Question about speedrunning trophies.

Hey, so in the future im planning to make an account just to try to get a fast time in the achievers list of this game, my question is what's the best way to go about it? I heard that beating hard unpatched and then updating the game for crushing isn't allowed, and I'm not even sure what trophy issues come from updating the game after beating hard. This is talking about uncharted 1 ps3 version btw.

Sounds bogus to me. Plenty of people played this game unpatched and probably went back and played Crushing right through.

Could be that save files become incompatible after the game is patched, I wouldn't know. I have a Greatest Hits copy that came in the UC1/UC2 double pack.

3 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Sounds bogus to me. Plenty of people played this game unpatched and probably went back and played Crushing right through.

Yeah i think some of the fastest acheivers did it unpatched first, i think hypothetically if i beat hard unpatched and don't grab any treasures i could do 1 run for crushing and treasures, but first i would need conformation from a mod or something to make sure unpatching a game is allowed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Yeah i think some of the fastest acheivers did it unpatched first, i think hypothetically if i beat hard unpatched and don't grab any treasures i could do 1 run for crushing and treasures, but first i would need conformation from a mod or something to make sure unpatching a game is allowed.

Some of the fastest achievers did do the downgrade method for fast times. And you don’t need a mod to tell you whether or not it’s allowed bc it’s already stated in the site’s rules that you can revert to a previous patch in a game without any consequences. Plus there was already an entire dispute about this and that person’s flag for Uncharted was lifted. Just go ahead and play the game unpatched and try for the fastest time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Some of the fastest achievers did do the downgrade method for fast times. And you don’t need a mod to tell you whether or not it’s allowed bc it’s already stated in the site’s rules that you can revert to a previous patch in a game without any consequences.

Yeah ive seen all the people who used the method. When i get the disk version of the game ill give it a go

10 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Unpatched allows you to do one playthrough instead of 2?  

I think it should since you start crushing immediately, but all the fastest acheivers do another treausre run, i think there's something i dont understand so there probably needs to be a 2nd playthrough too

6 hours ago, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Yeah ive seen all the people who used the method. When i get the disk version of the game ill give it a go

Good luck with your attempt(s)!

16 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Unpatched allows you to do one playthrough instead of 2?  

You can play through the unpatched version of the game once to unlock crushing right off the bat when you eventually decide to update the game, from what I understand. So you’re still playing through the game twice technically. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 5:56 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

You can play through the unpatched version of the game once to unlock crushing right off the bat when you eventually decide to update the game, from what I understand. So you’re still playing through the game twice technically. 

Thanks, and yeah twice but only 1 is tracked.

Edited by Rakanthukair1010

On 8/5/2022 at 5:56 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

All done now, decided not to unpatch it and i went through hard avoiding any trophies as much as i could, then i just rushed through everything after i got a trophy in ch 5

Edited by Rakanthukair1010