Glitched 'story' trophies? (Solved, maybe?)

JohnCenaSong-

Just wondering if anyone else has had the 'defeat boss' trophies not unlock? I had just beaten Heket (no damage) and neither trophy unlocked. I tried going back in to redo the fight (this time I took damage though) and the trophy for defeating Heket still did not unlock.

Does anyone have a possible solution? Should I start from scratch now? Keep trying to redo the fight?

EDIT: Potential solution found. I did some troubleshooting and have found a way to replicate the issue and thus perhaps avoid the issue.

When collecting a bunch of resources at once (to the point where the game laggs) it seems as if it can somehow trigger some trophy unlocks to fail entirely in that session. The easiest way I found to trigger this effect seems to be to use the Ritual of Enrichment. If you're concerned after using this ritual that trophies may not unlock going forwards, save the game and just close/re-open the application. The trophies were seemingly merely bugged for that session and not the save file itself or anything. As a precaution I thought to save before key expected trophy unlocks and just reload the game to make sure they pop and haven't had an issue with them since.

This appears to affect any trophy. Though some can be triggered again such as redoing a boss fight, and for me catching any fish would trigger the catching of all fish again when it didn't pop the first time (I never even realised I had already met that criteria). But some may not be easy to just trigger again, such as perhaps unlocking all of something? (Haven't checked since they unlocked fine for me first time).

I didn't put much time into it, I'm not particularly concerned about trophies myself but as these were seemingly unavoidable story I didn't want to somehow get a flag for out of order bosses and the like so I thought I'd try find out what's wrong and avoid that. 

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 6:30 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

Just wondering if anyone else has had the 'defeat boss' trophies not unlock? I had just beaten Heket (no damage) and neither trophy unlocked. I tried going back in to redo the fight (this time I took damage though) and the trophy for defeating Heket still did not unlock.

Does anyone have a possible solution? Should I start from scratch now? Keep trying to redo the fight?

EDIT: Potential solution found. I did some troubleshooting and have found a way to replicate the issue and thus perhaps avoid the issue.

When collecting a bunch of resources at once (to the point where the game laggs) it seems as if it can somehow trigger some trophy unlocks to fail entirely in that session. The easiest way I found to trigger this effect seems to be to use the Ritual of Enrichment. If you're concerned after using this ritual that trophies may not unlock going forwards, save the game and just close/re-open the application. The trophies were seemingly merely bugged for that session and not the save file itself or anything. As a precaution I thought to save before key expected trophy unlocks and just reload the game to make sure they pop and haven't had an issue with them since.

This appears to affect any trophy. Though some can be triggered again such as redoing a boss fight, and for me catching any fish would trigger the catching of all fish again when it didn't pop the first time (I never even realised I had already met that criteria). But some may not be easy to just trigger again, such as perhaps unlocking all of something? (Haven't checked since they unlocked fine for me first time).

I didn't put much time into it, I'm not particularly concerned about trophies myself but as these were seemingly unavoidable story I didn't want to somehow get a flag for out of order bosses and the like so I thought I'd try find out what's wrong and avoid that. 

Half of trophies are glitched for me story trophies, collect all weapons, Gospel trophy....omg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to get plat for ps4 version months ago. It bugged out on me, probably because of ritual of enrichment. I abandonded it, and now decided fuck it, I'll do it now, especially since there were few patches now. 

Well, the bug is still there. If you get a lot of any resources on the screen and the game lags, you can kiss your trophies goodbye. It allowed me to close out the game and reload it in two cases (I used ritual of enrichment before playing last knucklebones game, trophy didn't pop, closed the game and replayed last part and it did pop) The thing is, whenever I wanted to finish upgrading my curses and go to say my sermon- it gives me so much resources and it lags anyway. 

It's so weird, I got ps5 plat without any issues, but ps4 is like actively fighting me