DLC needed for Platinum?

IRONHIDE-3044

It's extremely rare for DLC to be needed to earn a Platinum and whilst there are exceptions, this isn't one of them so no, you don't need to buy any DLC to get the Plat. EDIT: I was dead wrong, this game is one of the rare exceptions so does need DLC for the Plat :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It's extremely rare for DLC to be needed to earn a Platinum and whilst there are exceptions, this isn't one of them so no, you don't need to buy any DLC to get the Plat.

Yes but i buy all buses but trophy not pop up and remains only buses to must buy in ps store.

6 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I have the trophy set completed & can confirm that unfortunately, you do indeed have to buy the DLC to get the platinum. Thankfully it goes on sale a fair bit & I think that's the correct course of action once the initial shock subsides & the vomit has been wiped away.

In that case, I stand corrected - I was unaware of this game being one of the exceptions to the no DLC rule :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Yeah it's pretty raw. They ended up giving all the dlc busses away in Bus Driver Simulator Countryside in a patch but that also greatly increased the grind & that one is still unobtainable anyway. Somehow the actual game is not too bad at all though. Between the DLC extortion of the first one & the broken trophies of the countryside version it's all a bit of a shit really.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I have the trophy set completed & can confirm that unfortunately, you do indeed have to buy the DLC to get the platinum. Thankfully it goes on sale a fair bit & I think that's the correct course of action once the initial shock subsides & the vomit has been wiped away.

That's terrible, something like that should be forbidden. Thanks for the information. Not only that this game is a total disaster, now that too. Outrageous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

great, thanks for the info, I thought so too, because I have already bought all the other buses, but I didn't get the trophy. so I needed to check it somewhere so that I didn't needlessly buy those buses from the ps store. ok, I'll wait when they're on sale, I was unlucky, they were there when I bought the game, but I thought I didn't need them. ok thanks again for the info

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2022 at 2:10 PM, Antiristus said:

What DLCs are required for the plat?

The DLCs are all on sale for 33p-99p on the UK PSN store (all of the 6 DLC packs cost £3.40 all together at these prices) so they're all cheaper than chips until Jan 6th 2023. I'm buying all of the DLC anyway, so I'd assume all of the DLC is needed.

On 07/09/2022 at 1:27 PM, IRONHIDE-3044 said:

great, thanks for the info, I thought so too, because I have already bought all the other buses, but I didn't get the trophy. so I needed to check it somewhere so that I didn't needlessly buy those buses from the ps store. ok, I'll wait when they're on sale, I was unlucky, they were there when I bought the game, but I thought I didn't need them. ok thanks again for the info

Letting you know they're on sale until 6th Jan 2023 if you don't have them already ;) 

Edited by StygianWolf4

2 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

The DLCs are all on sale for 33p-99p on the UK PSN store (all of the 6 DLC packs cost £3.40 all together at these prices) so they're all cheaper than chips until Jan 6th 2023. I'm buying all of the DLC anyway, so I'd assume all of the DLC is needed.

Too bad my version is the EU version, so those DLCs wouldn't work for me.

3 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

I'm in the UK, so it should be on sale in your region too. 

There are some buses for sale in EU PSN too, apparently. It would help to know exactly what I need to buy to achieve Platinum so I don't end up buying anything more than I absolutely need to.

41 minutes ago, Antiristus said:

There are some buses for sale in EU PSN too, apparently. It would help to know exactly what I need to buy to achieve Platinum so I don't end up buying anything more than I absolutely need to.

Based on previous responses, I'm under the assumption that all 6 DLC packs must be purchased but @Drag-On-Detritus might have more of an idea than I do since they've played the game. (I haven't played it yet but I plan to, and purchased all the DLC packs today since they're on sale and came here to let other people know just in case) 

• Like 2