Is Decked Out even possible now if you haven't played much before?

Chettlar

With how much time is left and with 32 characters in the game, and now no way to purchase lootboxes, I don't know if this trophy is even physically possible.  I haven't played very much of the game on playstation.  Only PC.  You only get 3 items per lootbox, and some of them are neutral like Player Icons, and they're usually fairly distributed across all 32 characters.

Does anyone know if Overwatch League skins count?  Is it possible those will go away before October?  If so, it'd be expensive but if you somehow got a character up to 30 items, you could buy the remaining 20 from league.

Is there anything else I'm missing?  As far as I know I can get at least lootbox a day from Arcade, and then three per week for wins, and then of course one per level.  

If we say just sort of conservatively I get 1 a day from arcade + 3 a week, that's around ehh 42. Then let's say I get to level 50.  92.  That's 276 items, across 32 characters (since it average disperses among them), and ignoring that some are character neutral, that only adds around 8 or 9 to each character.  Well I only have about 8-10 per character right now.  So optimistically if I get like 20 on one character, and I can add 20 to that character from league (a skin from each team), that still leaves me a whopping 10 short.

I'm not sure I can make this happen.

First thing first, you only 1 need character to have 50 unlocks. You do not to need all 32 characters to have at least 50 unlocks each.

Its 100% possible. I did not spend a single dime other than buying the game itself and did not buy any loot boxes other then the ones you get free from leveling up or playing the game. I was only level 38 or so and had amass about 6k of coins from playing nothing but flex quick play and opening up loot boxes from my levels. My Genji had only 11 unlocks before I went for the trophy. I went and bought all the character specific sprays and voice lines and a few other junk. Pretty much anything less then 250 coins I bought up. The sprays and voice lines are about 25/75 coins each I believe. I easily got 50 item unlock and a boat load of coins left over to cash in. 

I would say at least 2-3k of coins and the loot boxes from leveling up to close to level 50 will easily push you to the 50 items for a single character.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778
  • Like 1

You could start from scratch and get decked out in a day or 2 if you really tried. Maybe even less. You'll get A LOT of loot boxes when a low level as you're leveling up every 2 or 3 games. You have a good chance of getting gold in those and with sprays and voice lines only costing 25 and 75 gold, you can get 50 for 1 character very easily. Just choose someone who has the most already unlocked and then start buying their personal sprays and voice lines. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

First thing first, you only 1 need character to have 50 unlocks. You do not to need all 32 characters to have at least 50 unlocks each.

Its 100% possible. I did not spend a single dime other than buying the game itself and did not buy any loot boxes other then the ones you get free from leveling up or playing the game. I was only level 38 or so and had amass about 6k of coins from playing nothing but flex quick play and opening up loot boxes from my levels. My Genji had only 11 unlocks before I went for the trophy. I went and bought all the character specific sprays and voice lines and a few other junk. Pretty much anything less then 250 coins I bought up. The sprays and voice lines are about 25/75 coins each I believe. I easily got 50 item unlock and a boat load of coins left over to cash in. 

I would say at least 2-3k of coins and the loot boxes from leveling up to close to level 50 will easily push you to the 50 items for a single character.

Only reason I brought up all characters was because the drops from the lootboxes themselves end up spreading themselves evenly across all characters.  Like there's no way to focus them into one.

I totally forgot you could buy voicelines and stuff.  

I do have a few characters at 11 items.  If that worked for you I could try.  Right now I have about 2000 gold. I'll give it a shot.  Thank you

7 hours ago, Riiszk said:

You could start from scratch and get decked out in a day or 2 if you really tried. Maybe even less. You'll get A LOT of loot boxes when a low level as you're leveling up every 2 or 3 games. You have a good chance of getting gold in those and with sprays and voice lines only costing 25 and 75 gold, you can get 50 for 1 character very easily. Just choose someone who has the most already unlocked and then start buying their personal sprays and voice lines. 

Yeah, I guess I was thinking like, well surely "already unlocked" of like about 11 wasn't enough.  u_mad_bro is saying he started a character at around 11, so I guess I wasn't thinking right.

Appreciate both your help.  Juggling like 4 games rn.

EDIT: so I went and looked and Mei has a TON of sprays.  She also has the most items of any character.  I also got lucky with her in that I had already a few gold and pink skins just from the free event boxes, so I was actually at 13 for her already.  Bought the sprays I didn't already have and it put me at 45.  Idk why I even worried.  Thanks guys.

Edited by Chettlar
  • Like 1

Don't spend the gold on anything else than sprays for one character and you can get it sprays are the cheapest option to go for character unlockables if for some reason you get all the sprays and still don't have enough for the trophy then go for all the cheap options in all other categories