Chapter 18 lag makes some QTEs impossible

IcySeaSurfer

I'm playing on PS Premium, so streaming the game.

I'm finding the timed mash QTEs impossible to do because of the ingame lag, also some of the triangle buttons I have to press so early to go through. Is anyone else having these issues? Dies anyone know of a way to do them easier on this chapter? Its not my Internet connection, that's fine. It's explicitly at this part that this happens.

4 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

quality possible, ping (or simply connection delay) isn't

ah thanks. i never fully understood ping, not that i looked into much. i have like 860-1gb up and down speeds. But it fluctuates. My S22Ultra for example cant get gigabit speed so i get 300mb BUT i play gamepass no issue on it... so this lag on Sony seems to be on their end

7 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

ah thanks. i never fully understood ping, not that i looked into much. i have like 860-1gb up and down speeds. But it fluctuates. My S22Ultra for example cant get gigabit speed so i get 300mb BUT i play gamepass no issue on it... so this lag on Sony seems to be on their end

Sony's cloud gaming is pretty shitty in practice (or just outdated), I ran Steam Remote Play Together with buddy over internet (we had ping like 40-50 or more) and we played Cuphead without any problems and noticeable lag. My guess is that Steam before establishing connection measures ping between clients and somehow adopt game to be played with input delay. Unlike Sony's just "here you go, have a good day with 300 milliseconds delay" input lag. But, I could be wrong, coz I never used their cloud gaming, just connected PS Vita via Internet with PS4 and it was a mess, even tho I had like 4-5 ms ping with my home from office.

Edited by PostalDudeRus

• 1 year later...

I know this is a old post but, I did once try playing asuras wrath on PS NOW, but I realized even with really good internet and Ethernet it's still laggy. I ended up getting my own ps3 to play ps3 games that aren't supported on ps now and plus I can stream to friends on discord which is nice. It's just way less laggy and also if you have an SSD it makes your experience a bit better.