayer is still active but it will take some grinding. 

Edited by Silver-I-Chariot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

There is only one trophy that requires some skill and that is winning a battle royal. You can just ask someone for a win, then start the match with just 2 people. Only takes a couple of minutes. Rest of the online trophies don't need any skill at all. Multiplayer is still active but it will take some grinding. 

So boosting is the ay to go?  I checked a couple times and didn't see anyone posting sessions, so I didn't know if a lot of new players were picking this game up.  It just sounded like a lot of hours of multiplayer, but maybe I will get lucky and find someone to help...  

It just looks super fun, I think I will get it.  Are any of the DLC's worth it?  there is the top gun version and the top gun/season pass collection.  they are 20/30 dollars more though, and it sounds like top gun is a no mission DLC.

Thanks a lot for the reply, appreciate it

3 hours ago, tommyrotts said:

So boosting is the ay to go?  I checked a couple times and didn't see anyone posting sessions, so I didn't know if a lot of new players were picking this game up.  It just sounded like a lot of hours of multiplayer, but maybe I will get lucky and find someone to help...  

There are no boosting sessions because there is almost nothing to boost apart from that one trophy which only takes a couple of minutes and requires only one more player. Other trophies aren't boostable because they are for just playing the game.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 10:00 PM, tommyrotts said:

But I get super stressed and end up playing way worse than I normally would (which is not super good in the first place)...

Don't worry about this part. As the other guy said, there's only one thing you really need to land which is winning a single free-for-all.

Thing is, the game can be pretty chaotic, and sometimes you might just accidentally bumble your way to the top once you get the hang of things. If you use QAAM missiles, you'll usually get kills/points for fairly low effort.

Honestly multiplayer sometimes feels a bit like playing singleplayer because it's just a bunch of jets in the big blue sky doing donuts and pressing the missile button when they hear the beeping noise.

As the previous guy said, most of the multiplayer stuff is grinding- play x games in FFA, play x games in TDM and uh... earn 150 performance evaluations... which you get some by basically literally existing. Heck, there's even a performance evaluation for earning no other performance evaluations lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for these advices. I wasn't gonna buy it but I'm a little bit fan of the series and I regret not getting online achievements on Xbox 360 for Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.

I'm getting it and going straight to the multiplayer online trophies these weeks. Thanks anyone and feel free to text me for online boosting if needed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A win in TD is easy to get, you just have to be lucky and be on the "right" team with the good players and not give up tons of points dying to the opposing team.

Battle Royale, I'm really struggling with. 25 matches in, and I'm not feeling like I'm any closer to coming first.

Also for anyone still trying, getting 50 matches for BR is easier, because there are more games, so you can just one mid-session to avoid waiting in the lobby and you'll only have to play half of the match. Good luck on doing 50 TD.

Edited by SoroSuub1

True dat - I need 12 more TD matches to Play for achievement and it takes forever... As for getting first in Battle Royal I managed to do it without boosting just pure luck to get in room with someone worse than me :D If someone wants to Play td or want to be first in Battle Royal dm me :) Additionally I Play via mobilephone hotspot and have nat3 type so joining the room is a real pain :/

Edited by Nerimas
  • Like 1

I finished the 50x TD and 50x BR today... if you want to minimize effort e.g. you don't wanna actually have to play all the BR matches with your full attention span but don't wanna ruin the experience for others, you can join 'In-Progress' BR's and pick a fast plane (e.g. MIG-31b with all the speed upgrades), launch yourself to 11,000m and hold down one of the yaw buttons in the corner of the map. If you want to be obnoxious, you can also use LAAMs and fling missiles from afar to get you more MRP.

About 75 multiplayer matches took me 11 hours yesterday including break for food and lobby wait times... TD took the longest, waiting for a room to get to an even number and hoping the host was willing to launch it at 4 or 6 players. According to my statistics, there was 6h 45 minutes of actual flying time for the exactly 100 sorties I did.

Of course, you will still need a BR win. I very opportunistically accomplished that once on my own pretty much by accident in my first 35 BR plays (and also boosted once with the help of @Nerimas thank you!!).

Glad this is over with anyway.

Edited by SoroSuub1
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...