RESOLVED - Maximum Games will honor the advertised upgrade

RESOLVED! Maximum Games will honor the advertised upgrade!

https://twitter.com/VampireSwansong/status/1595474327897620488?s=20&t=NHquZjgqE4Z03--EDEKKmQ

Original Post:

I've opened a ticket with Sony about it in August, and they said check back in a couple days. It still wasn't available for free back then and checking it now since it's the Halloween season, still hasn't been fixed. I'm going to make a tweet about it to the developers.

EDIT: Submitted query and screenshots of issue to Nacon Gaming website

Edited by KyonKuchiki
resolution
  • Like 1

UPDATE: They responded to my email with this:

Thank you for contacting us.   

First, we would like to apologize for not responding quicker to your email.  

We apologize that your game experience is not matching your expectations.     

We inform you that we directed your case to the technical department, we will come back to you with the best solution as soon as possible. 

We remain at your disposal for any further information.  

Kind regards,     

Tommaso

Team Nacon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Beyond mad now. They just got back to me and flat out admitted false advertising.

Thank you for contacting us.

First, we would like to apologize for not responding quicker to your email.

We inform you that the developers confirm that if you bought the version of the video game for ps4 it is not possible to update the video game for the ps5 version.

Unfortunately, Swansong is not a cross-gen product. If it’s mentioned on the box it’s a mistake.

We remain at your disposal for any further information.

Best regards,

Bakary

lswYPZW.jpg

mB18jKb.jpg

VKWmloQ.png

Edited by KyonKuchiki

Huge update that hopefully leads to a win, Eurogamer has published my story about all this!

https://www.eurogamer.net/vampire-the-masquerade-swansong-publisher-says-boxs-ps5-upgrade-listing-was-mistake

EDIT:

Push Square has also put out an article about this:

Edited by KyonKuchiki
Another web article found
  • Like 3

Whether it was a mistake or not, they’re responsible for honoring it. It’s honestly ridiculous they would even try to claim otherwise.

What I also find interesting about the whole situation is learning that the Xbox Series version and Xbox One version are separate and require separate purchases. I wasn’t even aware that was a thing (I was under the impression Smart Delivery was sort of a default, if not mandated, feature with games that had both Series and One SKUs.) Of course, I use the Xbox only rarely, and only have two games that are Series SKUs; one of which (The Medium) doesn’t run on Xbox One, and the other (Forza Horizon 5) is MS, so of course it supports Smart Delivery.

If they continue to stonewall you, you might try contacting the retailer where you purchased the game, with screenshots of the box. You also could look into legal counsel, but I doubt there’d be enough people affected for a pro-bono or class action situation, and the cost to punish them outside of those options would likely be prohibitive on your end.

• Like 1

Should be interesting to see how this plays out; please, keep us updated.

I know it probably means little, but it definitely pushed me off the fence regarding Lord of the Rings: Gollum and SteelrisingSwansong will be my last purchase from this publisher for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Should be interesting to see how this plays out; please, keep us updated.

I know it probably means little, but it definitely pushed me off the fence regarding Lord of the Rings: Gollum and SteelrisingSwansong will be my last purchase from this publisher for the foreseeable future.

NACON have a terrible reputation for screwing over both their customers and other developers so you're doing the right thing by boycotting them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

Still no resolution? I'm surprised they didn't just email you a PS5 code or mail you a PS5 disc to resolve it. I had a publisher send me a PS5 code when I raised a similar issue, and it was resolved after a few weeks. They told me it took so long because Sony was slow to turn it on. 

Right? That's what any normal company would have done to avoid negative PR, especially in this legally dicey situation. I sent them another email a couple weeks ago, asking for them to make the situation right with either a PS5 code or a refund, and just got a response yesterday. It was the exact same canned response I got (even from the same guy) that's in the second post I made where they'll just fwd the issue to their technical dept.

As for Sony, they were the first line of support I tried when I initially got the game. After being on their chat for an hour, the guy said it'd be resolved in 48 hours. After it still wasn't up, figured it was just a matter of time, and put game off until around october since that was when I was in the mood for more horror related things. I figured at this point it was more the publishers than Sony, so that's why I've gone to Nacon, where it turns out they never intended it to be a cross-gen upgrade despite box saying so in the first place, and that's where we are today.

10 hours ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Right? That's what any normal company would have done to avoid negative PR, especially in this legally dicey situation. I sent them another email a couple weeks ago, asking for them to make the situation right with either a PS5 code or a refund, and just got a response yesterday. It was the exact same canned response I got (even from the same guy) that's in the second post I made where they'll just fwd the issue to their technical dept.

As for Sony, they were the first line of support I tried when I initially got the game. After being on their chat for an hour, the guy said it'd be resolved in 48 hours. After it still wasn't up, figured it was just a matter of time, and put game off until around october since that was when I was in the mood for more horror related things. I figured at this point it was more the publishers than Sony, so that's why I've gone to Nacon, where it turns out they never intended it to be a cross-gen upgrade despite box saying so in the first place, and that's where we are today.

Strangely, they haven't resolved it for you! Especially since you could be the only one in the world that has the PS4 disc and that wants the PS5 version, lol. Some of these publishers aren't good with follow-ups and honoring things. Sony also doesn't seem keen on enforcement. Microsoft has an internal process where they will send your issue directly to the devs and request resolution for global issues. Sony directs you to the devs even when they devs ignore/refuse, so there's no little recourse.