I would like to start Deus Ex

EndoManno

Hello, I would like to start Deus Ex, but I have some doubts.

First of all, the first Deus Ex. There is a digital port of the ps2 version (I know that the Steam version is a better option, but I don't have a working PC ?), it could be a good way to start, but I'm not sure about the language options. I can understand English, but a long game with a lot of dialogues could be pretty hard. Is this port only in English or it depends on the console's settings?

Secondly, Human Revolution. On the digital store there are the Complete Edition and the Director's Cut, at the very same price. Is there any difference? Which one should I get? 

39 minutes ago, EndoManno said:

First of all, the first Deus Ex. There is a digital port of the ps2 version (I know that the Steam version is a better option, but I don't have a working PC 1f641.png), it could be a good way to start, but I'm not sure about the language options. I can understand English, but a long game with a lot of dialogues could be pretty hard. Is this port only in English or it depends on the console's settings?

Each Eu region had it's own version

The Italian version is SLES-50807, however only the menus and in game text are Italian, the voices are English only.  If you purchased it from an Italian PSN account, I would assume they would provide the Italian version (I'll check to see if I can find out).

Oh and the original Deus Ex is by far the best one out of them all :)

EDIT - you'll have to check the store to see which version it is sorry

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1

The improvements in the DC for DXHR were welcome, but I honestly preferred the color palette of the original enough to think that outweighs the improvements in the DC.

From memory, with the DC you get:

Two battery pips auto-recharge

DLC integrated into the main game

Reworked boss fights where stealth is an option

On PC at least the performance between the two SKUs were completely negligible.  I'd expect the same on PS3 and it's probably dealer's choice; I'd buy whichever is cheaper.

• Like 2

If you are looking to get 100% in all games, trophyless or not, consider the online trophies in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. You must be able to stay connected to a server for an online only game mode called Breach, and obtain all trophies in the list tagged with “Breach:.” You can do this in whole (in fact much of the last portion can be skipped entirely as you earn the last trophy early) without spoiling anything in the base game. The server itself has been on and off, there’s no telling when it’ll be off for good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

The Italian version is SLES-50807, however only the menus and in game text are Italian, the voices are English only.

EDIT - you'll have to check the store to see which version it is sorry

Thank you very much, where can I check this code? It isn't in the game's description.

Another question about this version, since this is a First Person Shooter, do you know if there are any aim settings? I can get used to any "Y axis", but some ps2 games had uneditable "inverted X axis", which could be very annoying.

I'm asking because I had a bad experience with the port of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. It was only in English (while the original ps2 version was translated in various languages) and it had this confusing "inverted X axis", so now I'm pretty cautious ?

1 hour ago, EqualityEarth said:

If you are looking to get 100% in all games, trophyless or not, consider the online trophies in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. You must be able to stay connected to a server for an online only game mode called Breach, and obtain all trophies in the list tagged with “Breach:.” You can do this in whole (in fact much of the last portion can be skipped entirely as you earn the last trophy early) without spoiling anything in the base game. The server itself has been on and off, there’s no telling when it’ll be off for good.

Thank you for the advice! Yes, I would like to get every trophy, whenever is possible. But at the moment I don't own a ps4/5, so I can only hope that the server will keep working (bad is still better than nothing) for some more time ?

Edited by EndoManno