Biertje373's Trophy Checklist

Biertje373

Platinum #77 / Completion #78

L16c871.png

And another Final Fantasy game has been completed, this one was very different from the first game and I liked it.

I like that you get stronger by leveling the weapons and magic, it's weird but it's really cool, kind of reminds me of leveling for the sphere grid in Final Fantasy X, but this is way less grindy.

I loved the final dungeon theme and design, it was pretty to look at and to listen to.

Overal I didn't like the dungeons as much, but the final dungeon 100% made up for it.

Also the whole characters switching in and out stuff really didn't do it for me.

Aside from that, it's just a fantastic game, great story, fun gameplay and an awesome world.

I am looking forward to Final Fantasy III in the future.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #79 / Completion # 80

L45db42.png

For me this feels like a very Platinum heavy year, with games like the Final Fantasy pixel remasters, Octopath Traveler II and Final Fantasy XVI, Live A Live has been a great addition to the list. When this released on the Nintendo Switch I didn't buy it because it released a couple of days after Stray and a week before Xenoblade Chronicles 3, I was like maybe I'll get it later.

But 2 months ago (I took my sweet time) they released Live a Live on PS4, PS5 and Steam and I was like, let's go for it, it's my kind of game, the music and artstyle are fantastic, let's go for it and take my sweet time.

And I sure did and it was great, I loved all the individual stories, I loved how it came together, loved the fun combat system and I just had a blast, I can't wait for the next HD-2D or Square Enix game in the future!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #80 / Completion # 81

L8e41a1.png

Endling was a good game, loved the world, loved the story and the music was great, I can't talk about the ending because that needs to be experienced but I loved it.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Platinum 82 / Completion 84

Ld83212.png

I've ended the month with Final Fantasy III and it was great, I've played a lot of Final Fantasy XIV especially the alliance raids and seeing their origins and the origins of the summons was very refreshing.

Platinum 83 / Completion 85

L943acd.png

And I started the month with the completion of What Remains of Edith Finch, this experience was pretty cool, the idea of this curse was interesting. I don't think that I would've paid for it but it being a part of PS+ Extra is worthi it for me.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum 84 / Completion 86

Lf042c1.png

I really liked Last Stop the idea of three different routes that are slightly connected is pretty fun. While I didn't love everything, the game is just fun.

Let's go over the three main characters:

Meena: I hate to say it but I did not like Meena, whenever a new chapter was happening I would find reasons to dislike her more. But that's what's great about her, they gave a character that was very irredeemable and that's some great writing.

Donna: Donna is alright, she's a bit all over the place, but I did feel bad for her, the greatest thing about her is her story, there was a lot of mystery involved which made me look forward to the next chapter every single time.

John: I love him, he was charming, caring and I also loved his story. If I would play this game again, I would do it for John.

Sadly some things annyed me.

Not going it again, but I did not like Meena.

The game calls it an interconnected game, and it is, but it was less then I would've liked. Thankfully when it did connect it was fantastic.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Platinum #85 / Completion #87

Lc5ecf9.png

So my most anticipated game of the year (maybe even the generation) was Spider-Man 2 so I felt like I set my expectations way too high, but maybe I am wearing my rose tinted glasses but for me it lived up to the hype.

It had many enemies that I would've loved to see but didn't expect, the new islands that were added were a lot to explore and the new abilities (like the web wings, evolved venom, Symbiote and spider arm) really added to the game.

I absolutely love this game and I am excited to see what the future of this series will bring.

• 2 weeks later...

Completion #87

L8e5819.png

After 2 years we got DLC with Tales of Arise, it was a surprise DLC that I really looked forward to but also dreaded a little bit.

First of all the exciting part: Tales of Arise is one of my favourite games, I love the world, it has my favourite cast of characters and the combat is just fun, do having a reason to return is a good thing in my book. 

But the dreading part: was that I forgot about almost everything, including how the combat worked. And the idea of it ruining my 100% was not something I would've liked.

Thankfully this DLC was fun, as I was playing, my memories returned. Some small things like battle quotes returned like it hasn't been 2 years and events slowly re-entered my brain.

The combat I didn't really get used to completely, but in the end I was able to be good enough.

And these 11 new trophies they weren't too bad, sure I wish that there wasn't another arena trophy, didn't like it in the base game or the DLC, but that was the worst of them all and I am glad that there was no fishing trophy, hell even the quest that required a boss fish had a shop that made it able to buy the fish.

And the story was really nice, yeah most of it was side quest, but the events were great, Nazamil is a nice kid, seeing how stuff was slowly changing in the world was cool and seeing how Alphen and the gang were doing after 1 in game year was great.

So overal I am glad that this DLC released, and I am looking forward to (hopefully) a new Tales of... game soon.

• Like 1

Platinum #87 / Completion #89

La5ae77.png

Assassin's Creed Mirage has been a lot of fun, I don't know if the list will stay completed because of the free update in December. But until that time, I am just glad that I've completed it. This has been one of my favourite experiences in the series, it wasn't too big, the gameplay was good and the story was awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum # 88 / Completion #89

Le7864c.png

Because of DLC one of my 100%'s isn't a 100% anymore... for now, but that's not what this post is about. This post is about the Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series. And before this I have never experienced Klonoa, now that I have experienced two Klonoa games I can see why people like it.

The final challenge of both games were fun, the music was pretty good and the platforming was solid.

The story of the 2nd game didn't do it for me, but aside from that it's a fun one to experience.

Completion #90

Le12462.png

Like I said in the previous post, one of my 100%'s wasn't a 100% anymore. Thankfully I took it back for now.

The first DLC of Final Fantasy XVI was short, but my god did I enjoy it.

First of all, the boss was visually stunning, it looked cool and the arena (phase 2+) was just amazing to look at.

The challenge was great, not too hard (because I haven't played since I got the platinum I was a bit out of practice) but also not too easy. The music got me super hyped and the dungeon was fun to explore.

I would say, wait until the next DLC before deciding if this season pass is worth it but for me with how much fun I had I feel like it was worth it to me.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #89/ Completion #91

L48b64a.png

Unpacking was one of those games that a lot of people talked about. Early this month I did decide to give it a try.

I will be honest, I am not the smartest person, so when I had that one thing that just wouldn't fit anywhere I did get a bit annoyed with myself.

But I have to say that I enjoyed it, I wouldn't replay it but the relaxed feeling of unpacking everything was great.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #91 / Completion #93

L7ac8c5.png

I wanted my first platinum of 2024 to be a good one, and I felt like should continue my Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster hunts with my first time playing Final Fnatasy IV.

This game was really good, the difficulty went up quite a bit from the first 3 games which was fun, there was a lot of stuff that require luck like the secret summons and the pink tail. The latter took a lot of time but I really enjoyed it.

A great story, some fun worlds (IYKYK) and another fun adventure.

I do feel like controlling five at once felt a bit like too much but I got used to it after a while and had fun with it.

I am looking forward to playing Final Fantasy V in the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #92 / Completion #94

L2fc6f4.png

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is a fantastic game, I like Ubisoft games, but it does feel like a gamble from time to time. But this game was amazing, good story, fun gameplay and powers, beautiful artstyle, very entertaining (platforming) puzzles.

I do know about the bugs, aside from a visual one, I was able to avoid them and I am glad that I did because if I wouldn't be able to get the platinum because of a glitch, I wouldn't have gotten this platinum.

I hope that there's going to be another one, this was fun and I would love to see more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Platinum #94 / Completion #96

Ldc0e77.png

I got the platinum of Alan Wake II about 2 weeks ago, but I still felt like I should say something about it, this game was great. Alan was still awesome and Saga was a fantastic new character.

I loved the music and the worlds, something in me hopes that there will be an Alan Wake III but at the moment I am not expecting it, that said, I am very happy that this game happened.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #95 / Completion #97

L3e44a9.png

I heard many good things about Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, but I never really bought it, because I always assumed/heard that there was some kind of death penalty, a little while ago I saw a video about platinum recommendations which mentioned this and he said that it was a thing they say to make the player anxious. Well I can say that I died many times and even though i saw the video I was still anxious about it. And now that I have the platinum I can say that it was worth the experience.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #96 / Completion #98

L3ba647.png

I've played some LEGO games in the past, but never got a platinum with any of them, I do hope to change that, but I got to say that I loved this platinum, it was fun, it was relaxing and the 100% had a lot to do but it went really well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #97

Lced4d8.png

So I am slowly working on the 100% of Resistance Retribution but I am kind of taking it slow because I have to do a second playthrough thanks to the 1.2 update, you don't need to do that if you start a playthrough now, but yeah, couldn't play infected mode before version 1.2.

That said, the main game was kind of annoying, it had a lot of fun moments, but there was just a lot of stuff that felt outdated, and I know that it's a PSP game, but to me that doesn't make it less annoying.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 2:23 PM, Biertje373 said:

Platinum #97

Lced4d8.png

So I am slowly working on the 100% of Resistance Retribution but I am kind of taking it slow because I have to do a second playthrough thanks to the 1.2 update, you don't need to do that if you start a playthrough now, but yeah, couldn't play infected mode before version 1.2.

That said, the main game was kind of annoying, it had a lot of fun moments, but there was just a lot of stuff that felt outdated, and I know that it's a PSP game, but to me that doesn't make it less annoying.

I'm a huge fan of the Resistance series but this is the only one I haven't played. Does it hold up? Great checklist btw.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I'm a huge fan of the Resistance series but this is the only one I haven't played. Does it hold up? Great checklist btw.

In my opinion it didn't age too well, but it is not bad. I haven't played a lot of the Infected game mode, but from first impression I feel like the new weapon and the health regen does make the game a lot more fun (but time will tell)

Thank you for the compliment.

• Like 1