Keep getting kicked out of Tournament Mode

First time I entered a tournament it worked just find, but the second time when it started 'finalising match up', I then seemed to get kicked out of the room and it said 'could not establish tournament'. Since the tournaments are only at the weekend, I then had to wait a week to try again. Exactly the same thing happened. I joined shortly after the 15 minutes when it starts accepting entries, waited in the room until it started 'finalising match up' and then got kicked out again, saying  'could not establish tournament'.

Does this happen to anyone else? Why does this happen? Is there anyway to prevent it from happening?

• Like 1

Okay, so this is interesting; I didn't get kicked out this time and it was in the second out of the three tournaments events that take place during the weekend. The second tournament was the one I was able to get into last week, while I got kicked out of the others. I don't know if it has something to do with that particular scheduled tournament or the fact that in both instances I was able to play warm up matches (the other times no one played a warm up match with me and just went 'away') that made the difference. I would be interested to read what other people's experiences with this mode has been like.

• Like 1

Sounds like the conditions are random then, or based on your location. I think it is a similar thing as to what happens in the ranked matches room, the only difference being that with ranked matches you can go straight back to searching, whereas with tournaments you then have to wait ages for the next one.

I don't know if maybe there is a limit to how many people can join and if there are too many you get booted, but if that's the case it should be first come first serve rather than kicking out people who have been waiting the whole fifteen minutes.

It was annoying last week since since I reached 9/10 matches that I needed, and just had to get that one more. Fortunately I've got it now and I don't have to hassle myself with tournaments anymore.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm going through this too. This kicked me out for no damn reason, if I knew that these trophies would be so much hassle then I'd never even play to begin with. I have to wait till 21:00 from 12:00 now to see if I'll kicked again. Its such a joke that they do this.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just tried a tournament foe the 1st time, it would put me on a room then kick me out of it. Goes on a loop doing the same for a couple times, then I got into my own lobby, no one else joined.

When the timer ended, did the same, adding me to a room and then kicking me out till I got the error than I couldn't join any.

Guess I will have a blast with this one...

Edit: Tried again the 2nd one of the day, this time I was in a lobby with 3 people, waited the 15 minutes, kicked me again before it started

Edited by MichMasteR
  • Like 1

Imma be testing some theories for these. I’m wondering if it’s just glitched or if there’s some underlying factor behind it.

My only guess is that it’s specific tournament times. I was never able to join the 3 o’clock one even back when it was still in a beta phase. Imma be testing out the 6am and midnight times and see what’s up. It’s such a bummer that I missed this morning’s session by 5 minutes because I was playing Pokémon go xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same issue and yet my friend has been able to connect fine. This is the 3rd time I have been kicked from a tournament even with being in empty rooms, full rooms, playing warm up matches etc, tried on both Ps4 and Ps5. I'm in the uk so my times are 12 and 9 on Saturday and 6am on Sunday's, only tried the Saturday ones so far. My friend is from a different region/Poland, we were even in the same room a couple of times and yet I still got kicked when he didn't. Very frustrating.

• Like 1

Can confirm it works, thanks to Roronora_Zoro666 for sticking around checking if it was glitched. You got to keep trying until you get lucky that no one disconnects from the lobby when it finalizes the search. Got kicked from the first 2 last weekend. then tried the last tournament of the day and that one did work. It's really annoying indeed

If you can get your friend to join I think that helps, had more luck when Roronora joined the lobbies than when I did it solo

Edited by MichMasteR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Tournament trophies seem to be unobtainable

Everytime when i join lobby that has people in it i get kicked out

I kept trying whole 20 minutes to get into one without any luck

I have tried the 3pm and 9am tournaments and had to skip midnight one

I also tried to stay on my empty lobby last time but no one was able to join me

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 2:05 AM, xAleksi22 said:

Tournament trophies seem to be unobtainable

Everytime when i join lobby that has people in it i get kicked out

I kept trying whole 20 minutes to get into one without any luck

I have tried the 3pm and 9am tournaments and had to skip midnight one

I also tried to stay on my empty lobby last time but no one was able to join me

Same for me. There’s not enough activity in the room to actually create a tournament (I think you need 8 people). Please message me if anyone wants to give this a try on the next one (5 PM EST), which I set up a boosting session for.

1 hour ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Same for me. There’s not enough activity in the room to actually create a tournament (I think you need 8 people). Please message me if anyone wants to give this a try on the next one (5 PM EST), which I set up a boosting session for.

That's not true there's lot of activity

There's always over 100 players on tournaments but it doesn't let me join them

• 3 months later...