Possible to start with online first?

Empovyle

Hi guys, I'm interested in starting this game since the PS3 version is dying soon and I'm looking to get to work on the Truly Awesome grind early. I've never played this game before and only a little bit of Origins so I'm a bit confused. From what I'm reading you have to get a set amount of points to reach level 11 awesomeness, and only a small fraction of that is from the online, so is it possible to get all the online points first before doing any of the singleplayer? Also, if I have all the points from online achieved by the time the server shuts down, would it be possible to get the rest of the singleplayer points + the trophy done offline?

Just now, Evil_Joker88 said:

You can't get the online stuff before the offline stuff. You have to play several story missions to unlock access to all 4 online challenges on which you have to participate probably 3 months of daily activity to rrach max awesomeness

So after those couple story missions it should be good to go all the way to however many points are needed on the online mode? Seems to be around 1,800 points needed. I do want to play the offline eventually but I actually wanted to finish Origins first, and I dunno when I'll find the free space to fit that in from my backlog, lol. The whole story mode would have been too much at the moment but just a few intro missions to unlock online will be fine. Thanks for the response.

Hi,

Being at level 4 or 5 (I do not remember) is required to be able to play the online challenges so you will have play some offline modes first.

Reaching level 11 of awesomeness requires 2000 extra points from level 10. You need to get those 2000 points playing the daily/weekly challenges. They can be obtained anytime, as soon as you can access to the online challenges (you can start earning them being level 8 for instance, the most important is to get 2000 points with the daily/weekly challenges).

A bronze medal gives you 1 points, a silver 5 points, a gold 10 points and diamond 50 points. Diamond is out of reach for a beginner but with time and practice you should get gold often.

I played the PS3 version years ago and often got at least one gold and one silver per day (15 points) but sometimes it takes several tries to get the gold and can be annoying.

I think the best option is to aim two silver medals per day. It should only take between 5 and 10 minutes per day for both daily challenges. You would get fewer points and reaching level 11 would be longer but it is less frustrating and time consuming than trying to get gold medal everyday. Playing this way you may even get some gold medals sometimes.

I ignore if you talk about the PS3 or PS4 version but if it is PS3 version, it is probably too late even if you get two diamond medals everyday.

Hope it helps

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FebuKev said:

Hi,

Being at level 4 or 5 (I do not remember) is required to be able to play the online challenges so you will have play some offline modes first.

Reaching level 11 of awesomeness requires 2000 extra points from level 10. You need to get those 2000 points playing the daily/weekly challenges. They can be obtained anytime, as soon as you can access to the online challenges (you can start earning them being level 8 for instance, the most important is to get 2000 points with the daily/weekly challenges).

A bronze medal gives you 1 points, a silver 5 points, a gold 10 points and diamond 50 points. Diamond is out of reach for a beginner but with time and practice you should get gold often.

I played the PS3 version years ago and often got at least one gold and one silver per day (15 points) but sometimes it takes several tries to get the gold and can be annoying.

I think the best option is to aim two silver medals per day. It should only take between 5 and 10 minutes per day for both daily challenges. You would get fewer points and reaching level 11 would be longer but it is less frustrating and time consuming than trying to get gold medal everyday. Playing this way you may even get some gold medals sometimes.

I ignore if you talk about the PS3 or PS4 version but if it is PS3 version, it is probably too late even if you get two diamond medals everyday.

Hope it helps

Thanks so much for the detailed response. Yeah this is for PS4, I wouldn't touch the PS3 or Vita versions with a 10ft pole lol, especially Vita. I've read too many horror stories about the diamond cup trophy over the years. PS4 seems pretty straightforward, as long as I can play every day the 2000 points will come in due time. I'm going to go ahead and order the game today and get started ?

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

The servers are shutting down in less than a week. It is completely impossible for you to be able to get enough points from the online challenges in that small amount of a time.

I thought that the PS3 version is the only one shutting down, PS4 is safe. If thats not the case then yeah I'll just forget about playing any version of the game entirely.

Edited by Empovyle

3 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

I thought that the PS3 version is the only one shutting down, PS4 is safe. If thats not the case then yeah I'll just forget about playing any version of the game entirely.

I realised after posting that you were asking about the PS4 version and not the PS3 one, so I removed my post. The servers for the PS4 version are not shutting down for the time being, so you are safe to start that one.

• Like 1

yes, but if you dont have any points, the only challenge you have unlocked is: daily challenge. Achieving 2nd awesomeness will unlock you weekly challenge, 5th awesomeness: daily extreme chal and 7th awesomeness (800? points). weekly extreme chall. If you want to do it, on my place (you can do it too) i would play story mode first to get those 800 points from paintings, then start to play challenges, and while playing challenges, unlock and complete all of story mode (4134 points)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Empovyle said:

Thanks so much for the detailed response. Yeah this is for PS4, I wouldn't touch the PS3 or Vita versions with a 10ft pole lol, especially Vita. I've read too many horror stories about the diamond cup trophy over the years. PS4 seems pretty straightforward, as long as I can play every day the 2000 points will come in due time. I'm going to go ahead and order the game today and get started 1f604.png

dont worry about vita, vita isnt too "scary" platform to play XD. The only problem about servers is: they can shutdown everytime, even on 1st september 2022, but change is very small. Glitched murfy distances, where diamond cup is  literally free for 95%-99% players usually appear 2-4 times per year (there can be even more, beacuse those glitched murfys are just a set of 2 specific obstacles, which means there can be even more glitched murfys per year, but yeah, 2-4 is average) which means while you play vita version, there should be at least one glitched murfy dist challenge. You can also get trophy by getting 4095.43m on other glitched murfy dist, any of the distance, or hardest: speed/lums challenges. Few peoples got mad at me (like poeman553, and someone else), and im pretty sure also on others like romance, marcelchi, zonyi, arkiokin, eozvar etc, beacuse every of us can took 99% of diamonds on specific challenges (like arkiokin the vita legend of distances, or me/romance/eozvar on speed/lums challenges!)

• Like 1