How many players minimum needed to start a game?

I couldn't find any info online about this other than that it is up to 30 players.  I wanted to try this game and I've been searching for a solo match for almost an hour with no success.  I was thinking of trying to gather friends and other players, but if it takes 30 just to start then I guess I won't ever get to play it... 

On 10/14/2022 at 3:52 AM, ShoryukenSauce said:

I couldn't find any info online about this other than that it is up to 30 players.  I wanted to try this game and I've been searching for a solo match for almost an hour with no success.  I was thinking of trying to gather friends and other players, but if it takes 30 just to start then I guess I won't ever get to play it... 

I believe the minimum for both Solo and Trio is 12. The game is super dead, so it's near impossible to find a game normally.

Edited by DaivRules

On 10/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, o7_AP said:

I believe the minimum for both Solo and Trio is 12. The game is super dead, so it's near impossible to find a game normally. I've been trying to boost this, add me on PSN: o7_AP

Hey thx for letting me know. Feels a bit like a scam that the game is still $20 and essentially unplayable. Going full free to play with micro transactions for cosmetics seems like a decent move to maybe save it... 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I boosted both the PS4 and PS5 versions of this game last year with a highly dedicated group of people. This game is not hit and miss. You need 12 players to start a Trio's match. The group of people I was in also had Alternate accounts to make up the numbers required to start matches. Sometimes there was only 6-8 of us, so we would add in our Alts. This game is not hard, it's just grindy. There are many trophies related to X amount of this or that. The main problem is actually getting that initial 12 to boost with. Once you have 12 reliable people to boost with, you're good to go. The group I was in had I think about 18+ people in it. But it is a tedious grind. I unlocked for free the girl with double fans (forget name). 

Randoms will ruin your day if boosting. Just one very high-level random will destroy your sessions if they get in. So, Cross-Play off will help a lot here. I started the game because I liked the artwork. Lol. But once I started playing, I knew I was in trouble because of the amount of people required to boost and platinum it. If you set up a session, you will find people. This game was free on PS+ essential. There's also 2 x very large PSN groups (100 in each) of Hardcore players of Hunters Arena Legends. I know one of the owners too. They're not trophy-hunters. They play for fun. But some of them do trophy hunt. On a side note - a new Hunters game is due to be released sometime in the future. A prequel I think. Not sure.

Oh, there's no auto-pop either...

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/29/2023 at 6:31 AM, TheDarkKratos said:

I boosted both the PS4 and PS5 versions of this game last year with a highly dedicated group of people. This game is not hit and miss. You need 12 players to start a Trio's match. The group of people I was in also had Alternate accounts to make up the numbers required to start matches. Sometimes there was only 6-8 of us, so we would add in our Alts. This game is not hard, it's just grindy. There are many trophies related to X amount of this or that. The main problem is actually getting that initial 12 to boost with. Once you have 12 reliable people to boost with, you're good to go. The group I was in had I think about 18+ people in it. But it is a tedious grind. I unlocked for free the girl with double fans (forget name). 

Randoms will ruin your day if boosting. Just one very high-level random will destroy your sessions if they get in. So, Cross-Play off will help a lot here. I started the game because I liked the artwork. Lol. But once I started playing, I knew I was in trouble because of the amount of people required to boost and platinum it. If you set up a session, you will find people. This game was free on PS+ essential. There's also 2 x very large PSN groups (100 in each) of Hardcore players of Hunters Arena Legends. I know one of the owners too. They're not trophy-hunters. They play for fun. But some of them do trophy hunt. On a side note - a new Hunters game is due to be released sometime in the future. A prequel I think. Not sure.

Oh, there's no auto-pop either...

How long did it take you to get both platinums?

3 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

How long did it take you to get both platinums?

It's been a long time since I played. Buy we consistently played/boosted every day until we got the job done. In terms of actual hours approximately 60 hours for the PS4 version, and 20 hours for the PS5 Version. But bare in mind, the PS4 boost was much longer because we were helping the rest of the group, plus kinda learning the game too. Where as the PS5 platinum was much shorter because we knew the game better by now, and less people were boosting the PS5 version at the time. The guide says about 20-25 hours if you know what you're doing. I would agree with that.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

It's been a long time since I played. Buy we consistently played/boosted every day until we got the job done. In terms of actual hours approximately 60 hours for the PS4 version, and 20 hours for the PS5 Version. But bare in mind, the PS4 boost was much longer because we were helping the rest of the group, plus kinda learning the game too. Where as the PS5 platinum was much shorter because we knew the game better by now, and less people were boosting the PS5 version at the time. The guide says about 20-25 hours if you know what you're doing. I would agree with that.

Wait what guide? I assumed there was one and I forgot about it, but I just searched it and there isn't one.

45 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Wait what guide? I assumed there was one and I forgot about it, but I just searched it and there isn't one.

I thought there was a guide. I could have sworn there was one on this site. Wtf?

Anyways, you don't really need a guide. Just read the trophies, and they tell all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I thought there was a guide. I could have sworn there was one on this site. Wtf?

Anyways, you don't really need a guide. Just read the trophies, and they tell all.

Well I found this one in Spanish later, and a video explaining how to tackle the plat inside of it (without boosting though).

https://trofeospsn.com/guia-platino/hunters-arena-legends/

And yes, the trophies are self-explanatory, but you do need to do the kill with a trap and with a bomb playing solo, not trio apparently. A guide for this game is more for a roadmap and a couple things like this.

• Like 1

Obvious question here - But are you planning on going for the platinum?

If you are, it can be done with a minimum of 6 x reliable people. But they will all need an Alt.

There's your 12 x players, and a full lobby right there. Avoid random's if you can.

And remember, if you're going for both stacks, there's no auto-pop at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Obvious question here - But are you planning on going for the platinum?

If you are, it can be done with a minimum of 6 x reliable people. But they will all need an Alt.

There's your 12 x players, and a full lobby right there. Avoid random's if you can.

And remember, if you're going for both stacks, there's no auto-pop at all

Yes, I'm planning to do them both. Currently looking for a good team of boosters. Thank you for the info.

Wait, so 12 is not the minimum, but also the maximum? Yeah, no autopop unfortunately.

1 hour ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Yes, I'm planning to do them both. Currently looking for a good team of boosters. Thank you for the info.

Wait, so 12 is not the minimum, but also the maximum? Yeah, no autopop unfortunately.

As I stated earlier, my memory is a bit hazy. Lol. But in Trio's lobbies I think the max players is 12-15+

So, what you need to do is get your group to keep an eye on the pre-lobby tower as to who there is.

As long as you have enough people/accounts to boost, you're good to go. And a plus is there's no IKT

Spoiler

IKT - Idle Kick Time

Good luck with that game, dude. I hope you have enough reliable/serious friends to get it all done.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

As I stated earlier, my memory is a bit hazy. Lol. But in Trio's lobbies I think the max players is 12-15+

So, what you need to do is get your group to keep an eye on the pre-lobby tower as to who there is.

As long as you have enough people/accounts to boost, you're good to go. And a plus is there's no IKT

Reveal hidden contents

IKT - Idle Kick Time

Good luck with that game, dude. I hope you have enough reliable/serious friends to get it all done.

Ok lol. Ohhh no idle kick? Nice

Thanks a lot dude.

Hello I could be interested to start this game but the server will shutdown soon based about their official discord. They did not yet announce the date.
So how many are we to boost this game in March 2024?

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Are you sure? Sometimes it took 10 or 15 min to match and start the game

Yes, confirmed by few others searching at the same time for more than 30mins, today I was playing matches one after another without problems and there was good amount of players.

• Like 2