Is the Royal Pack worthy?

Jeanolt

I loved FFXV and I'm tempted to try the dlc, but at least the trophies don't show a lot of content is added to the main game. Are there new missions/hunts? Are the bosses challenging or you can beat them with the ring like the Adamantoise?

I always liked the fishing so I've got no problem with that :)

Edited by Jeanoltt

I personally didnt try it myself yet but i heard there is a alternative ending.

I would buy it when it is in a sale otherwise would wait.

Btw I'm sad that they didnt release the last two dlcs for more story content ?

• Like 2

The Royal pack completely changes the game, not to mention it adds a few mechanics that make Noct and his friend look F ing incredible during battle along with more stuff to do and fight in Eos. (Yeah you can tell I love the game) YES there are more bosses and side missions.
Trophy wise there are some good additions BUT dont think thats all whats included in the pack! Theres SO. MUCH. STUFF. ADDED that will give you ingame rewards and add to the story but not necessarily more trophies.

You also mention the DLC. are you talking about the seasson pass?
if we are talking about Episode Gladio, Prompto and Ignis; please, for the love of EOS dont ignore them. Comrades DLC is also a nice surprise that will tell you/let you play those 10 years of darkness and the events that happened during that time in a very ingenious way.

Finally Episode Ardyn. just... the best thing the game has to offer.

At the end of the day hope you have fun and if you can give the DLCs a chance (in this case you specifically asked about the royal pack) you wont regret it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, veinte-justo said:

The Royal pack completely changes the game, not to mention it adds a few mechanics that make Noct and his friend look F ing incredible during battle along with more stuff to do and fight in Eos. (Yeah you can tell I love the game) YES there are more bosses and side missions.
Trophy wise there are some good additions BUT dont think thats all whats included in the pack! Theres SO. MUCH. STUFF. ADDED that will give you ingame rewards and add to the story but not necessarily more trophies.

You also mention the DLC. are you talking about the seasson pass?
if we are talking about Episode Gladio, Prompto and Ignis; please, for the love of EOS dont ignore them. Comrades DLC is also a nice surprise that will tell you/let you play those 10 years of darkness and the events that happened during that time in a very ingenious way.

Finally Episode Ardyn. just... the best thing the game has to offer.

At the end of the day hope you have fun and if you can give the DLCs a chance (in this case you specifically asked about the royal pack) you wont regret it.

Thank you! Yeah, I have the Day one physical edition and I noticed that the Royal edition is on PS+, I assume it includes every Episode? I'l try them too?

I enjoyed getting every bit of the game, even the colosseum battles so I'm pretty sure that if there's new rewards I'll get them all.

7 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

Thank you! Yeah, I have the Day one physical edition and I noticed that the Royal edition is on PS+, I assume it includes every Episode? I'l try them too1f601.png

I enjoyed getting every bit of the game, even the colosseum battles so I'm pretty sure that if there's new rewards I'll get them all.

The PS+ version is the Royal Edition, which comes will all DLC except Episode Ardyn. That's the only thing missing though. They were going to do another full season of DLC, but then the director left the company and all future plans got scrapped.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

The PS+ version is the Royal Edition, which comes will all DLC except Episode Ardyn. That's the only thing missing though. They were going to do another full season of DLC, but then the director left the company and all future plans got scrapped.

Correct.
To be fair "Dawn of the Future" which was the second season was made into a novel, only Episode Ardyn made it as playable content.
For those interested in what happened with Episode Luna, Aranea and Noctis everything is in that novel. I would have happily paid for a second season but at this point i just wish the best for Tabata (the director) and SE future projects.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

These character dlc are very good, especially episode Ignis and Prompto. They all have a strong extra boss after their story too and it explains what they did during the time they were split of from the party. Personally i played Gladio first, then Ignis, Prompto and Ardyn last. 

Also the Royal pack added alot of stuff to the main game even some dungeons and superbosses that are immune to the ring of Lucii

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

Well, I just installed the game and there are about 18 DLCs1f605.png

The main ones included are:

- Ignis

- Prompto 

- Gladio

- Comrades

@veinte-justo Which order do you recommend me to play them? I remember Gladio dissapearing during the game but I'm not sure about the other ones.

First of all here is small description where I think these should be placed in the story mode.

Episode Gladiolus would be the first one, it takes place right after Gladio joins the party after the power plant mission.
Episode Prompto goes next, the best moment to experience is almost at the end of chapter 13.
Now Episode Ignis... I guess you can say this is the final one and a lot of people would agree that it should only be played after finishing the game. However I think it goes perfectly at the end of Altissia.

Finally Comrades, the multiplayer with a very ingenious way to connect elements of the story. This is more of a postgame content to unveil various secrets very similar to the Pittios Dungeon.

Oh and lets not forget Episode Ardyn (sold separately because it was released after Royal edition) this is how you conclude your journey in FFXV.

To make it short my suggestion would be: Gladio, Prompto, Ignis, Ardyn and finally if you have the time for some Monster hunt... Comrades, go for it; just keep in mind that your life will be easier if you can find a team for some of the superbosses.

AND
Do not forget all the rewards for surviving the extra battles plus all the new bosses and areas added to the Royal Pack especially the new gameplay element if you gather all the royal arms.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

First of all here is small description where I think these should be placed in the story mode.

Episode Gladiolus would be the first one, it takes place right after Gladio joins the party after the power plant mission.
Episode Prompto goes next, the best moment to experience is almost at the end of chapter 13.
Now Episode Ignis... I guess you can say this is the final one and a lot of people would agree that it should only be played after finishing the game. However I think it goes perfectly at the end of Altissia.

Finally Comrades, the multiplayer with a very ingenious way to connect elements of the story. This is more of a postgame content to unveil various secrets very similar to the Pittios Dungeon.

Oh and lets not forget Episode Ardyn (sold separately because it was released after Royal edition) this is how you conclude your journey in FFXV.

To make it short my suggestion would be: Gladio, Prompto, Ignis, Ardyn and finally if you have the time for some Monster hunt... Comrades, go for it; just keep in mind that your life will be easier if you can find a team for some of the superbosses.

AND
Do not forget all the rewards for surviving the extra battles plus all the new bosses and areas added to the Royal Pack especially the new gameplay element if you gather all the royal arms.

Thank you! It's obvious that if the game original release included all this, probably the critics wouldn't've been so harsh..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:30 AM, veinte-justo said:

I know its been like a month but I'm curious if you liked the DLC or which ones have you played so far?

Hi, I only played the royal pack DLC because I prefered to prioritize other games before the expansions. Overall it was good, maybe I was expecting the open sea had a little more to explore. Also the races were fun, it's a shame there's only three. I want to start the Episode Prompto next month.

PD: I forgot but the last chapter is actually better!? Those mini-quests and the new boss make it better and it feels more complete than how it was at launch.

Edited by Jeanoltt

7 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Hi, I only played the royal pack DLC because I prefered to prioritize other games before the expansions. Overall it was good, maybe I was expecting the open sea had a little more to explore. Also the races were fun, it's a shame there's only three. I want to start the Episode Prompto next month.

PD: I forgot but the last chapter is actually better!? Those mini-quests and the new boss make it better and it feels more complete than how it was at launch.

The final chapter is way more impressive. I really appreciate the extra time we get to spend with all the glaives and Cor not to mention we explore even more of the characters motivations. I do think that the last chapter is the one that benefits the most with this DLC.
Oh and if you manage to beat Omega the reward is one of the best in the game!

Edit:
- Hope you had fun with Episode Gladio, remeber that if you beat Cor and beat the time attack with a certain score you'll get a special attire for your bro :P

- as for Prompto... youll see.

Edited by veinte-justo
Add info
  • Like 2