Easy grind method for "Self-sustainability"?

purlinka

Almost done with the game, finished all the recipes, cleared all the islets, and I've still only found 7 of 18 necessary seeds for :gold: Self-sustainability. I'm following the guide and making sure I switch characters often, but I feel like I'm only finding 1 seed every couple HOURS.

Does anyone have a good method for grinding the seed search? Or, does anyone know how the plant spawn rates work? Like, do I need to move 5 islets away or does it take 1 real-time hour for them to grow back? etc. 

The game is wonderful and gorgeous, but I'm ready to wrap up the plat and move on ?

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, JABing said:

Ever find a good solution for this? I have been stuck on 16/18 FOREVER and cannot find any seeds. I have switched between characters, fruits, regions.... nothing seems to work!

My best advice is to stay with one character until the next seed discovery, then change characters after every seed discovery. For example, if Kay found the last seed, play as Yu until you find the next one (or vice versus). Supposedly, the switch-off is part of the narrative as they keep score and one-up each other... or something. I think their competitive dialogue was supposed to be the hint for this?

Other than that, I got nothing. It's a really annoying trophy.

• Like 1

I think the whole seed finding competition is most likely completely scripted up until the last seed so that you have to pick them up in the order it's meant to happen. Final one might be possible as both so it seems like you can decide the winner. I followed this guide and had no problems at all: https://www.trueachievements.com/a313481/selfsustainability-achievement Remember to deduct one from your total if you forget what the current score is because the first one didn't count.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvariceInc said:

I think the whole seed finding competition is most likely completely scripted up until the last seed so that you have to pick them up in the order it's meant to happen. Final one might be possible as both so it seems like you can decide the winner. I followed this guide and had no problems at all: https://www.trueachievements.com/a313481/selfsustainability-achievement Remember to deduct one from your total if you forget what the current score is because the first one didn't count.

Yeah, I read that guide, too. By the time I was grinding for this trophy, I forgot the score for each character. I was able to follow the general gist, though.

I definitely think this trophy is secretly scripted.

Edited by purlinka

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/3/2023 at 8:47 PM, AvariceInc said:

I agree. This makes the most sense as they wouldn't record every possible dialogue based on the score. I'm almost done with the plat on my secondary account and didn't have any issues when it comes to this trophy.