Jamescush147 And The Quest For 93% Completion

Jamescush147

L7c55f3.png

Nier (PS3) - Started: Sep. 10 2022 - Finished: ???

So Nier. I bought this version of Nier back in 2018 after I had finished NieR: Automata. I heard that is was where that all started and I wanted more.

Then I read how different and unfinished it was compared to Automata. Plus the trophies were 'harder'. i.e. the Legendary Gardener and Forging Master trophies.

So I never started it.

Until Now.

It helped that I actually played and finished NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139.

Here are the trophies and how I'm going for them:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/96-nier/Jamescush147

First off the story trophies. I have played Replicant so these shouldn't be a problem. And like my playthough with that I will go for Lightspeed Fighter last.

Combo Master
Pull off a 100-hit combo.

I will go for this in Emil's basement. There are a few places down there with a few waves of enemies. 

Wordsmith
Collect 50 percent of all words.

Well I'm still on the first run and have 25% already. Shouldn't be a challenge to be over 50% on my third run. No issues.

Man of Means
Accumulate 1,000,000 pieces of gold.

This one will be a pain. Not sure to save up my weapon materials until the end and then sell them then go back to a old save or just fish till I have 1,000,000. ?

I plan to buy my weapons on the last run. I'll see how I am then. 

Something Very Special
You viewed the fourth ending (Ending D).

Will not go for this one until every other trophy is done. Second to last trophy.

Legendary Gardener
You successfully cultivated the legendary flower.

I got this on my PS5, I can do it on my PS3. Will save for my Ending D Run.

Fish of Legend
You caught a rhizodont.

A Round by the Pond
You caught one of every type of fish.

These two trophies can go to hell. The special hell.

Screw these.

I hate you.

So.....this is the PS3 version of Nier and the sand fishing sucks on the PS3 version. You can't see where the fish is or where if moves to plus my controller doesn't help.

This trophy may keep me away from the Plat.

I've heard the PS4 controller may help so I will be trying that. Lord help me.

Also the rhizodont is the last fish I need.

Forging Master
You upgraded 30 weapons to their maximum level.

Saving this too late and after I have 1,000,000 gold. I will upgrade my main weapon however.

Lightspeed Fighter
You completed the game within fifteen hours.

Last trophy. So my plan is to just do the main missions and save my money up for the Phoenix Spear. Just like I did for the PS4 version. And win.

Boss Speed Trophies

So the combat sucks on the PS3 version of Nier. It sucks. Eats even.

I don't know shorter times from the PS4 versions will hurt me too bad. But I have the Phoenix Spear so hopefully this is help me.

No more trophies. I'm also playing Tekken 6 while I play this. So either this or that will be my 350 Plat. I'll talk about that game later.

• Like 3

Lf2687f.png

Tekken 6 (PS3) - Started: Sep. 13 2022 - Finished: Sep. 19 2022

I've been playing the Tekken games since the original on the PS1. But when I left gaming for several years I totally missed several of them.

I came back for Tekken 7 but it took me till now to get back into the PS3 games. (i did play TTT a few years ago)

Trophies:

Scenario Campaign Mode Trophies: Just me playing the game. I did screw up however when it asked me to pick a character to use. I didn't know it was a one time pick so I picked a easy to to get and not Kazuya or anyone like that.

Item Connoisseur
Obtain a Rank S Item in Scenario Campaign Mode.

You can only get these in Hard Mode. I thought Hard Mode was playing the game on Hard. Totally a different thing. ?

You unlock Hard Mode after finishing the Main Scenario Campaign.

Collect 200 treasures in Scenario Campaign Mode.

Defeat 2000 enemies in Scenario Campaign Mode.

Defeat 10 aliens in Scenario Campaign Mode.

Upgrade Alisa to the highest possible level.

Unmissable but I thought I should of had the Aliens by now. I did find a stage with three of them. So I go there if I don't unlock it by the end.

No Key For Me
Clear the Millennium Tower stage without the boot-up key in Scenario Campaign Mode.

Hope this isn't that hard. Have yet to get to this stage yet.

Gallery Completionist
Complete the Gallery.

I've a few of the End Films unlock when I started a new stage. Hopefully these are not too hard to unlock. The defeat Azazel is way too annoying to do. ?

--------------------------

I think this will be my 350 Plat. :popcorn:

9-19-22

So I finished this is morning and Boy did I have issues!!!!!! ?

I ended my last play right before the Millennium Tower stage. I accidentally started it with the NANCY and I had to pause and restart the stage.

My PS3 wouldn't reload the game.

I had to stop the disk. restart and I got an ERROR message. I had to clean the disk and it did work but some the endings FMVs would glitch.

The game however worked fine after the cleaning.

Millennium Tower stage was tough. Just soldiers with guns and stun batons. I did have to do it twice because of the disk issue I had.

All of the secret stages were just as hard is not harder. Nightmare was a flipping mess of me dying.

I did grind out for S Rank Gear and had enough to make it though Nightmare! 

Then came the second grind for Endings.

It took around an hour of me jumping off a train. But I did it and got the Completionist trophy and the Plat!

350 baby!

1Lea276f.png

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 3

To Play Stack One:

RavUMXb.jpg

I will try to play these in order. (I tend to change my mind and order a lot) Most are unfinished and a few I haven't played before.

I had yet another stack and a box somewhere.

Too many unfinished games. And these don't count the digital games i own.

L20eea1.png

TOEM - Started/Finished: Sep. 19 2022 

I wanted to play this as soon as it came out on PS+ but I really wanted my 350th Plat to be related to a series I was into.

The game is kinda short. I did play it blind and got around 90% of the quests done without a guide. The song mission I did look up. "Take a picture of the notes." I totally missed that.

Sweet game that I recommend to anyone.

1KLoFvp.jpg

Edited by Jamescush147

Ld641a6.png

Telling Lies - Started: Sep. 19 2022 - Finished: Sep. 19 2022

Platinum 352 :platinum:

I like live action games. Games like The Complex and Late Shift are really good so I had put Telling Lies on my Wish List.

Then I took it off the list. ?

This is a different type of live action game.

In this you go and look though hours and hours of film to find and search for words and watch more of hours and hours of film. ?

I finally put it back on the list and bought it when it went on sale.

Took me around half an hour to get into the game. At the end I had found around 75 to 80% of the videos I needed to get the Full Upload trophy.

The game comes off disjointed. I totally missed that  Logan Marshall-Green was FBI. I thought he was just an ex-cop.

Also solitaire! I have it on my phone. ?

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 2

Free DLC Days!

So both Deathloop and Toem both got free dlc this past week. I had to re 100% them. ?

L3eb04d.png

Golden Loop Update

Platinum in 1 week, 2 days, 6 hours, 100% in 4 months, 3 days, 9 hours

First of all I had heard of this update a week before, so I reloaded my game the day before. I found out all my weapons and updates and everything I had disappeared,

It's a known glitch. ?

So I had to redo the first mission. But lucky I did have a save on the PS Cloud. So I did get everything back.

Anyways this DLC adds some new weapons, enemies and a new longer Golden Ending.

Here are the trophies:

Garbage Day!
Kill the Garbage Collector and acquire the Fugue slab.

I hard new boss with a new slab. A slab that makes people kinda drunk and sometimes suicidal.

You can take him out using his own traps but I was dumb and fought him head to head.

Out Like a Light
Acquire the HALPS Prototype and disintegrate a Visionary.

A new amazing weapon. It turn enemies into butter.

Best of Both Worlds
Use the experimental machine in Karl's Bay to craft a doubly-powerful trinket.

Too much of a pain, just get your new trinkets by defeating bosses.

Postmodern Abstractionism
Kill an Eternalist with a Paint Bomb.

Pretty Paint Bomb is pretty.

I enjoyed my time in the game and the new ending is so much better.

-----------------------------

La535e4.png

Basto DLC

Platinum in 8 hours, 3 minutes, 17 seconds, 100% in 5 days, 12 hours, 56 minutes

Hey everybody a new island to explore!!!!! Also new trophies.

So just play the game and explore. Not going into the trophies since they are easy to find.

However I had to wait a day because the NA versions of the update wouldn't pop the trophies.

Did I mention trophies?

I did have to look up two missing animals to photograph. And I feel stupid because I did see the cracked wall they were hidden in. I just forgot to see it I could open it. ?

---------------------

Anyways these two DLCs are done.

And I'll be back with you in Night City.

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sup? V here.

James is taking a break from these since he took two weeks playing my game.

So while he recuperates and plays some really easy games I'll be here explaining what went down.

t6RoVea.jpeg

Me (V) looking good.

L40eb6c.png

Started: Sep 20 2022 - Oct 5 2022

Platinum in 2 weeks, 23 hours

---

Story trophies:

Since James played the demo the first Story trophy did autopop on us. James did use a guide to find what chapters were missable. He did play blind until those chapters then made sure not to fuck it up. We were worried during the Judy and Kerry missions. Mostly because James worries a lot.

Gigs and NCPD Scanner Hustles and Cyberpsycho tropies:

First the Cyberpsychos were such a pain. James was sitting on a ton of upgrade points but wouldn't use them until he had enough for other trophies. so several of the Cyberpsychos were in the 'High Difficulty' area. I had to wait until he finally got those stupid trophies to upgrade my systems. Then I could actully be on par and kick much ass. And the ass I did kick. That one chick in the bathtub surrounded by all of the dead bodies.....Mother Fucker....Terrifying!

Now the Gigs and NCPD Scanner Hustle were much easier plus I sold all of the guns and items they dropped for cashmonies. And all of that cash was used for the car trophy, but that came later.

The Wasteland trophy was the only issue because one of the missions was on the border of an other area, with two other missions. Was worried for a second until I rechecked the map and noticed them.

Easy trophies:

Gun Fu
Kill or incapacitate 3 enemies in quick succession with a revolver or pistol in close combat.

Easy get, even without using slowmo.

Christmas Tree Attack
Complete a Breach Protocol with a minimum of 3 daemons uploaded.

Got it without any upgrades. Easy Peesy.

Ten out of Ten
Reach the max level in any skill.

The guide on this site is sooooooooo outdated. The easy way they have on it does not work anymore. I wasted an hour trying it. Instead make a save, upgrade your crafting tree, craft grenades, break them down and craft them again. Just keep making the grenades and you should get max level in Crafting in around 10 to 15 minutes.

Combat trophies: aka.......kill me now:

Gunslinger
Shoot an enemy grenade in midair with a revolver.

Don't use the 'piss the cops off' method. Instead wait until the mission Lightning Breaks with Panam. You should be on a roof and the enemies will toss these slow moving grenades at you, very easy to shoot down.

Two Heads, One Bullet
Kill or incapacitate 2 enemies with the same sniper rifle shot.

This one sucked on toast. You really need a powerful sniper rifle for this one. Shoot the two cops in your main building.

Rough Landing
While Berserk cyberware is active, perform a Superhero Landing to kill or incapacitate 2 enemies.

This one also sucked. Took forever to get more then two guys to be near me and then most of the time it didn't work. Also I was getting shot at as well.

Daemon In The Shell
Kill or incapacitate 3 enemies with one "Detonate Grenade" quickhack.

For some reason this took me two times for the trophy to pop. Didn't pop on the first group of guys.

Other trophies:

Autojock
Buy all vehicles available for purchase.

Save your euros people! Collect guns and other items to sell and do a lot of side missions because you are going to need a lot of cash.

James did make a save before buying the last several cars were needed because I can now use that monies on upgrades and other stylish clothing I'm into.

Must Be Rats
Perform the Distract Enemies quickhack 30 times without drawing attention to yourself.

James plays the Hitman games, he got this easy.

V for Vendetta
After reviving with Second Heart, kill or incapacitate the enemy who killed you within 5 seconds.

James waited and saved all of those sweet upgrades for this stupid trophy. At least he reloaded that save to gain my upgrade points back.

Anyways before I go:

nVmjSsF.jpeg

I do hope to see you when the Phantom Liberty comes out. Dunno if it will have trophies or not. Also James can also play the PS4 version of my game. It will be a downgrade however. Maybe he'll try that next year?

Until next time 'See ya!'

And here is the start of my Halloween/October Month!

Lf31baa.png

PS4 Started/Finished: Oct 6 2022

PS5 Started: Oct 6 2022 Finished: Oct 7 2022

After the very long Cyberpunk 2077 I felt burnt out and just wanted to play something simple. Been eyeing this game for a while since I tend to dig Lovecraft type games.

The story is okay but the art sucks. Plus all the endings suck as well.

------------

L004390.png

Started: Oct 7 2022 Finished: Oct 8 2022

Another game I was eyeing.

I had played the game The Invisible Hours by Tequila Works and really liked it.

Blind bought this one on sale and it's very much a precursor to The Invisible Hours. Both have a repeating day and using that to uncover secrets and to stop murders.

--------

L908be3.png

PS5 Started/Finished: Oct 9 2022

PS4 Started/Finished: Oct 10 2022

Wanted to play a horror game and it was on sale.

Score!

It's a walking sim with puzzles and sometime a killer hunting you.

My first playthough.....seat of my pants. It's a jumpscare kinda game.

Also Cat trophies!

--------------

Le851a8.png

Started/Finished: Oct 11 2022

It was on sale.

It's a 6 minute poem with a lazy town to walk in and find items that pop a trophy.

I've played better NewGrounds games in my youth.

----------------

That's it for now. Entries for Hot Wheels Unleashed and A Plague Tale Requiem to come shortly.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have been very busy and too lazy to do updates here.

Very lazy.

I've finished:

A Plague Tale: Requiem

My personal game of the year. I had ordered it from Focus Entertainment the publisher and got the game a week before it came out!

Cool.

So basically I was playing blind without any hint for some trophies and collectables. Until the day that the game officially came out and I was able to get the handful of collectables on my blind playthough.

Amazing game, dark as hell.

Through the Woods

One of my Halloween games for October. I liked it but boy another dark game.

Resident Evil 3 - NOT FINISHED.

On my original play in 2020 I had some depression issues and not finished my Inferno Run of the game I had started.

Been wanting to finally come back and finish, but this was a Charlie doll run. Somehow i had missed one on my first run. No idea what one I had missed and yes it was one of the final ones. lol

Cuties Hacked PS4/PS5- 100%

It was free and easy. I'm cheap.

Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story

Halloween game. I hated the gameplay. Also boobs are really in this game.

Observation - 100%

From the group that made the game Stories Untold. And unlike that game the ending is good. They are also doing one of the upcoming Silent Hill games. So cool.

Garbage Pail Kids: Mad Mike and the Quest for Stale Gum

I'm a 80's kid. I grew up collecting the cards. So of course I bought this day one.

I am also the first ever Plat owner of the game. It's totally 80's man.

Demoniaca: Everlasting Night PS4/PS5

It wants to be Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night so bad. It had issues and I just couldn't get into it. But you don't need to finish the game to Plat it thankfully.

I did like that art style however.

The Darkside Detective Season 2: A Fumble in the Dark - 100% PS4/PS5

The final free dlc chapter came out and I finally 100% it.

Play it if you grew up on point and click games like I did.

Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality

I grew up in England and yes Doctor Who was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, this game sucks.

Yes.....it's a very buggy game. I had to redo an entire chapter to grab the last collectable in that chapter because the game wouldn't let me pick it up.

The glitches made the game annoying.

Treasures of the Aegean PS4

Neat Indy metroidvania puzzle game. I'm like the only second Plat owner. The game came out a year before I got it.

LEGO Builder's Journey 100%

It's a neat art puzzle game using legos as it's canvas.

Hot Wheels Unleashed - UNFINISHED

Maybe I'll get back to it.

Bright Memory: Infinite

Waited for a sale. It's basically a demo. And yes you do need to play the two hard runs separate times.

God of War

It took me almost 4 years to finally Plat this one. My saves playing on my PS4 and using the game disk would break the game. As in I would start the game and load in to Kratos falling in a infinite hole of blackness. Every save would do this.

I finally bought the digital version a year before buying my PS5. I finally playing it this way and finally finished the game!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - Unfinished

I don't like the 'Don't Get Hit' challenges. And yes I will return to it one day.

Persona 5 Royal

I finally Platted it in two years. Was waiting for a guide. I just hate timed games.

Persona 5 Strikers - UNFINISHED

I would be finished with this game if not for the most grinding trophy I've had in a while.

'Maxed out all BOND skill levels.' can suck it.

Dishonored

Been wanting to try these for years. And playing Deathloop finally got me to try them.

Just need to do a silent run of the Daud dlcs.

Dishonored 2

Easier then the first one and no dlc!

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

No, wait. This is the DLC! Pretty easy and can be finished in around 15 hours.

Prey

My last Plat of 2022.

I enjoyed it. And boy is it long.

It's a 5.41% Plat.

Afterparty

First Plat of 2023!

I bought this years ago because I love Oxenfree from the same studio.

I could of done without the Lucky Shot trophy.

Soon......what I'm playing now.

?

• 3 weeks later...

I have too many games I want to finish or start right now.

Too many.

So right now I'm playing Fallout 76.

Ldeff91.png

Just got the Plat, Spent the last three days grinding Daily Quests to get to Level 100.

I could of done the DLC quests I'm still not good enough for but I didn't. ?

I have several DLC trophies to go for.  And they are kinda hard to do solo.

Wastelanders DLC:

Go for the Gold - Complete "Buried Treasure" / For this one I need to start a new game and this time pick the Raiders to get the gold with.

Steel Reign DLC:

Smooth Operator - Earn Elder Rewards from a Daily Op / I am so not good enough to finish this in 8 minutes to get the Elder Rewards. I will have to post a Game Session. I'm most of a stealth gamer in this. My mobile suit has yet to be used in the game at all. lol

The Pitt DLC:

Welcome To The Pitt - Lead and complete "Union Dues" and "From Ashes to Fire"

Troglodiced - Kill 100 Trogs with an Auto Axe

I've tried these solo. It did not end well for me and I gave up. I couldn't even hurt the first minor 'boss' in Union Dues.

I need to team up with a group to get these, plus the grind to get stamps for the Auto Axe.....help me.

----

L793a84.png

I was afraid to start this because I've heard the stories about the race times.

Guess what I'm stuck on.

Good game, average story and some FMVs that still stand up today. The game was fun and most of the trophies were not too hard to get.

Then I started the Dashes runs. ?

Most I've done. A few I was stuck on. And right now I have around 7 to finish. The Underground one and all of the rich area runs. Everything else is 3 starts.

Been on hold when I play Fallout however. Been stuck on the Underground, the end where you jump to the ladder before the hallway leading to the end slows me too down. And I keep missing the target time. I'm killing my hands on these runs. And I swear that the run speed in the runs are slower then in the open world.

---

L0bb470.png

I came back to this to finish the Story Mode trophies while I grind a trophy-less Fallout 76.

Need to finish the Win with Ten Teams and the DJ Station ones.

Also I somehow got the tutorial trials trophy! The Cancels just kill me on this game. Those will stop me from getting the Plat and also the other trials.

I'm terrible when it comes to combos. I just can't do them

----

L16eef3.png

Starting soon.