It is possible to earn platinium "solo" ?

SenpaiSlap

If you are counting using the duty finder as solo, then it is totally possible to do solo. If you are counting dungeons/raids with a party that wasn't premade as non-solo, then the answer is you can't do it solo. Especially as this is the PS5 version, and the raids (while the normal version) are mostly too hard to solo even as a maxed level Warrior with good gear, and the 24-man raids can't be done in an undersized party. No need for a Free Company or anything though, so you can avoid those. (Even if a decent portion of the fun is playing with and/or making friends.)

Edited by HealedFiend13
  • Like 1

To an extent yes. In future? Definitely. The real block you have towards this platinum solo is the alliance raids, and some of the more recent normal mode raid clears... though they could be done with some patience as a tank; but nothing has to be premade for the platinum, you can use the duty finder that pairs you with randoms. Coils can be all solo'd at 90 no issue.

Outside of the platinum though, if say, you wanted to clear the most recent savage, you will have to either use Party Finder or find a static (guild statics are usually always full with longstanding guild members, so I suggest use a discord - groups like ERC or whatever your data center has or put an ad up in Party Finder that you are seeking a static and what role you play). Statics can clear the tiers faster, but you can clear in Party Finder within a couple of weeks. And literally, the only thing you have to say in the chat if EU/JP player, is what position you would like; for example, I play melee mostly so I would say M1/M2 or I just let the other melee decide and not even state my position if they already said theirs, this game does support the quiet players thankfully! :)

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 3

On 6/19/2022 at 5:29 PM, SenpaiSlap said:

It is possible to make platinium playing only solo only by using maby something like raid/dungeon finders or i need a guild and premade party/raid ? I really want to try but i dont want to get involved to guild social nuances...

Hi. I've cleared all High difficulty content with randoms. It's doable. You'll be fine with your definition of solo! 

• Like 1

Everything said above is pretty much the facts. All content can be cleared with pugs, including current savage. It may take longer but as long as you do your part with learning mechanics and putting progression time into the raids, you'll be fine.

One thing I will say is if anyone new is 100% obsessed, just remember SE has committed to FFXIV for another 10 years. You're in here for the long-haul.

• Like 2