How to level for end game ?

Tomoko Kuroki

So I just completed the game, and im now working on the fragments, I skipped some of the bosses needed to kill for the fragments, like grogyra, he always kills me with barely any HP left.

I was gonna do the most fragments and sidequests I can and then do the paradox endings after.

What should I work on to make things easier for post game ?

Should I get better weapons ? Max my CP ? Find better monsters ?

I'm not sure where to farm CP, I have 1 role at level 99, the rest are about 40-50, my characters have about 3000HP. Im using a 3500HP flanitor as healer, and a buccado as ravager.

And i'm kinda poor in gil

Get a Chi Chu as a COM.

Then go to A Dying World or Archylte Steppe to farm monsters materials for said Chi Chu.

Then start your fragment quest, make sure to start from where the game started, makes things a tiny little easier and make sure to kill every single enemy that spawns. Better do that then farm XP all day.

You need to have killed every enemy at least once to get one of those fragments. And don't forget to explore the map until you have 100% explored.

I agree with renatabls, just start your fragment request and you'll find your characters maxed out in no time. I don't remember farming for CP on this second installment, unlike the first which is also not really a grind since you get a decent amount at farming the turtles (which you have to do it anyway). but it you're that desperate for CP, just make sure you have gotten the CP growth fragment skill and go to academia 400AF to farm there, but I honestly don't think it is necessary

So I just completed the game, and im now working on the fragments, I skipped some of the bosses needed to kill for the fragments, like grogyra, he always kills me with barely any HP left.

I was gonna do the most fragments and sidequests I can and then do the paradox endings after.

What should I work on to make things easier for post game ?

Should I get better weapons ? Max my CP ? Find better monsters ?

I'm not sure where to farm CP, I have 1 role at level 99, the rest are about 40-50, my characters have about 3000HP. Im using a 3500HP flanitor as healer, and a buccado as ravager.

And i'm kinda poor in gil

Get one of the weapons Hope gives  you, you can choose a sword for Noel or a bow for Serah, wichever you like is fine.

A little tip on monster:

Cloudburst is a hell of a RAV

Dragoon for COM

Flanitor for MED

Bunkerbeast for SEN

Or you could try to level up the chocobos, but since you are short on fund, I wont recommend that.

Get one of the weapons Hope gives you, you can choose a sword for Noel or a bow for Serah, wichever you like is fine.

A little tip on monster:

Cloudburst is a hell of a RAV

Dragoon for COM

Flanitor for MED

Bunkerbeast for SEN

Or you could try to level up the chocobos, but since you are short on fund, I wont recommend that.

*Navidon is said to be better than bunkerbeast. I also used Navidon and it's really good.

It made the Caius fight without Noel easy aswell. But maybe all SEN monsters do that.

Also I recommend killing The Long Gui, Ochu and The Immortal for 30K CP each. Yomi also gives 30K but is extremely hard without maxed characters.

I think the game misses end game fights though. Nothing but Yomi was extremely hard and when I had a good SEN he also was no problem. Raspatil or whatever it is called wasn't that challenging either. Not counting DLC. It also makes maxing your monsters with the right infusions useless because there is no need for.

*Navidon is said to be better than bunkerbeast. I also used Navidon and it's really good.

It made the Caius fight without Noel easy aswell. But maybe all SEN monsters do that.

Also I recommend killing The Long Gui, Ochu and The Immortal for 30K CP each. Yomi also gives 30K but is extremely hard without maxed characters.

I think the game misses end game fights though. Nothing but Yomi was extremely hard and when I had a good SEN he also was no problem. Raspatil or whatever it is called wasn't that challenging either. Not counting DLC. It also makes maxing your monsters with the right infusions useless because there is no need for.

Can't rememeber that monster, Bunkerbeast was the only SEN I used, but like you said, maybe all SEN works the same, I mean the only thing that matters is HP for them anyway.

And you are right end-game is very easy in here, unless you have the colisseum DLC there is no need to look for a perfect team.