Shi no numa doesn't have trophies... and the future of trophies in call of duty discussion

I've been noticing a new trend with treyarch recently and that they decided to ditch trophies for zombies ever since bo4, cold war came and passed and we noticed no trophies for the newer maps too i don't think anyone would've minded trophies for the newer maps since that game was really easy and i was hoping that cold war was an exception because they were being squeezed by their throats by activision. But now the first ever round based map in vanguard is here i played it for few hours and thought hey let me get all the trophies for this since i had nothing to do with the map anymore and there it is again.. no trophies at all. What do you guys think, are they for sure going to ditch trophies for call of duty games ever since the after launch support is free or do you think it's coming back later after everything is sorted back to normal over there at activision?

If anything, I only played the DLC maps for the trophies, at least from BO4 on. Without trophies for the DLCs, I saw no reason to play the Cold War maps. That said, if a map is fun enough, such as Die Rise or Mob of the Dead, I'll play them all the time.

As you can see in other games with free post-launch content or game/battle passes like Battlefield V and since CoD MW 2019, I'd say it's because of trophy/achievement regulations.

The DLC marketing is over and guess the rules  "didn't catch up" to enable trophies for the new trend.

helloImD.png

I think it's good not to have trophies online. For the first time Since COD World At War I thoroughly enjoyed Coldwar Zombies, it has challenges instead.

I also think COD is over or at least until MS runs the business and then we can just hope the game is ok.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:41 AM, helloImD said:

As you can see in other games with free post-launch content or game/battle passes like Battlefield V and since CoD MW 2019, I'd say it's because of trophy/achievement regulations.

The DLC marketing is over and guess the rules  "didn't catch up" to enable trophies for the new trend.

helloImD.png

I'm confused by what you mean, because games like warframe, totally free to play (you can pay for in game items and stuff) adds trophies constantly with every major update and even some minor ones.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wolverines1984 said:

I'm confused by what you mean, because games like warframe, totally free to play (you can pay for in game items and stuff) adds trophies constantly with every major update and even some minor ones.

I think F2P titles like Warframe are handled differently.

But as mentioned: every game/series which shifted from standard DLCs to a Game/Battle Pass has not added new trophies. Must be because of internal trophy regulations not updated (yet).

helloImD.png