Sleds of Sunshine Trophy

XpAcErX

Sleds of Sunshine - Travel over 500 metres in a single slide across the Plains of Eidolon.

Everything I can find recent or old on how to do this doesnt work. I've been trying for hours at a number of locations regular sliding with a Nezha slide build, droping from the air, and even the exit teleport cheese. Nothing is working. Does anyone one have any updated information/location on where/how to achieve this 500m slide? 

Edited by XpAcErX

I just got this using this i found on the Warframe forums, "Just going to mention this and move along, go into archwing, go as fast as possible, hold crouch then every 1-2 seconds tap aim glide. Got it first try. New plains is definitely not friendly to those trying to get this achievement." I was using mods that helped with aim glide duration. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:20 PM, Phrikus said:

I just got this using this i found on the Warframe forums, "Just going to mention this and move along, go into archwing, go as fast as possible, hold crouch then every 1-2 seconds tap aim glide. Got it first try. New plains is definitely not friendly to those trying to get this achievement." I was using mods that helped with aim glide duration. 

Thanks so much, got it.

Edited by XpAcErX

• 4 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 8:20 PM, Phrikus said:

is there a better explanation of this. i been trying to get this trophy for 4 hours. how do you crouch when in the air? and then how do you aim glide. like what buttons is it. everytime im in the air my idiot does a friggen ground slam as soon as i exit flight

4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

is there a better explanation of this. i been trying to get this trophy for 4 hours. how do you crouch when in the air? and then how do you aim glide. like what buttons is it. everytime im in the air my idiot does a friggen ground slam as soon as i exit flight

Use the ground slide button. Crouch button is the same button as slide. When your standing still and use the slide button you crouch.

In addition to what XpAcErX said, aim gliding is just aiming while in the air, which you'll fall a bit slower. The idea is to be "sliding" in the air to maximize the distance of your overall slide.  Also you'll want swap to the primary or secondary firearms before leaving the archwing, so you don't ground slam, I hope that helps. 

12 hours ago, Phrikus said:

In addition to what XpAcErX said, aim gliding is just aiming while in the air, which you'll fall a bit slower. The idea is to be "sliding" in the air to maximize the distance of your overall slide.  Also you'll want swap to the primary or secondary firearms before leaving the archwing, so you don't ground slam, I hope that helps. 

thanks that does help. although im almost positive this is patched now.  ive gone up 2k feet in the air through a small little glitch spot and fell and still nothing lol. i dont understand how they think you can go 500m anywhere on this plain. at most i can measure 400m on ground and thats if your lucky enough to not get hit by a enemy, stop for no reason, hit a stone, and various other crap

as a marker for myself the last achiever was jan 29th. theyve had some hotfixes since then so ill see if anyone else earns it

Edited by melodicmizery

i think this trophy can be possibly marked as unobtainable now. the last person to get it was about 10 days ago. looking at time stamps usually people get it every few days, 10 days being about the longest span in between.

it def seems like every way has been patched. the blinkpad teleportation doesnt work. the air glide with l2, the archwing in general, the new vamp of new plains compared to old plains there isnt enough room to do it legit using just the ground. if anyone gets this trophy after this post can you tell how? the only method i havent tried yet is someone said have a friend go to the exit for extraction and when the countdown hits like 10 seconds then start sliding down a hill and it will teleport you. but im thinking since blinkpads got patched that may also be patched now to. 

edit, i finally got it. i deployed a hover board in air to avoid the ground slam and jumped off the hoverboard and then did the aim glide. this is far from easy to do and extremely annoying. the pressure it puts on your analog stick is dumb as fuck to. this is a stupid fucking trophy overall. one of the stupidest ive seen in a while. i swear they make this shit just to wear your controller out. its not easy at all to do. youll spend most of the time trying to get the aim glide on and off just perfect. and then if your lucky youll land somewhere where you can actually slide a little distance and not hit a fucking rock or branch. 

Edited by melodicmizery

• 7 months later...