PS4 Sells Over 320,000 in first two days on sale in Japan.

RisewithBane

Here is the launch sales figure for the PS4. Sony's latest console has sold over 320K in it's first two days on sale in Japan.

Bear in mind, PS2 sold a staggering 600k in the same timeframe.

The disparity in sales of both consoles shows that console gaming is becoming less popular in the region.

Also, it's worth noting Sony announced a week ago that PS4 had sold 5.3 million. Now, adding the 320k AND the 2 weeks (remaining) sales in U.S. and EU. It's clear PS4 is almost destined to pass the 6 million sales mark.

What is your reaction to the news? Is PS4 racing away with next gen?

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-12396-PlayStation-4-Sells-Over-320-000-Units-During-Japanese-Launch-Weekend.html

Edited by RisewithBane

@Riley.

It is a lot. PS4's launch sales are the 3rd highest in history for the region.

PS2 did 600k and that was in an era when console gaming was booming in Japan and Asia. You can't compare the PS4 launch sales in Japan to other countries because the region is more inclined towards handheld gaming.

So, 320k is damn impressive.

Having said that, Sony were probably looking for 500k+. I'm sure they'll take 320k and see it as a very good start for the PS4. :)

Edited by RisewithBane

If you're going to compare it to the PS2 launch, don't forget the launch line up of games.

PS2 had a lot of games on launch AND was backwards compatible.

PS4 has like.. 6 games? Hang on... lemme check... 26 games on launch. 2 NBA games, CoD and Battlefield pretty much the same game, FIFA + Madden and at least 11 of them are also available on PS3/Vita.

There's just no reason to buy a PS4 atm.

I would love to see the Vita push these numbers, don't get me wrong I love to death the ps4 and I'm very happy to say today that Sony has the best games, handheld and console in the market, but saddens me see the Vita struggle. It's such a wonderful portable. We all know the ps4 will destroy because it's beyond awesome. But I wanted the Vita at least do it too :'(

Good numbers in my personal opinion. And I agree with the rest., considering Japan's market now is more into HANDHELDS and smartphones

320K is not bad at all. Putting into consideration the size of the country and its population. Those are not bad figures at all...and its DAY 1 only. 

Cheers! #Goodvibes  :highfive: 

Razgriz