How to play on a Digital-only PS5?

No, when I played before it was through another account, so I don't own it :,(

I was hoping for a way to maybe install the disc version of the game (which I heard is still available to buy) in an external drive (through a friend's PS4 or disc-PS5), then use it to play in my digital-PS5. Not sure if this would work

41 minutes ago, gsouza994 said:

No, when I played before it was through another account, so I don't own it :,(

I was hoping for a way to maybe install the disc version of the game (which I heard is still available to buy) in an external drive (through a friend's PS4 or disc-PS5), then use it to play in my digital-PS5. Not sure if this would work

That won't work at all I'm afraid, because you still need the disc to actually play the game :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only way that might work is if you add your account to their console, then plug in your own external hard drive and install the game to it from the disc.

Surely it would still require the disc for this to work though if it's anything like the PS4?

Disc based games on the PS4 still required the disc in the tray even once they're installed. I don't know though, I have a digital PS5 myself and I bought Digimon through the store when it was still up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

Surely it would still require the disc for this to work though if it's anything like the PS4?

Disc based games on the PS4 still required the disc in the tray even once they're installed. I don't know though, I have a digital PS5 myself and I bought Digimon through the store when it was still up.

Ugh, you're right - I'm a complete idiot ? - this won't work at all! Unfortunately, the OP's only legal options are to either buy a cheap second hand PS4 or trade in their Digital PS5 and get one with a Disc Drive installed :(.

• 4 weeks later...