5* Playtrough plat possible or..?

Sk1pper_Oz

Hi, relatively simple question; I have just finished the game with Chris, knife only, saving everybody. I have noticed in the end tho I did it on Normal, instead of Easy/Very Easy like the guide suggested. So I have unlocked already the "Real Survivor" difficulty. My question is: did I save myself some playtrough or is the same and I should just go back and stick to the guide to optimise everything?

I was thinking now to go for a Jill - Very Easy - Pick up everything - No Save game - Save everyone playtrough.

Then Jill real survivor saving no one. 

Very Easy - Invisible Enemies with Chris

Then Chris, speed run no save anyone. 

But that would add up to just 5 playtrough instead of the 6 the guide suggest. Is there anything I'm missing? ?

Thank you in advance for the help! ?

Edited by Sk1pper_Oz

2 hours ago, Sk1pper_Oz said:

Jill - Very Easy - Pick up everything - No Save game - Save everyone playtrough.

I will not suggest doing this 2 together on Very Easy, since Very Easy has more items than others difficulty, so you need more time to manage your inventory, and imagine you died during boulder chase or one hit killed by hunter, you have to start over again.  

I optimise the run for you: 

1. Real survivor with Jill, pick up eveything (items are lesser on Hard mode, so it will be easier to do), save nobody.

2. Invisible mode on Very Easy with Chris, save nobody. (You can try speedrun in this playthrough)

3. Lastly, Jill speedrun and no save on Very Easy. Save everyone.

2 hours ago, Sk1pper_Oz said:

But that would add up to just 5 playtrough instead of the 6 the guide suggest

Like you said, it is just suggestion, minimum 3 playthrough will be enough to platinum. (Depends on skill)

Edited by James Tiger
  • Like 2

to add to the comment before me, there is also one other way, how I did it, so you can choose what sounds best to you:

Jill, save everyone and collect everything - you can do it on very easy, but this will mean there are more items to collect, which is why I would recommend normal at least.
Jill, the real survivor, speedrun, save no one - is 100% doable. I didn't expect it to be possible, that's why I went on a break for half an hour, only to realise that I'm 2 minutes over 3 hours at the end. bruh. My mate did it last week, messed up a few steps and was still through at 2:30.
Lastly invisible enemies, chris, very easy, save no one, and don't save.

So now you have two plans to choose from.

Also, how the hell did you do the catacomb crimson zombie on normal with a knife. He was tough enough on very easy knife only

Edited by Sezzuyasha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sezzuyasha said:

to add to the comment before me, there is also one other way, how I did it, so you can choose what sounds best to you:

Jill, save everyone and collect everything - you can do it on very easy, but this will mean there are more items to collect, which is why I would recommend normal at least.
Jill, the real survivor, speedrun, save no one - is 100% doable. I didn't expect it to be possible, that's why I went on a break for half an hour, only to realise that I'm 2 minutes over 3 hours at the end. bruh. My mate did it last week, messed up a few steps and was still through at 2:30.
Lastly invisible enemies, chris, very easy, save no one, and don't save.

So now you have two plans to choose from.

Also, how the hell did you do the catacomb crimson zombie on normal with a knife. He was tough enough on very easy knife only

Thank you for the hints. I'll try to find out what way is the ideal for me between what you and @James Tiger suggested. The crimson was kinda long to take down but not too hard, I tried to force him to do reverse attacks by standing behind him, and by dodging that you definitely have enough time to stab him safely. 

• Like 1

one more thing, which might add to your decision: Pausing the game will still keep the timer running on the speedrun. You might want to watch a speedrun, making notes beforehand. which is why it may be more effective for you to do it outside of the no save run, like i did. so that whenever you save, you can close the game completely and prepare for the next part.

Edited by Sezzuyasha

23 hours ago, James Tiger said:

I will not suggest doing this 2 together on Very Easy, since Very Easy has more items than others difficulty, so you need more time to manage your inventory, and imagine you died during boulder chase or one hit killed by hunter, you have to start over again.  

I optimise the run for you: 

1. Real survivor with Jill, pick up eveything (items are lesser on Hard mode, so it will be easier to do), save nobody.

2. Invisible mode on Very Easy with Chris, save nobody. (You can try speedrun in this playthrough)

3. Lastly, Jill speedrun and no save on Very Easy. Save everyone.

Like you said, it is just suggestion, minimum 3 playthrough will be enough to platinum. (Depends on skill)

Hey I ended up following your order. (Only difference i saved everybody on my Real Survivor Jill run) now i have 1 question tho; if i speed run the game on very easy will i get the trophy for unlocking all the weapons? 

39 minutes ago, Sk1pper_Oz said:

Hey I ended up following your order. (Only difference i saved everybody on my Real Survivor Jill run) now i have 1 question tho; if i speed run the game on very easy will i get the trophy for unlocking all the weapons? 

Oh right, as you mentioned it, you must speedrun the game on normal or harder to unlock the infinite rocket launcher. Very easy or easy can’t unlock.

• 7 months later...

How I did it was this:

1st Chris - Very Easy - Save Everyone - Knife Only

2nd Chris - Normal - Don't save anyone - Don't stop running

3rd Jill - Real Survivor - Save everyone - Every nook and cranny

4th Jill - Invisible Very Easy - Don't save anyone - No saves

This was my first time playing, so if I had prior exposure I would've done something more like this:

1st Chris - Normal - Save Everyone - Every Nook and Cranny - Knife Only

2nd Jill - Real survival - Save Everyone - Don't stop running - Restart from right before the catacombs for the every woman for herself trophy 

3rd Chris - Invisible Very Easy - Don't Save Anyone - No Saves

It may be tempting to save the knife only run for later, but you're going to have a way easier time with it in the first run since it's going to otherwise be on the hardest mode, or with invisible enemies. You're going to want to make sure some of those hunters are dead because they can kill you in one hit, so having guns for them is very useful. For Jill's run, it's good to time yourself and use segments like a checkpoint. You might be able to get the don't stop running trophy after saving everyone, but you might need the extra time you get by restarting and not saving anyone. I definitely wouldn't recommend trying a no saves and don't stop running run at the same time in case if you need to restart at a last checkpoint if you feel like you took too long at a certain segment.

Edited by GoldenHail