New Game Plus?

Shinjiro120

On 9/27/2022 at 3:08 AM, Shinjiro120 said:

Since theres no NG+ (for now at least) does you or anyone know if you can continue the game after you clear it and re-do missions?

After beating the game with any ending, the game prompts to you make a “Clear Save.” Loading that save puts you back in Valhalla prior to Mission 9 and resets the Verdant Blossom and conversation triggers in Chapter 9, allowing you to replay the mission for the other endings, finish off sidequests, grind for Proficiency or hunt down any Runes or Arts you’re missing.

I’m not certain what having a New Game+ would do to improve the game, since nothing is missable and you can always load that Clear Save and mission hop to your heart’s content to find anything you’ve missed; the Proficiency trophy would be a mildly painful grind regardless, and the rest of it would have little difference between doing an NG+ and just playing through the missions again. The only benefit I could see is having the option to slightly cut down the replay time to go back for the Normal difficulty trophy (if you did Hard first, which isn’t all that hard to begin with when compared to other, similar titles) or do it to steamroll the S-ranks on Easy or something… and given the length of the game, it still wouldn’t cut down the time all that much.

• Like 1

On 3.10.2022 at 5:39 PM, jd4903 said:

NG+ would help with Norm Hard

Not sure what "Norm Hard" is, but it's really not difficult to play through the game on Hard in general. there's already a few tips in another thread, but as long as you make some side-missions to get extra items (ambrosia etc.) it's quite a breeze, actually. Only thing that's annoying is the fact that most enemies basically become damage sponges, but oh well - that seems to be the case for nearly every game with a "hard" difficulty.

Edited by SakisasVM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jd4903 said:

Norm Hard are the difficulty an rather not start NG over it's to much work 

I mean, that's fine, but considering the game is like 13 hours I wouldn't say it's such a crazy thing to ask for a platinum. Isn't that kinda the point of these foirums here?

2 minutes ago, SakisasVM said:

I mean, that's fine, but considering the game is like 13 hours I wouldn't say it's such a crazy thing to ask for a platinum. Isn't that kinda the point of these foirums here?

It'd be nice to have NG+ and considering every single other entry in the VP series has had NG+, it's kind of a glaring omission. I wouldn't mind it if the story was great or the gameplay was better. But considering this game kinda feels hacked together and the weapon proficiency grind was excruciatingly boring, it'd be nice to not have to dread the hard playthrough as well.

58 minutes ago, HevyD6586 said:

It'd be nice to have NG+ and considering every single other entry in the VP series has had NG+, it's kind of a glaring omission. I wouldn't mind it if the story was great or the gameplay was better. But considering this game kinda feels hacked together and the weapon proficiency grind was excruciatingly boring, it'd be nice to not have to dread the hard playthrough as well.

Oh, I fully agree, the second playthrough is mind-numbingly boring. My only point was that it's not really the icing on the cake, considering the game is only 13 hours (compared to some 70 hour RPGs...). And meant as a rply to jd4903's "It's too much work".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jd4903 said:

GOW 2OI8 has NG+ made gettin the II Shields on Hardist Difficulty easier

God of War didn’t have NG+ until months after launch, and Sony seems to like adding that particular feature to their games well after launch (see also both Horizon titles and Days Gone.) God of War was also done by a large, well-funded team. Comparing what was done with that title to what Square and Soleil are likely to do means nothing. That’s aside from the fact that Valkyrie Elysium and God of War are very different beasts. You might as well claim it’s possible that Valkyrie’s Einherjar will get swapped out for someone else next year in a title update, since a party is kind of like a team, and EA sometimes does roster updates in Madden and NHL.

Further, as has been pointed out many times, due to the way the game works, NG+ is not going to make the game significantly easier. The enemies on Hard feel just as damage spongey whether you’re working with the Alfodr at level 1 or the Sidgrani at level 10, and given how cheap their tactics are and the way the animations/combos work, they are just as capable of curb-stomping a fully maxed out Valkyrie as they are one with no upgrades. Unlike God of War or some other titles with NG+ options, gear and in-game skills do not let you just completely overpower everything. You have to engage with the game’s systems and rely on actual personal skill (and occasionally abuse certain mechanics, like i-frames when casting Heal or Firestorm) to get through.

The game is relatively well balanced, so you will earn enough Gems to upgrade what you need without grinding. So long as you poke into the corners for the Ambrosias and are willing to do at least some of the sidequests for the advanced Divine Arts, you will be fine. The only real advantage NG+ would grant is skipping the half hour’s worth of side missions to pick up the Divine Arts you want (probably Heal III and Nibelung Valesti II, at least) and feeling slightly overpowered for the first Chapter, and the time you’ve wasted whining about the lack of NG+ is surely double or triple the length of time it would take to just buckle down and do the thing.

You want to keep talking about how hard Hard is, how it’s impossible, acting as though you know what’s waiting for you and how to tackle it, when you’ve only beaten the game on Easy, and just dismiss or ignore anything anyone who has actually played (let alone beaten) Hard says, or give some other whinging excuse while claiming you’ll wait for NG+, acting as though it’s the solution to all your problems, or keep bringing up God of War as though it has any relationship or bearing on the conversation.

1 hour ago, jd4903 said:

It's basically like Niou

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here, since “Niou” isn’t a word; are you trying to compare it to Nioh? In what universe is it like that?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, Ashande said:

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here, since “Niou” isn’t a word; are you trying to compare it to Nioh? In what universe is it like that?

Niou is how you say it in Japanese. Spelled differently but pronounced very similar but means the same 

Edited by phoenix24x
Removed unnecessary paragraph