Parts for weapon upgrades

Hello Im recently playing ng+ for platinum and I realized that I would not have enough parts for all weapon upgrades. Im missing like 250 parts. Is there any way to get them after beating the story ?(replaying the chapters) Or I just need to play from the start only because of this 1 trophy ? 

All your upgrades and parts carry over to NG+ as well as any subsequent NG+ runs. As I recall though,  it should only take 1.5 playthroughs to fully upgrade everything, depending on which weapons you upgraded first. I.e. if you wait to upgrade the first weapons you get so you can max out the endgame weapons first, like the flamethrower, then in NG+ you will be able to fully upgrade the starter weapons and get the trophy well before you get the last weapons. 

I assume you still need to do Grounded + so 2 full playthroughs at minimum are needed: Easy then Grounded +.

28 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

All your upgrades and parts carry over to NG+ as well as any subsequent NG+ runs. As I recall though,  it should only take 1.5 playthroughs to fully upgrade everything, depending on which weapons you upgraded first. I.e. if you wait to upgrade the first weapons you get so you can max out the endgame weapons first, like the flamethrower, then in NG+ you will be able to fully upgrade the starter weapons and get the trophy well before you get the last weapons. 

I assume you still need to do Grounded + so 2 full playthroughs at minimum are needed: Easy then Grounded +.

Im at the end of the story and no I dont have enough parts, both playthroughs were on grounded (bcs of the trophies) and now I dont know what to do, as I said Im missing about 250 parts.

1 hour ago, swenyx_xd said:

Im at the end of the story and no I dont have enough parts, both playthroughs were on grounded (bcs of the trophies) and now I dont know what to do, as I said Im missing about 250 parts.

Ah there's the rub, Grounded has far fewer parts than the other difficulties. It is not an issue doing Easy then Grounded + since Easy has a ton more. Sadly, you'll need to do a partial NG+ run on Easy to finish upgrading. (I just remembered, TLOU has a Very Easy difficulty so you could do that instead of Easy.)

Edit: Kudos to you for beating NG on Grounded, that's a hell of feat.

Edited by da-Noob123

26 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Ah there's the rub, Grounded has far fewer parts than the other difficulties. It is not an issue doing Easy then Grounded + since Easy has a ton more. Sadly, you'll need to do a partial NG+ run on Easy to finish upgrading. (I just remembered, TLOU has a Very Easy difficulty so you could do that instead of Easy.)

Edit: Kudos to you for beating NG on Grounded, that's a hell of feat.

It bothers me to play it for the 3rd time. I would just leave it like this and complete it in some time then :D Anyways thanks man it was easier compared to first playthrough. In first run I was struggling with ammo so much, but 2nd run was easy tbh. 

I think your problem may lie in not opening all of the shiv doors. I noticed you haven't popped the trophy. Most of the parts are always inside those rooms. If you didn't open them all on NG and most of them NG+ while playing it on Grounded, there was no way you were going to get enough parts for all weapons. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

I think your problem may lie in not opening all of the shiv doors. I noticed you haven't popped the trophy. Most of the parts are always inside those rooms. If you didn't open them all on NG and most of them NG+ while playing it on Grounded, there was no way you were going to get enough parts for all weapons. 

I opened all of the doors, Im now in the Hospital chapter so 1 doors is missing, then I will complete ng+

6 minutes ago, swenyx_xd said:

I opened all of the doors, Im now in the Hospital chapter so 1 doors is missing, then I will complete ng+

But you don't have the trophy for it, so you must have missed at least one on your first playthrough.  The point Lester is making is that there's always a large stash of parts behind shiv doors.  Since you missed at least one on your first playthrough (maybe more) that's contributing to you not having enough parts.

Anyway, after you finish this playthrough start another NG+ on easy or very easy and gather the parts you need and finish upgrading your weapons.  You should have enough parts within an hour, as there's 2 shiv doors in the Outskirts.  You don't have to complete the playthrough, though depending on which weapon you haven't fully upgraded, you might have to progress pretty far just to find it before you can upgrade it (most people leave the revolver or another early weapon to upgrade last for this very reason).

5 hours ago, swenyx_xd said:

Hello Im recently playing ng+ for platinum and I realized that I would not have enough parts for all weapon upgrades. Im missing like 250 parts. Is there any way to get them after beating the story ?(replaying the chapters) Or I just need to play from the start only because of this 1 trophy ? 

It took me about half of a third playthrough. Put it on easy and you can fly through the story, skip cutscenes and make it somewhat quickly. Think it took me about 3 hours to get enough parts, but that wasn't too bad with how familiar I was at that point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

It took me about half of a third playthrough. Put it on easy and you can fly through the story, skip cutscenes and make it somewhat quickly. Think it took me about 3 hours to get enough parts, but that wasn't too bad with how familiar I was at that point. 

Yeah I will do that, thanks man