How Is This Game Now Compared To How It Was?

MrTacoNinja

Every review I've watched/read was from a year ago or longer. I'd imagine something's changed by now for the better... I hope? None of the reviews exactly painted this game in the best light so are there any recent players out there willing to share their thoughts?

• 2 months later...

Hi !

The game is running well and there is no pb anymore.

However, it is much longer that before.... winning in less than 2 hours is impossible because you can't attack a safehouse that is not connected with a sector that you control.

Morevover, it is hidden until you have taken ennemies sectors... so the platinum which was around 50 hours is now around 100+ hours, probably....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lucask001 said:

Hi !

The game is running well and there is no pb anymore.

However, it is much longer that before.... winning in less than 2 hours is impossible because you can't attack a safehouse that is not connected with a sector that you control.

Morevover, it is hidden until you have taken ennemies sectors... so the platinum which was around 50 hours is now around 100+ hours, probably....

What if you play it unpatched via the physical disc?

• 2 weeks later...

abit of a bump.  I haven't played this in a while, but i can say the combat in 1.00 was a bit buggy, but it was super easy to pop the character related trophys quickly - (thinking bout returning to this game, it was a fun little Gangster Xcom title, Reminded me of that mafia game that bombed hard on Xbox (Cant recall its name atm)

On 10/27/2022 at 5:49 PM, lucask001 said:

That original version is full of bugs and problems… not really a good idea probably :( 

But just for the sake of the safehouse trophy would it not be feasible, better and obviously a hell of a lot faster compared to playing to get it how it is now?

If you play via disc, completely unpatched, you'll get a gameplay mechanic that drove me completely nuts - assuming the disc version equals the original download (I managed to play some hours before the day 1 patch). 
Originally weapons had a duration value and could break. You had to bring kits into battle and all.

With the day 1 patch they removed that and changed a lot of things. But both variants are pretty bugged. 
But it was possible to finish a match within roughly 2 hours back then.

12 hours ago, Jjos said:

If you play via disc, completely unpatched, you'll get a gameplay mechanic that drove me completely nuts - assuming the disc version equals the original download (I managed to play some hours before the day 1 patch). 
Originally weapons had a duration value and could break. You had to bring kits into battle and all.

With the day 1 patch they removed that and changed a lot of things. But both variants are pretty bugged. 
But it was possible to finish a match within roughly 2 hours back then.

Within 2 hours you were able to find the safehouse and kill a boss?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

10 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Within 2 hours you were able to find the safehouse and kill a boss?

Within 2 hours I was able to complete a whole game with killing every boss.

On the day I earned the plat I was getting 5 "win with char X" trophies within 8 hours (it was a Saturday or Sunday).

Back when the lowest setting was I believe 3 neighbourhoods and 7 players. With storming straight to every HQ one could finish quite quick. The only point was to save often cause of several crashes and game breaking bugs.

And while going for all win trophies, you are more than likely to get all kill trophies too.

Edit: 

This is how I played back when, with the day 1 patch installed. Not sure if it'd work without any patch and the weapons breaking...

Edited by Jjos

On 11/8/2022 at 10:19 AM, Jjos said:

Within 2 hours I was able to complete a whole game with killing every boss.

On the day I earned the plat I was getting 5 "win with char X" trophies within 8 hours (it was a Saturday or Sunday).

Back when the lowest setting was I believe 3 neighbourhoods and 7 players. With storming straight to every HQ one could finish quite quick. The only point was to save often cause of several crashes and game breaking bugs.

And while going for all win trophies, you are more than likely to get all kill trophies too.

Edit: 

This is how I played back when, with the day 1 patch installed. Not sure if it'd work without any patch and the weapons breaking...

So I can bang them all out rather quickly then, eh? Disc version + not installing the patches = win-win?