TLD - New DLC incoming, important news

HaserPL

A new DLC has been recently announced for the game, it will be a part of paid expansion pass but the game will also receive a free update. Important note, from what I understand, if the game will patch for you, you will be unable to use your current Survival saves as they will not be compatible with the upcoming patch. So either make sure to complete everything before it launches, or don't touch it until it comes out. On consoles, it may be negated by simply canceling the update before it's done, but it will only be confirmed once it actually comes out. More news here: https://www.thelongdark.com/news/dev-diary-october-2022/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

Thank you for this vital information, i started the game last week and will turn off auto update immediately. 

I started working on the guide for the game not so long ago, and now I have to wait with publishing it, in case the update changes things considerably. So I feel you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I started working on the guide for the game not so long ago, and now I have to wait with publishing it, in case the update changes things considerably. So I feel you.

yeah i've seen your incredible roadmap, helps a lot to get started into this complex game. thanks for that. 

I am at day 39 rn maybe I'll just proceed to day 50 without firing a gun and wait for the DLC to start from the scratch. its such a nice game. 

53 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

yeah i've seen your incredible roadmap, helps a lot to get started into this complex game. thanks for that. 

I am at day 39 rn maybe I'll just proceed to day 50 without firing a gun and wait for the DLC to start from the scratch. its such a nice game. 

I think the best way would be to rush Cartographer before the patch hits. Right now you don't need to do Blackrock and Keeper's Path as it doesn't count, but with the newest patch they might update the requirements.

Just now, Messknecht said:

customized, but based on voyageur. 

I activated parasites, higher spawn chance for moose and bear but lowered the scent increase and attacks during. rest. 

have you disabled rest as a resource? If so, you might as well go for the will to live after the cartographer. It took me 5h to sleep through 280 days after I was done with every other trophy. 

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, sherbie00 said:

Reopening up this thread - does anyone know when this update is due to drop? I love this game and have no qualms about starting a save prior to the update, but known when the save will be playable till would be nice!

Still no concrete date for the console release. They said January/February when the dlc was announced, so give it some time. The save will still be playable if you don't buy the dlc so don't worry. Plus in my opinion it's not worth it to buy it right away. The first batch of content is okay, but they only really added a new region, a new transitional region, tool and weapon variants, and that's about it for now. If I were you I'd wait for a while until there is more content. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thelongdark.com/news/dev-update-february-2023/

Looks like the dlc will come to PS4 soon. The target date for consoles is 15th March and soon after that the second part of content will be released. What is important is the fact that once the dlc is released, even if you don't buy it, the game will be updated for everyone and your current saves won't work after that. This means if you're in the progress of doing the survival trophies, when the next update comes, don't update the game until you're done with your current save. This means 500 days and Faithful Cartographer run, as every other trophy can be done in a few hours so it's not a terrible waste of time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

So the DLC released right? I wonder why there's no trophies for it...

it was released months ago. no trophies because there is no logical way to implement them. but the dlc might have expanded requirements for the base game trophies though.

16 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

it was released months ago. no trophies because there is no logical way to implement them. but the dlc might have expanded requirements for the base game trophies though.

Awesome thanks. I've finally gotten back into the game and I'm using your guide to help. Great guide btw, it looks like you put a lot of work into it.

• Like 1