Collectibles Bug

Monochrome

Just a heads up about the collectibles - you have to gather all 13 in one playthrough for the trophies to pop. Once you pick up the collectibles, they don't show up again, even in new playthroughs. You have to delete your save and start over for them to pop, otherwise you're locked out of the two trophies.

Edited by Monochrome
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

That is true, however you shouldnt have to start a new game as no collectable is truly missable because near the end when you have trapped the clown, you dont see the clown again and you essentially have free roam. 

The point of no return is when you ride the ferris wheel at the end so just dont get on that until your 13 collectables trophy unlocks. 

(You can open the gate to the ferris wheel, as the last collectable is by the ferris control panel. Just dont board the ride. My last collectable I had missed was actually in a box in the bit where the dog was.)

So yea when you have trapped the clown near the end you can run around freely looking for your last collectables, just make sure not to board the ferris wheel until you are ready to end the game. ("Labyrinth" section cannot be revisited, but that is fine as there are no collectables there.)

For what it was I actually pretty enjoyed this little indie, was a decent first game effort 🙂 just bought the sequel to have a look at 👍

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

The very first collectible for me is not there - the clown-in-a-box, on top of the drawer where we pick up the key.  This game is too dark, even the sequel.  The game has no adjustment for brightness in both games.

Spoiler

Saw how the clown-in-a-box shimmer just like the gold coins and there was definitely no clown collectible in the spawning room.  The video I am basing this on is on XBox so hopefully the collectibles are placed differently on the PlayStation - saw this being the case with the ammo in Death Park 2, also by the same video XBox creator.  I hope it is not a bug on my end.

As for Death Park, Part 1 is a lot better than Part 2 in my opinion.  The sequel felt more like it should have been an expansion to the original.  The closet hiding mechanic gave me the Alien: Isolation vibe and I absolutely loved that game! DP1 even copied the heartbeat radar (not 100% accurate).  This game though seems a tad difficult than the follow-up title. 

Right now that bloody Discount Pennywise clown is camping in front of the closet, lurking around like a shark that smelled blood.

Edited by Eispan
... the bastard will not leave me alone!