Training Digimon

so, I haven't played this game since bout '19, but i thought with the release of survive, i would return to this title

With that said, I see why I stopped playing it. I couldn't really figure out much, being 35 hours into the game, On CH2, with Gen 10 Digi 'Boi's Avg. stats being
15KHp 5KMp  600-1400 others (lv 3 stat inheritance perk just acquired) 

my current Digi's are bout 3-5 days old. but I can't seem to get them trained up. I feel that using the gym isn't really benefiting me, Stat gain is still roughly 25-70 per train, depending on the stat (with all lv2 equipment) - don't have enough cash for Lv 3 upgrades, thou each machine's upgrade bar is max.

I have found many many guides suggesting where to go, but my partners can't seem to do much damage to the suggested mobs.  or folk talk'n bout how they had there stats 4k+ by the time there digi's where around age 3-4.

I'm trying to train in Logic Volcano, but the lv 8. meteromon, mobs take ages to kill, as I'm doing 10-150 damage (with specials) and my guy's attack speed, really slow. If it wasn't for their massive HP pool, I wouldn't be out lasting them.  and the shanamon / fugamon mobs only give +1 to stats

I'm rocking a Champion Kabuterimon: 740 str, 1170 sta, 1200 wis, 900 spd 
and a Champion Meicoomon: 12k Hp 5k Mp, 650 str, 1430 sta, 730wis, 700spd

I've also only managed to get to Mega? once, with Metal Guroromon. iirc, but sadly he died almost 10 min later, and was reborn.

with all that said,
where's a good place to train up so i can cont. the story / get high enough stats to aquire DNA Digivolve (Digi battle quest) and all the fun stuff.

I found this guide really useful once I got bored of the gym: 

If you're struggling to do enough damage, maybe just focus on raising attack and the gym, and maybe go after some of the stronger moves you can learn to deal with the mobs. The tamer skills that pass on higher percentages of stats to the next gen are super useful, and eventually you'll find yourself with rookies with better than your early mega stats without any training at all.

• Like 1

yeah, I recall watching that video years ago, and tried to follow it, but I still found myself getting destroyed. (was following it again last night)

just found a old GameFaqs post - and it makes me think my guys are Digivolving too fast - as this guide/tip shows their champions having 3-5k in each stat. - 
I just used some of my remaining funds, to use the food buffs an got my guys rounded out at 1k (min.) each stat. so ill try that video above again, possibly i was just in the wrong section.  map is simple, but sometimes confusing on where everything connects to. 

The best way to train your Digimon is through fighting since the timer doesn't advance but it'll take a couple of generations to reach a state where you can train them back to how they were whenever one dies of old age.
First, the stats your Digimon gets in a fight depends on how high their stats are (a 2k Digimon won't receive much stats if you fight in the beginner area for example), what stage they are (a Champion will receive fewer stats compared to if he was still a Rookie), how strong your opponent is (the higher their level the more stats they give) and what stage they are (if you fight an LVL 10 Champion he'll give you more stats compared to fighting an LVL 15 Rookie). The video provided by JoeNDM is the one I followed and it's a good one to start off since the enemies in there give out some good stats, and are near the start/end of the area so you can respawn them quickly while also not being too powerful.
If one of your Digimon dies of old age and your remaining Digimon is strong enough to solo fights take that chance to power train your newly born one. When your two Digimon are in different stages the lower stage Digimon receives bonus stats when fighting/training.

that's good to know, I was trying to keep my Digimon at the same stage/life cycle, but they are a few days apart now.
Re-following the video, and i think the main issue, was i didn't have enough base stat to handle the areas. I attempted the geremon fights last night and got destroyed.
just came back after getting a few 100 stats. - and im obliterating them - getting +20 wis ea. so not perfect. but its progress.

Slowly testing the waters to see who i can kill quickly for decent stats. -  black gugrumon only gave me some MP - so im heading to try to tackel the lv25 vegi-mon before my guys evolve again to there mega

thanks for the advice guys

*Edit*
Vegimon are the ticket, bout 20 a battle in each category, Just wish meicoonmon would stop getting injured (low Hp in battle..)

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

I'm on the last leg of the platinum, missing only Tamer level 50 and 200 digimons, great game but the grinding is rough, the guy in the video linked explains very well, fighting is by far the best method to level up, you'll eventually recruit Grapleleomon and he can block evolutions in the Dojo level 2, I'll leave a run down I used to train my mons below, with the digimon to train against, location, your level and base status, also you can keep your digimon for almost ever with Renamon colorful mushrooms dish, also keep your crystals never sell them it will save so much time.

*Goblimon and Numenon- old cableway- rookie-150/400

*Garurumon Black- Hallowed Hall- rookie- 400/550

*Psychemon - tower road - rookie- 400/1000

*Garurumon Black - Step Step - rookie-  1000/2300

*Seadramon- Mod Ship 3.0 - rookie/Champion- 2000/3000

*Wargrolmon Orange - East Coast (this one is easier than the ones in control island) - 3000/4200

*Weregarurumon Black - Night Church - Champion  - 4200/5500

With these status you can beat the game easily and for Megas just run the dimension dungeons everyday, since time stops there you can max your status there or if you prefer there's a Metalseadramon in the Ice Temple that is level 55 and will improve your status even in Mega form, it's really up to you, hope it helps.

• Like 1

I'll look into renamon's food I only just started purchasing the dishes when they're hungry for the training bonuses but my current money is like $6,000 now after purchasing quite a few items mainly bandages.

When my guys get reborn again I'll have to follow one of these guys since I think I just got mega and my stats are still only at 1200.

Thanks for the tips

I always just used the gym until my digimon turned into rookies, a bit of focus on strength so they can take out enemies faster. From the moment they were rookies I used to grind the recommended areas, usually leading to them gaining thousands of stats long before they were ever close to turn into champions. The balance in this game is utterly broken and if you use the gym for anything more than your first 2 evolution steps you are making the game needlessly hard and grindy for yourself.

I got one more question about training and stat growth via rebirth. 

When the Digimon is reborn, is the stat bonus accumulative or is it a percentile of their Max stats upon death,

Example, My kabitomon just died and I got a fresh egg with ~1k stamina and about  700-800 of all stats,. I think he was mid. 2k's apon death 

Do these base stats continue to improve upon every generation or is it going to be a fraction of what they currently had.

would a gen 11 reborn Digimon have even more stamina if I pick the egg with stamina (again)  and in a slightly higher improvement previous starting stats ?

54 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I got one more question about training and stat growth via rebirth. 

When the Digimon is reborn, is the stat bonus accumulative or is it a percentile of their Max stats upon death,

Example, My kabitomon just died and I got a fresh egg with ~1k stamina and about  700-800 of all stats,. I think he was mid. 2k's apon death 

Do these base stats continue to improve upon every generation or is it going to be a fraction of what they currently had.

would a gen 11 reborn Digimon have even more stamina if I pick the egg with stamina (again)  and in a slightly higher improvement previous starting stats ?

Your digimon will inherit 14% of the max base status you have ever achieved, example, if you max your status which is 9999 every rebirth from then on will receive a 14% based on that status even if your more recent evolution reached lower status, ofc that percentage I'm assuming you have all tamers bonus.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Your digimon will inherit 14% of the max base status you have ever achieved, example, if you max your status which is 9999 every rebirth from then on will receive a 14% based on that status even if your more recent evolution reached lower status, ofc that percentage I'm assuming you have all tamers bonus.

Awesome good to know,  highest I've gotten was about 5.5-6k with renamon fighting seadramon lol.

Good to know it won't be super terrible to re-grow them, low key wish the bonus % was Abit higher 20% woulda be nice