End day auto save bug

MRTheChez

I tried Googling this issue but there is nothing to fix this bug. At some point in your game you will not be able to end your game (aka auto save after a day work). Instead your game will crash, and your save will be bricked.

Things I tried:

- Playing at 720p

- Cancel all work orders

- selling full inventory

I doubt that this game will get another update, it's buggy as hell after years of progress (in-game)

The latest patch is nightmare and broken beyond anything. I already lose 20 hrs gameplay in total and  250k money for this patch. 
Auto saving loop keeps happening. Number of save slot down from 4 to 1 slot and cannot save more than one slot right now. Saving have a chance to corrupt and rollback end up losing time and money. 

if you can wait, I suggest you wait for the patch but that might take you waiting time maybe next year. Support don’t help, keep bouncing back between Epic game support “go ask itregular” and irregular “we no longer monitoring here”. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, avatary1985 said:

The latest patch is nightmare and broken beyond anything. I already lose 20 hrs gameplay in total and  250k money for this patch. 
Auto saving loop keeps happening. Number of save slot down from 4 to 1 slot and cannot save more than one slot right now. Saving have a chance to corrupt and rollback end up losing time and money. 

if you can wait, I suggest you wait for the patch but that might take you waiting time maybe next year. Support don’t help, keep bouncing back between Epic game support “go ask itregular” and irregular “we no longer monitoring here”. 

Hope they can patch the problem so we can resume our progress, besically if they remove the auto-save feature it would already help a lot. But again there is nothing we can do but wait sadly

I used to have this problem too. I had contacted them about it and it has to do with max save file size limit

how many save slots do you use? I used to have several and had to switch back to one to not exceed the limit. 

example, i the max size they allow is 100mb. I you create 4 save files, those 4 can only be 25mb each

stupid i know, but it is what it is

i also made sure not to complete many orders at once, but only having 1 save file worked for me to get the plat a few years ago

Here’s some guide to avoid all the bugs:
- never order a blank PC case for PCBay. This will eventually create an end day saving loop in one point. Only order for “broken” one. 

- When saving the game. Make sure your total number of save files is below 5. Best number is only 2 slots and when you about to save, delete that save first then save. This will help saving more reliably and not roll back. 

- Do not order large number of cases. 10 cases is fine. Order too much case in one time might cause end day saving loop. Also, do not buy 100+ parts in one go or the game might crash on check out

- for 100% safe from end day saving loop. Look at the calendar and inspect which day is the last day you will get a pc delivered then advance to that day and save the game+backup on cloud so your save will clean, no pc in-transit. You can do this every $100,000 milestone. 

If you hit by those nasty auto save loop. Unfortunately, there is no better way to fix this right now. I can guide you to next day but it will still glitched and will keep building up more problems. you can still get to next day by filled up all 8 PC slot. 

Best way is to wait for fix or restart from your back up then do as I suggested to avoid all bugs at all cost or you’ll waste 20hrs and 250k money like me or even worst is lose your save or blocked by saving loop bug. 

Edited by avatary1985

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...